Glock Picture Thread

If I can remember to test it when I get home, I'll report back. One of my friends was using the Vickers base plates at a class we were all at this past Saturday. Those plates simply aren't my taste in terms of aesthetics. They're HUGE! I'd rather see 10-8 Performance come out with their own version of a Glock plate like they did for my M&P mags.

Regarding Airsoft Glocks ... So while testing a WE G17, I liked the threaded extension so much that I decided I'd take advantage of it and get a longer TBB for it. Taking some measurements, I ordered a PDI Palsonite MEU barrel for it (113mm long). Installed it into the gun and it was the *perfect* coming to the end of the threaded barrel extension, but still a few mm shorter than the thread protector I use. I was stocked. Then I started testing the gun and realized my error. The way the threaded barrel and insert is designed, the TBB kept binding up on the inside. *sigh* oh well.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

If I can remember to test it when I get home, I'll report back. One of my friends was using the Vickers base plates at a class we were all at this past Saturday. Those plates simply aren't my taste in terms of aesthetics. They're HUGE! I'd rather see 10-8 Performance come out with their own version of a Glock plate like they did for my M&P mags.

Regarding Airsoft Glocks ... So while testing a WE G17, I liked the threaded extension so much that I decided I'd take advantage of it and get a longer TBB for it. Taking some measurements, I ordered a PDI Palsonite MEU barrel for it (113mm long). Installed it into the gun and it was the *perfect* coming to the end of the threaded barrel extension, but still a few mm shorter than the thread protector I use. I was stocked. Then I started testing the gun and realized my error. The way the threaded barrel and insert is designed, the TBB kept binding up on the inside. *sigh* oh well.

Regarding the threaded extension, can't you get the piece to a lathe and just widen the inside of the adapter (It's binding up because the outer barrel can't tilt against the inner right?)? Or would that make it too thin and therefore being a (I assume) pot metal part it'll break? If you still want to use the loner inner barrel you can always dump money on the Lonewolf threaded barrel that Detonator makes (both in silver and black). Comes with a thread protector too, but pricey :P.

As for the Vickers mag bases, I simply just want them to allow me to drop my mags base plate down and to not break easily. The Vicker's mag bases are made with reinforced plastic from what I remember so I SUPPOSE it'll be better than the airsoft stuff. I've got the nineball rubber ones but they don't secure really well against the magazine body such that once you drop the mags the base will slide 1/2 way off all the time..same with inserting a mag forcefully into the gun :(

Anyway this is a picture thread so I'll keep my wordy posts to a minimum and post pics later :P Still have exams to go! D:

The XDM is the newer (and therefore, in keeping with TM's policy of rarely - if ever - updating their guns (the new M9, at A1 specification, updates a pistol that is AT LEAST 12 years old)) also the more advanced design. It's got a truly awesome kick to it on propane as a result. However, being new there are fewer upgrade parts available (though the most important, an aluminium slide from Detonator, is already out) and frankly I think it's a very ugly gun, like a Glock that was described over the phone, with the resulting sketch being photocopied ten times before being handed to the engineers.

Edited by PureSilver

Very good. Im assuming the internals are identical to the gen 3s. Compared to the Maruis, my initial impressions are that the trigger is more crisp, the hammer and recoil springs are stiffer and the internals seem to be of better materials.

Really?!

Is this implying that it is on par, if not better, that a Marui G17?

That's very surprising, although I have heard good things about the HK3P Px4.

If the HK3P G17 is the same as the WE G17 (just with different trades) then IMO it's comparable to the TM G17, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's better. I've worked on 3 WE G17s so far. They've all had minor hop up issues. The plastic's not quite as nice with more noticeable seam lines. The slides less refined than other aftermarket slide manufacturers and the paint on them is ACM quality. But they're good for the price and fixable for less money than a standard TM G17.

If the HK3P G17 is the same as the WE G17 (just with different trades) then IMO it's comparable to the TM G17, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's better. I've worked on 3 WE G17s so far. They've all had minor hop up issues. The plastic's not quite as nice with more noticeable seam lines. The slides less refined than other aftermarket slide manufacturers and the paint on them is ACM quality. But they're good for the price and fixable for less money than a standard TM G17.

I would think that since WE's G17 most likely came from the same factory as the HK3P one, I'd say everything's the same bar the trades. Notice there's not HK3P G17 mags either; you can only get WE mags for them.

Plastic's feel more 'brittle' than the plastic used on the HK3PX4 and the KSC Glock I've experienced but it's not that bad. The hop up issues...well I've never noticed it since I immediately swapped out the barrel and hop for a modify bucking and TK twist but it looks like some standard ACM brass barrel as opposed to the HK3PX4 which has a silver inner barrel.

I think the inner frame have some dimensional differences as I needed to file down the top width of my GunsMod trigger sightly to get it to run smooth; has anyone installed it on a TM stock and required no filing or dremelling? Also, the seal between the mag gasket and the nozzle seem to be very far off; I'm thinking of getting the new Nineball purple gaskets for them soon and that might fix the issue.

If you wanted a Glock for modding I highly suggest the WE G17 if everything's gonna be swapped out incl. the slide and frame. If you only want to swap the slide or don't mind running a slide that's gonna get paint rubbed off easily then the Hk3P's the better buy. I suggested the WE if you're gonna replace everything because it's actually cheaper than the HK3P.

Hey guys. Used to own a KWA G19 and loved it. After shooting some RS Glocks over the weekend (17 and 34) I'm in love again. Marui seems a bit hard to come by; how does the KWA/KSC stack up?

I love my KWA G19, its a epic bit of kit! I've shot Marui G17's and G18s and even RS G17s/G19s and I still love my KWA. One issue I have had is the BBU springs one has bent slightly

how are the KJW G23's when it comes to reliablity and accuracy?

Mine worked fine until the valve knocker broke, this was close to 1000 rounds fired using propane, also including dry firing. Accuracy is decent since the hop up was a little consistent, but I replaced the rubber with a Nineball, and now it shoots pretty nice at 100 ft. The outer barrel requires occasional lubrication or else it will get jammed by the slide.

Edited by vilerk

Fitted my Guarder frame today after a few hours of filing.. :wacko:

44d09187.jpg

TM G17

Guarder Slide

Guarder Frame

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

SF X300

I left out the slide release spring on the re-assembly as I just couldn't get it to seat inside the frame without restricting the trigger mechanism. Am I on the road to trouble by leaving that out? The gun

functions exactly as it did without it, but I know it's obviously not there just for fun, it serves some sort of purpose.

I left out the slide release spring on the re-assembly as I just couldn't get it to seat inside the frame without restricting the trigger mechanism. Am I on the road to trouble by leaving that out? The gun

functions exactly as it did without it, but I know it's obviously not there just for fun, it serves some sort of purpose.

The purpose is to hold the catch down until the mag pushes it up :P Since you won't be firing your gun upside down take a few shots with your Glock and see if the slide catch shifts upwards from the recoil. If it doesn't then it should be okay, bar any other events during a skirmish that can push the catch upwards.

My Call of Duty TM Glock 18C GBB!

A bit more tweaked than before. You can consider this as final.

Specs:

Tokyo Marui Glock 18C Semi / Auto GBB Based

GunsModify Parts: CNC Aluminum Slide Kit For Marui Glock 18C (BK, BK Barrel), Extended Slide Stop, Lower Frame Series Tag & Tritium Night Sight

Guarder Parts: Original Frame (OD), Steel Magazine Catch, Polycarbonate Loading Muzzle & Piston Lid

FALCON 6.03 Precision Inner Barrel Set for Marui G17/G18C GBB (97.5mm)

Firefly Cylinder Valve For Marui G18C GBB

NINE BALL Parts: Air Seal Chamber Packing, Feather Weight Piston & Recoil Spring Guide PRO

Shooters Design Parts: Hammer Spring, CNC Steel Valve Knocker, Steel Full Auto Sear 18C-60 & Magwell + Lanyard Hook

Grip Force GEN 1 2 3 Kit Black

Tokyo Marui Glock Series 25 Rounds Magazine with Guarder High Output Valve & Shooters Design TM G17 Magazine Base With Logo x4

Tokyo Marui Glock Series 50 Rounds Magazine with Guarder High Output Valve & Shooters Design TM G17 (+2) Magazine Base With Logo x2

Pics:

1350b291dJPG.jpg233f94790JPG.jpg

The Nine Ball Feather CNC Plastic Cage is a really nice addition:

338a67fc7JPG.jpg

Cheers

orb

Edited by oRb
  • Like 1