Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Hey Planeman,

No visually dramatic changes upon pawing ;)

Is that the newer finish on your Glock ?

I think there have been at least two different slide finishes since 2010 alone,

I read about one having a deep penetrating polymer-oil ? That particular one wasn't too popular.

I guess it one of those newer finishes as mine is like a grey like finish.  At first I did not like the color but now I like it.

• Like 1

Ohh, i have stark arms g19 green gas, do you think those co2 mags will work?

I had a quick look at the internals and everything looks and feels like the stock parts within the BBU and frame,

maybe the hammer spring is stronger along with the recoil-rod and springs.

But I gave the stock SA Glock 19 a quick going over with the CO2 magazine and at 14-15c it was averaging 321-329fps with 0.20gBB [Excel]

The hop-up might need a slight adjustment for long distance shooting.

This is what your G19 will look like with the G17 CO2 magazine.

IMG_4462_zps0e1fa6dd.jpg

• Like 1

Kenxin mine turned up today, lovely! Except the hole for the front sight wasnt deep enough for the stock TM screw for some reason? No issue, I can just drill it out a bit more

Yeah, the rear isn't supposed to either, this way makes the print a bit stronger. Be carefull when drilling, otherwise should work fine. 

I use pointed screws to sort of thread them. 

Just to make sure I was fairly rough with my front sight to see if it would snap, so far works awesome.

I hope the fitting was as good as my print!

Edited by kenxin

First attempt at stippling and resculpting, mainly inspired by uscmCorps's Glocks posted here and in the Real steel discussion thread.

Got a KJ G23 ABS version to practice while my SA G19 arives. Can't say I'm entirely happy with the result but I've taken into account some of the mistakes I've made and it'll turn out better next time.

IoD6AU9.jpg

yQquTvE.jpg

Edited by johny_blaze
  • Like 4

I think it came out quite good actually! Certainly better than my early attempts. And it looks comfortable and highly functional. Well done? How did you do your edge lines?

A couple tips that may help you in the future, for other textural patterns you could either take the tip dot the material and drag it a little. That's how a few pros do it and gets away from the individual dot pattern and looks a little more organic. Another option is to checker the head of a tip like I do with a 20 lpi checkering file. Then stipple with that. It'll give you an aesthetic more like. Boresight Solutions or SAI. But overall I think you did good. Keep it up!

I think it came out quite good actually! Certainly better than my early attempts. And it looks comfortable and highly functional. Well done? How did you do your edge lines?

Thanks. It is really quite an encouragment coming from someone as experienced as you.

As for the edge lines - I improvised a bit. As per your tutorial some pages back, I taped and marked the ares where I wanted the stippling to end. I than placed a metal ruler over the border and slid the tip along at a 30(ish) degree angle than cut the melted plastic along the edge with a utility knife and finally polished it a bit with a 1000 grit sandpaper. The lines aren't as deep and defined as I'd originaly wanted but I was afraid to not over do it. It was more difficlt at the curved parts of the grip where I couldn't use the ruler as a guid line and as a result the lines there aren't so straight but I think I can find a more flexible piece of metal to bend and use in those ares next time around. I did the edge lines before the actuall stippling and now I'm not sure if it wouldn't turn up better if I did it the other way around but it seemed like a safer bet doing them first as i could just stipple over them if I screwed something up.

Another option is to checker the head of a tip like I do with a 20 lpi checkering file. Then stipple with that. It'll give you an aesthetic more like. Boresight Solutions or SAI. 

I actually tried that but I made the checkering quite big and I didn't like the resulting pattern at all. I will most certainly though try it again with another tip as that was originally the look I was going for.

I've found adding the edge after stippling can be more difficult. An unstippled surface is smoother and easier to draw a soldering/wood burning point across. A stippled surface is extremely bumpy, rough and uneven. This means that running a hot tip across it will give uneven resistance which tends to result in sloppy results (in my experience). That's the issue I've always encountered and why I've shied away from doing edge lines.

I'd love to know how the pros do it.