Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

The ways I've used Duracoat is through an air spray.

My friend received a little bottle and hooked it up to the air spray and started painting the gear he needed and what I needed painted. It doesn't use much paint at all, thin but even coats if you know how to use the air spray. Just add a few coats and let dry, the paint is as hard as steel, i beat my Kevlar lid with a screw driver several times to get it to scratch/chip, it took some time.

It's the best paint I know of, but for those who like wear, don't go down this road. And it was somewhat expensive, but we didn't pay for it anyway, so it's all good.

And it depends on the surface you're spraying on, just like any other paint, a smooth surface will wear off more easily than a rough. Just imagine the somewhat rough surface of a Safariland, my buddy had painted that thing a few years back and it was a little beat up but nothing serious(He's in SWAT, so he uses it for work). Well, he tried to spray sand on it to get paint off and to ensure that the new Duracoat would stick onto the holster, the paint already there would not come off, at all. It simply looked a little dusty, and the holster had been worn and beat around a lot so its surface was not as extreme as a new holsters surface. The new coat has been on the holster for more than three years and minor wear.

He painted his service rifle(M4), so it's very smooth, without sanding the surface and the paint has been on it for about 5 years, but it does have some scratches and chips, no big deal though.

Edited by -MOOSE-

I always thought of Duracoat of being something that the item is dipped in.

Cheers for that bud.

I guess that you could do it, but you'd need a lot of paint for that. The bottles I used were probably 5 ounces, if I remember correctly. In that case you need an air spray, and I think it would work best that way actually, because it's so durable that you don't need any think coats or even several coats. My 6004 only has a single coat and as I said earlier, there's barely any wear and I've used it a lot.

Got a set of Proud sights when I lost mine, very pleased with them!

They're metal, front sight screws in (so you won't lose it again!) and the rear sight slides in, but needed a little filing to fit my G&P slide... They're also three "luminous" dots, so much nicer looking than the originals :P

Got mine here: http://www.platoonstores.co.uk/product/proud_Glock_sight

Only a tenner as well :P

kWA Glock 19

ancx.jpg

Put a mechanical safety in and drilled a hole into the bottom of the hand grip for a plug(heavy modification of the plug needed for it to fit). Drilled two holes in the plug so i could use a lanyard aswell...didnt do a perfect job but im pretty satisfied.

ps. sorry for bad pic quality

Edited by Gumball

Please post more of that 228 in the Sig picture thread, it looks so sweet!

To stay relevant, a few pics of my beasty G17 :D

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

I was looking through my albums as well and came across this:

glock176.jpg

My really old, stock, trademarked KSC... Which Airsoft Armoury managed to "lose" when I sent it off to them >_> Would've liked that frame damn it!