Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Thank you, looks like the Glock 19 is a lot more my size. 

That is a M&P next to a Glock 19. :P

Size wise you are missing about 1-2cm of each end, the width and other things are the same. Lets put it this way here is Arnie with a Glock 19:

tlg171.jpg

Look too big to you or not and that guy is a tree-trunk, back in the day. ;)

'FireKnife'

• Like 1

Another thing to keep in mind is that Glocks are a bit more compact than they seem, my Glock 34 is still shorter than a standard HiCapa 5.1, so if an M9 is comfortable to you'd probably be fine with a G19 and larger. My personal suggestion is to fire a shot or two with a friend's glock to see how easily you can point it.

Squad 701, that Stark one looks nice, best of the three IMO. How does it feel and look in person ?

As for the Glock sizes. Problem with a Glock 19 is the lower part of you palm/hand will fall outside of the end of the bottom of the girp. I just can't get over that. Though the G19 is better than many compacts in that respect.

Are there any larger/wider glock variants than the 17?

You have the 17L and the 34/35 ones. The L is longer by a fair few cm and the 34/35 is barely any longer at all.

I also think the 20 and 21 are a bit thicker but as far as I know no major airsoft company makes one and the difference is little if any.

'FireKnife'

I found a 17 to be a tad small, and I'd deffo NOT recommend a 19 or 26 if the 17 is too small. The 26 felt like a derringer to me, for comparison my handspan (outstretch pinky tip to thumbtip) is just under 12", so huge shovel hands. Are there any larger/wider glock variants than the 17?

The thing about Glock is that all their grip is basically made to be the same width unless you go to the .45/10mm Glock. Which in airsoft does not exist. All the rest they are just different in grip length and slide length. You can get grip extension for something like a 19 or a 26 to allow you you use 17 mag without feeling like there is a section of grip missing. As I mentioned earlier there is some difference I find between something like a 19/26 to a 17 in that their palm swell seems to start higher(closer to the barrel) than the 17. The 17 by default points higher for me than the other 2. 17L/34/35 all have the exact same grip as 17, just longer slide/barrel.

You can get some add on bits to change the grip a bit though...TM makes the G17 Custom with these thumb rest thing:

http://bbgunzone.tarad.com/shop/b/bbgunzone/img-lib/spd_20111224152723_b.jpg

Personally I hate it because it really changes the height over bore thing for the Glock, which is what I find to be the best attribute, and I like the thin grip(my hand is just barely spanning a 8.5x11 paper...lol). This will make the grip feels "fatter"

You can also add stuff like the Grip Force adapter which changes the tang area of the grip so it points more similar to a 1911. I actually find this to be pretty good...

original.jpg

Both of the above just pins to the hammer housing pin...

Otherwise you can add Hogue grip sleeve and stuff and they will probably add some thickness to your grip...

• Like 1

Squad 701, that Stark one looks nice, best of the three IMO. How does it feel and look in person ?

As for the Glock sizes. Problem with a Glock 19 is the lower part of you palm/hand will fall outside of the end of the bottom of the girp. I just can't get over that. Though the G19 is better than many compacts in that respect.

Hi NonEx, I had'nt got much of a chance to give it a good work out, but the aesthetics look pleasing ;)

for the money involved anyway, the trades are a tiny bit shallower than they appear in the photo,

but I definetly prefer it to the WE Glock 17 (HK3 version) which I got as a present for a friend,

having said that I thought the HK3 Glock 18 was quite nice indeed.

Obviously another bonus of the Stark Glock 19 (Taiwan Custom) is the fully automatic switch under the rear of the slide,

might never be used, but at least its there without changing the overall appearance of the gun.

As you've probably seen on Arms Cool (big brother - little brother) it comes in a fairly plain stickered box, already fitted with a tradeless barrel,

the fully marked barrel comes in a plastic bag, like an accessory inside the box.

I think the Glock 17 version may be available shortly if not alreay in Taiwan.