Glock Picture Thread

I'd just like to know what mods he had to do to a SERPA to assist in the retention of a TM....

At the mo. I just have a nice stock TM 17 usually in either a '58 or PLCE holster (why fix what aint broke) with optional m6 but I'd like to try a SERPA before shelling out for 6004 / Safariland.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

I'd just like to know what mods he had to do to a SERPA to assist in the retention of a TM....

At the mo. I just have a nice stock TM 17 usually in either a '58 or PLCE holster (why fix what aint broke) with optional m6 but I'd like to try a SERPA before shelling out for 6004 / Safariland.

Oh,I don't see why messing with a Serpa when you could have a Safariland (or,at least,supposingly).

I have one and it's perfect..

Cheers, I'll have a look into a clone.

As I'm in the UK sourcing a SILS loop 6004 / 6005 / 6285 is more awkward than the current fashion SERPA and clones, which frankly is a PITA when the suppliers charge more for an order.

So the first set of parts for my Marui G34 build came today, and to my dismay it appears that Guarder has decided to make the Glock 34 slide use either real steel or proprietary rear sights.

I don't have a punch or the G17 to play with yet, but I did take a photo of the underside for all the poor bastards who come after me:

20121102140945301.jpg

This means that my Silverback marui red dot sight adapter is now worthless too, so if anyone knows if a KWA version will fit that would be useful.

Guarder G34 Standard 6061 Al CNC Slide & Steel Barrel Kit

100% CNC MADE, Aluminum Slide with Anodized Processing

Real Type Slide Mount, Fits for Real GLOCK/Tritium Sight

6061 Aluminum Slide

Steel Outer Barrel

Yup. Uses real sights. That's actually awesome. Get yourself some 10-8's and you're GTG. Do they do this with any of their other Glock slides sets?

Edited by uscmCorps

Yup. Uses real sights. That's actually awesome. Get yourself some 10-8's and you're GTG. Do they do this with any of their other Glock slides sets?

Nope, all the other ones are TM style sights.

I saw that in the description but I didn't believe it since I couldn't figure out how it would work with the BBU. However, this design totally makes me wonder what TM was thinking when they decided on their sights.

Oh and this should mean that a KSC red dot adapter should work right? I'm still 50/50 on sights vs. red dot, but since I've already bought a minidot I might as well try to use it.

I've used red dots on real handguns before. They're not for me, but I know some people really like them. They actually take a fair bit of training to use consistently. They're not as easy to use as a RDS on a rifle. Also, if you have a RDS on a handgun, you really want tall suppressor back up sights for the gun too. (1) because batteries can go dead or the sight itself might fail, (2) on a RDS equipped handgun they're especially important as they'll help you align and find the dot quicker. Unfortunately, there aren't suppressor sights for the TM G17. Give it a try though. See if you like it.

I don't know if its possible to do the way they mount some of the RMRs on real Glock/M&P/FNPs, they actually machine a recess on the top of the slide to reduce the height over bore on the RDS to get the sight acquisition closer to you would with irons. I know from shooting a Hi-Capa with C-more that its a very awkward initial learning curve to bring up the sight to the RDS height. With the BBU in place on the airsoft gun you probably can't mount the RDS low enough....

If there's one thing I've heard about Guarder, its that their slides have fitment issues, and unfortunately this applies to the sights too.

I went out and got some real steel tritium/fiber optic sights and the front sight is too large to fit while the back sight is slightly too small to fit well.

Any fitment advice or should I just start filing down things?

On my KWA/KSC Glocks and ATPs I used some thin sheet styrene to shim the back of the dovetail on the rear sights. It's a very slim and thin strip. I put it behind the rear sight rather than under the rear sight as putting it under the rear sight would raise it. As for the front sight I've installed 10-8 front tritium sights in my KSC G17 before. Though I can't recall the slide make. I would suggest getting a needle nose file and seeing if it'd be possible to either enlarge the hole or reduce the size of the post at the base of the front sight to fit.

Good advice! Lots of time with a file on the front sight post, and a piece of paper substituted for the styrene is doing a decent job for now.

Once I get some styrene I'll be placing it behind the rear sight, the paper isn't sturdy enough for the job.

20121102201543826.jpg

20121102201643912.jpg

I highly recommend these night sights by the way, they're TruGlo TFO's.

Edited by notrabies
  • Like 1

Nice.

OT: So an interesting thing I learned during a recent Adv. Handgun class, during the low/no light portion of the class Ken Hackathorn (the living legend) explained that he doesn't believe in tritium/glow in the dark rear sights. His reasoning being that in low/no light your eye is going to pick up on anything that's bright, and in a stress induced situation you don't want to confuse your brain between the front and rear sights. Some people would argue that you need the rear dots to align your sights but truth is your natural point of aim should get you in the right ball park and you use the front tritium sight to get more accurate. He's right about natural point of aim. In that class (and in others class I've been in in the past) he had us tape up both the front and rear sights in such a manner that they're unusable and most people are often surprised just how effective their natural point of aim is. Myself, I can shoot accurately within 10 yards with taped sights and still be able to put combat effective hits up to 25 yards. Nowadays, all my handguns (including airsoft handguns) have tritium/glow in the dark front sights, and blacked out rears. Works well for me. :)

All this talk of red dot sights...... couldn't resist the urge to drop this in here :)

Mostly lurk in the quieter parts of the forum, thought i might cross over here for a change.

My TM G17 FrankenGlock, with extra red dot sight awesomeness for those long range shots.

Started life as a G17c, shop swapped top halfs and removed C extras as they had a special on Tan G17's when i bought it, and when i ordered, they had sold out so made one for me.

Picked up the TM magwell at a later date, still worked out way cheaper than buying a 17c in the first place.

Nineball 5.1 6.03x112.5(1911/hi-cappa) inner barrel, shimmed to fit outer barrel.

Stock outer barrel, sleeved and extended, was built around a 120mm inner, but 5.1" = equals slide size and not overall inner barrel length, so it's 112.5mm inner.

Nineball purple hop rubber.

Hop unit honed faces and polished but stock TM

Recoil guide rod, polished but stock TM

Lightened BBU but still a stock TM part

Action alloy vented piston head (1911 part, tight fit works well)

Guarder alloy slide (more weight to lose there) replaced the stock TM plastic slide that only lasted 2 years on Green gas, some fittment issue's, BBU sits a fraction lower, so all contact surfaces have had a polish.

FAB Defense USM scope mount, with the old type Walther Top point red dot sight, bit more durable than some other dot sights, bit chunky but i am more of a function over fashion kind of chap.

Magazines have Magpul speed plates and polished BB feed tracks.

Been short stroked, but for gaming i prefer to have the slide lock back over counting shots, settled on a inner frame mounted recoil buffer instead.

Trigger is stock, but has been short stroked to remove most of the dead pull.

Stock TM night sights on slide, filed down rear sight to allow the slide to be removed with out taking off the scope mount, sometimes need a quick mid game relube as i use light oil on the slide for less friction over grease.

It's no show pony, and maybe not as pretty as some shooters in this thread, but it's taken aspects of the race gun world and gone more combat racer, might get an extended mag catch and i hear Nineball are doing Glock fit gas routers so might get some of them.

I play pistol only a lot, so it gets worked hard, 600-800rds a day, it has a not so modified third hand TM G17 as back up or for those moments when dual Glocks are better than one.

If TM made a G34 i would have just bought that instead :)

So in my continued adventures with Guarder quality, apparently the G34 slide is not properly spec'd to take a front sight adjustment tool, as the holes for it are far too small.

Currently I'm attempting to tighten it using some needle nose pliers, but its far from ideal, so if anyone has some special technique or concept I'm all ears.

Well I've already had to file a mm or 2 off the front sight post to get it to fit in the hole, but now the challenge is getting the front sight screwed in place.

The hole for the sight is real steel design and look like this:

g-glock-64-bk_3_mark.jpg

A view of the holes that are supposed to fit a front sight adjustment tool:

20121103114254385.jpg

20121103114305917.jpg

The silver rim around the hole is wear from me trying to fit the tool in with no success.

As the bolt that I'm screwing into the sight rests in a recessed hole to stay out of the barrel's path, I can only get it so far using pliers. I might try tweezers when I get back home from work tonight, but other than that I've got no idea.

Nowadays, all my handguns (including airsoft handguns) have tritium/glow in the dark front sights, and blacked out rears. Works well for me. :)

What about a setup with a red front, green rear? Have you ever tried those? Or is that still unnecessary and potentiality confusing whilst stressed?

My Gen4 Style Glock 17 GBB:

75qua5sx.jpgtmen59oa.jpgafwgb7z9.jpg

Specs:

Tokyo Marui Glock G17 - 3rd Generation GBB Based

Prime CNC Aluminium Slide With Barrel For Marui G17 (BK, RTF2)

HK3 Polymer Frame For Glock 17 GEN4 w/ 2 Cover (Black)

Guarder Parts: Steel Magazine Catch, Steel Trigger Lever & Polycarbonate Loading Muzzle

Detonator XS Big Dot Night Sight

GunsModify (SV) Parts: Aluminum Adjustable Trigger, Extended Slide Stop, CNC Steel Extended Slide Lock & Zero Hammer V2

PDI 6.01mm Palsonite Inner Barrel For Marui Glock 17 (BK)

Firefly (Cylinder Valve) for Marui G17

Shooters Design Stainless Steel Recoil Guide (Silver)

NINE BALL Air Seal Chamber Packing

SA Parts: Steel 200% Enhanced Strong Muzzle Spring, Steel 200% Enhanced Strong Recoil Spring & 150% Enhanced Trigger Lever Spring

T.S.C. CNC Aluminum Hop-Up Chamber for Marui G17/G18C GBB

AIP Parts: Aluminum Blowback Housing & Steel Hammer Parts

Tokyo Marui Glock Series 25 Rounds Magazine with Guarder High Output Valve & Shooters Design TM G17 Magazine Base With Logo x6

Cheers

orb