Glock Picture Thread

Ace1Arms are actually still making them, just not openly doing so. They're selling them in regions that are harder to enforce. Such as Japan and other countries. The slides that are OEM buy gunsmodify for RWA are far superior in both quality, function and installation. But they also have a price point that reflects that. Basically you get what you pay for.

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Ace1Arms are actually still making them, just not openly doing so. They're selling them in regions that are harder to enforce. Such as Japan and other countries. The slides that are OEM buy gunsmodify for RWA are far superior in both quality, function and installation. But they also have a price point that reflects that. Basically you get what you pay for.

I have had several Ace1Arms slides in the past and they have been both great and poor, a bit hit and miss but at a great price. I am going to wait for the RWA slides i think, hopefully wont be too long now.

Not really a fan of Glocks, but I know a good deal when I see one. $270 roughly for this pistol that's had work done by RenegadeCow (stippling) plus 4 short and 2 long mags, Kydex holster and real deal Surefire X300 light. Thins get expensive in my country thus the reason why I jumped on the deal. 

mQgWGuH.jpg

TVny3ft.jpg

oRsjLxq.jpg

NwNRMyt.jpg

fEgBAqI.jpg

ZLFWZWB.jpg

Good catch sir. Could be different though but on their official site the logo is as stated above: http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/handgun/x300-ultra-led-weaponlight-3.html

Quick Google image search for Surefire x300 and glancing over the image results support that as well.

From the details on the last pic alone it doesn't come across as RS.

Not to be mean or jelly but :P 

Just sayin'

• Like 1

My old gen X300 (110 lumens) has filled "blades" and outlined text, newer ones (IIRC, 170 lumens non-ultra) have all outlined logos.

I've bought a lot of x300's over the years. From the early production batches through to the last production before they were discontinued by Surefire. I've never seen them with filled blades.

The easiest ways to see the difference at a glance between a real X300 and a replica are a solid logo (replica) vs an outlined logo (real). Also, all the replicas didn't bother adding the second pin hole that's been standard on the x300 line which allowed the user to add the included cotter pin to lock the battery compartment latch from accidentally releasing:

SF-X300-01.jpg

Here's a side by side with a few of the x300s I have laying around. You'll notice even though the logo font has changed a little over the years, it's always been outlined:

SF-X300-03.jpg

Also the LED diode is different. On the replica the LED diode is visibly square and the reflector is more milky silver. On the real x300 the diode square is less visible and the reflector is more chrome:

SF-X300-02.jpg

The resulting beam is also telling:

Real x300 (below right)

• Clean concentrated wide beam

• Warmer color (easier to pick up color contrast in low/no light)

• Consistent wide flood / spill with even taper to the edge of usability

• Good throw (usable distance)

Replica x300 (below left)

• Narrower beam

• "Cooler" Beam color - very white

• Flood / spill has some aberrations and extra halos/rings

• Slightly shorter throw.

SF-X300-04.jpg

Now that said, the quality of the fake x300's I've seen have been very decent. The only thing that I've personally noticed to be distracting when using it for training or gaming are the additional halo(s). But none of the differences I've noted here would be deal breakers for most people. Personally, I still think you got a good deal for everything you received but that ultimately comes down to you the buyer. For the price, it seems very reasonable and you have a good usable / functional setup. So real or not, you still made out ok on the deal (IMHO).

• Like 4

RE: X300 RS vs. clone/replica

Awesome info!

And like I was trying to say it's not that I (or we) are trying to be *albatrosses* yelling "fake!". It's more that I think it's sad when people pass of replicas/clones as real stuff. Perhaps sometimes it's unknowingly though.

I am very happy with my replica X300 although I bought it for $80 USD before I knew any better :P

Edited by NonEx

I've bought a lot of x300's over the years. From the early production batches through to the last production before they were discontinued by Surefire. I've never seen them with filled blades.

Awesome info, thanks!

A tiny bit of extra info: the fake X300 always has the serialnr.: A13168  :D

A tiny bit of extra info: the fake X300 always has the serialnr.: A13168  :D

Oh snap! Good catch there. You'd think the counterfeiters would take a little more effort to do random serial numbers and fix the little details. At least this way you know if you've got an authentic product or a replica. I know quite a few people who work at Surefire and they often get sent items for warranty only to discover that the item they thought was real is in fact replica. If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is. I only buy from approved dealers. I will say that the fake x300 I have is the best SF replica I've encountered out of any fake SF products. It's shockingly ok.

• Like 1