Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

He's referring to the stippling at the top rear of the frame where the webbing of your thumb and index finger grips the gun. Some professional frame gurus recommend against stippling there unless you smooth it out a little as it can inhibit a shooter's ability to get a quick proper grip when engaging the gun initially. It's all shooters preference. If someone requests it of me I usually hit it lightly with some sandpaper so that it aesthetically looks stippled but isn't too aggressive.

A lot of guys hit frames with cerakote to blend the color together. Especially the case when frames require extensive rebuilds with polymer epoxy. My recommendation: give the entire frame's externals a light dusting of FDE paint. It'll even put the look of it and the high points of the stippling may wear a little but the recesses will remain the painted color.

• Like 1

I found this video pretty helpful hwagan

Perfect, cheers dude - I currently lack any tan spraypaint though, I'm debating going with gunmetal grey for the frame, what with it being the only spray I've currently got... Can't look worse than it does now anyway!

Having a strange issue with my Glock. Sometime when I attempt to rack the slide, its as if something is stuck, and it wont budge. Along with that, sometimes after racking, the recoil rod is poking out of the front of the slide about 5mm. Could the first issue be linked to the recoil rod too?

Anyone tried stippling a WE/HK3 tan frame? I can't believe how awful it's turned out compared to my black G17 - The plastic changes colour (there are patches of pale tan, dark tan, brown all over the place). It looks *fruitcage* atrocious...

The one I did with Guarder's frame didn't turn out so great. I posted here a few pages back...

A lot of guys hit frames with cerakote to blend the color together. Especially the case when frames require extensive rebuilds with polymer epoxy. My recommendation: give the entire frame's externals a light dusting of FDE paint. It'll even put the look of it and the high points of the stippling may wear a little but the recesses will remain the painted color.

I am thinking about doing this...

I have this issue with a one piece standard Guarder barrel.  Have to take the BBU out, no way around that.

The one piece Guarder on mine can be disassembled without taking out the BBU. Not sure what the difference is.

Hmm, no matter what way I angle it, it always catches on the loading nozzle.  It's your old setup RM.  Were you able to take the barrel out with taking out the BBU? It looks like there is an issue with the tolerances of the hole in the slide for the barrel, not allowing it to angle down enough.

I am wondering about the "ovalness" of the hole for the barrel in the side, since they will affect how much "tilt" you can get out of the barrel for removal. The slide I am running now is the newer gen Guarder slide, maybe they changed it. The older slide when I had it even had trouble removing the non-threaded barrel sometimes IIRC. 

Edited by RacingManiac

The one I did with Guarder's frame didn't turn out so great. I posted here a few pages back...

I saw that actually, although from the photos it didn't look too bad - More the occasional tiny spot of discolouring? Mine was more big swathes/patches of all sorts of shades of brown.. I should have thought to take pictures really, but there were fingerprint sized patches of discolouration going from dark tan to black. Nasty.

Anyhow, all fixed now after a blast of Plastikote ocean grey, which I think quite suits it actually:

1t9chw.jpg