Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

I really didn't like his review/unboxing there. If the instructions from the manufacturer is that you should sand the BBU, why would you complain about it?

Besides, it's a known fact among people who like to modify their guns that the more aftermarket parts you install, the more snags you'll have to deal with. 

It didn't really look like he lubed up the slide rails or outer barrel at all, so he really shouldn't be surprised that it started scratching up. 

is it a drop fit wit TM G17?

Nope, had the same fitting issues as my prime 34 (exact same ones). You have to sand the bbu a bit to even fit it to the slide. 

I really didn't like his review/unboxing there. If the instructions from the manufacturer is that you should sand the BBU, why would you complain about it?

Besides, it's a known fact among people who like to modify their guns that the more aftermarket parts you install, the more snags you'll have to deal with. 

It didn't really look like he lubed up the slide rails or outer barrel at all, so he really shouldn't be surprised that it started scratching up. 

He takes good care of his guns and knows his stuff. AS advertises all his stuff as maximum quality and QCd by Lai himself. PGC, Shooters design and a few others have made drop-in G17 slides since like ...forever. It IS surprising to have to do fitting to a glock slide by AS.

Old airsoft surgeon glock slides (caspian ones) are drop-ins, as far as I know.

Otherwise the quality on the slide is excellent.

• Like 1

On my Airsoft Surgeon G17 kit the only part that needed work was the screw that holds the front sight. It would have been nice to have had a low profile one in the box.

Otherwise on a TM frame and a HK3 frame no grinding/files/sanding was needed with all stock TM parts.

Hey guys, I'm curious what holster you would recommend for a Marui based Glock 34. If I recall, the Marui frames are wider than a standard Glock, so I'm unsure where to start.

I normally run the Glock with an M3 light on the bottom, and the only difference from a normal Glock 34 is that I run TFO night sights, but I think they're pretty much the same height and width as standard Glock sights:

20121102201543826.jpg

If at all possible, I'd prefer a kydex holster mounted via Molle, but I imagine the pickings are rather slim and that I might have to take what I can get.

I'd love to hear how did you fit those sights.

Anyhow, the common consensus on marui glock holsters is (or at least I think it is) ...use the ones for the .40 (as far as RS goes).

I'm unsure wether it's the same for mag pouches or not.

Fitting the sights was half easy, and half horrible, because the Guarder G34 slide is actually built to accept real steel sights; the BBU screws into the slide itself instead of the rear sight. Unfortunately since this is Guarder, nothing quite fit right.

The rear sight mount was too wide and the front sight mount appeared to still only fit Marui sights, and the hole you go through to screw in the sights is too small to fit Glock front sight tools that you need for real sights. For fitting the the rear sight I just used a bit of crazy glue and tightened the allen screw until snug, but on the front sight I had to file in the post for quite some time until it fit into the slide hole, and then glue that in place since I couldn't use the Marui or real screw to hold it in.

Besides the sight fitment, the slide only needed a small amount of BBU filing and has been great overall, especially because it lets me fit a 5.1" TK Twist barrel in there while still being smaller than a Hicapa 5.1.

I know that PGC kits more or less work straight out of the box. I've been using their kits on Glocks, 1911s and Sigs before. My point is that if the instructions are to modify the BBU, then you can't be upset if things don't fit perfectly without doing so.

As far as the price goes, I completely agree with you in that it is absurdly high. Since I don't fancy it aesthetically it's automatically a no-buy for me. I've always preferred PGC/Pro-Win kits when possible for all my pistol projects.

The molded holster you want for TM Glock is a RS Glock 20/21(.45 ACP or 10mm Auto) holster. In RS those has slightly wider frame than 9mm/.40/.357 Glock...

Unfortunately it seems that Glock never made a long-slide model in either of those calibers, so it looks like I'm stuck going custom.

You could always cut the muzzle end of the holster off, most of the retaining mechanism is around the trigger guard anyway....

That's true, but since my front sight is glued on (and has popped off in game once before) I'd absolutely prefer to keep the front protected. I'll probably stick to my friends who do kydex work, I've ordered from them before and the only thing I hated was that they used Blackhawk strike molle mounts, which like to snap into small bits.

As PreacherMan mentioned too, you could try a heatgun(or a hair dryer) to a molded Kydex G34/35 Holster with your gun in it and it should "adjust" itself to size. I modded a RCS one after I got a threaded outer barrel for my G17...

original.jpg

original.jpg

I just heat it up with the hair dryer, taped a few loops of duct tape around the thread protector and stick it in the holster while its soft and wait til it cool. It still shrunk a bit so I did it again later with a birdcage flash hider on the muzzle and did it again.....:D

I know that PGC kits more or less work straight out of the box. I've been using their kits on Glocks, 1911s and Sigs before. My point is that if the instructions are to modify the BBU, then you can't be upset if things don't fit perfectly without doing so.

As far as the price goes, I completely agree with you in that it is absurdly high. Since I don't fancy it aesthetically it's automatically a no-buy for me. I've always preferred PGC/Pro-Win kits when possible for all my pistol projects.

There are no instructions provided and I QUOTE from redwolf : "Airsoft Surgeon SAI Arms Costa Style G34 Silde Set For Tokyo Marui 17 is a drop in and use part that you can easily install yourself. "

There are no instructions to modify the bbu and the thing is advertised as drop-in. Please check your facts.

Thanks for the correction on the holsters RM, good to know.

the knuckles guy was referring to the facebook page comment he made (By the way, it was AFTER the SLIDE was RELEASED and my box didn't come with any instructions. He only mentioned to do the BBU because people complained)

"592186_519911368038533_77558819_q.jpg

•  

Airsoft Surgeon Dear Jason, AS because the Marui Glock Blow back housing size are not perfect, so please rebuild the housing and the nozzle to the slide again, file the housing if necessary, till easy to putback into the slide. Cheers.

February 11 at 8:35am · Like"

•  

592186_519911368038533_77558819_q.jpg

Airsoft Surgeon All my product I did the QC myself, I can put together without what you say ( barrel not dropping enough) if your Gun base is Marui Glock 17 ( Not WE )( And you didnt do any custom wotk on your Marui Glock 17 ) , Please send your gun and slide back to RedWolf office Hk, I will open your Marui Glock, take some photos telling you and some others What's wrong and why you cannot put together. I will put your SAI slide in to your gun without shaving part of the copper outer barrel. And Please do not Shaving and parts before you ship out, or I cannot do anything for you !!!!

February 13 at 7:21am · Like · 1

•  

592186_519911368038533_77558819_q.jpg

Airsoft Surgeon My Installation fee is US$130 for puting the SAI slide to your gun + shipping fee shipping back to your address. I will post the video at facebook after I install , so your will see the performance of your gun and tell you why you cannot put together. After that our customer service will contact with you about the payment . Thanks.

February 13 at 7:39am · Like · 1