Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Possibly to save money or something they went cheap with the plastic dye and simply coated it on more externally to get the right shade/color look and so when you stipple you bring out the inner plastic which has less pigment in it. Maybe.

Either way that Glock frame brings tears to my eyes... of saddness :|

God damn that looks terrible :(

Sorry mate...

I am still not too sure why the color of the plastic seems to change more than my last tan Guarder frame around the stippling...

It's because the soldering iron ( or wood burner ) heat up the material to a point not only melting, also in a boiling state that it formed many tiny bubbles on the surface, the bubbles then cooled down and hardened and became part of the texture. You may just ignore them and use the gun more, the skin with sweat and grease from your hand may polish the texture for a finer look, LOL.

( the more I use my TM framed G17 the more glossier it gets so it's not really a joke :P , but I'm not sure about guarder frames )

In my experience, the same manufacturer can have variances in polymer, dyes, how long parts are allowed to cool, etc. Those and other factors can result in different stippling results. If you have a wood burning or soldering iron tool with a variable temperature adjustment, you can usually tailor the temp to the polymer. It takes some experimenting though. I've found even working on real Glocks and M&Ps the polymers don't always melt the same, and this is within the same generation of gun.

ETA: I don't think you did a bad job myself. Stippling styles change over time. Ultimately it comes down to what works for your needs and how you personally shoot, and if you like the aesthetics.

Edited by uscmCorps

I like the tiny random dots now that I've done quite a few of them. My old frame was one of the first frame I did, with much bigger and more uniform texture.

original.jpg

It feels more aggressive but not very comfortable. I was looking for something more like grip-tape texture. I also did the undercut a bit higher. 

Guarder definitely changed something. The Glock logo and the "Made in Austria" and the US Patent number thing has a much shinier back ground, from a smoother mold texture or something, the old one is not nearly as shiny and cheap plastic looking. I think also with a "color" frame as opposed to black you can see the variation much more....

I wanted to change mainly since Guarder did come out with the newer version with the fake pin like their G19 frame, and since its a cheap part it really doesn't make it a big deal. 

Question for those with the RMR-style sight on their Glock GBB, I am assuming most are not using RS RMR, how are the ACM clones with the cycling on a GBB? GBBRs been known to just destroys some of the cheaper aimpoint/eotech clones, I'd actually think a pistol in most cases is worse since the sight actually are moving with the moving parts, where as on GBBRs are just a shake....

Hmm....real ones are pricy....lol

Very pricy, but make sure you actually try it before you buy it. I know it's "fashionable", but an RMR on a handgun is way different than a typical dot on a rifle, and for many people (myself included) it is NOT as quick for acquiring a target as irons with a more open picture.