Glock Picture Thread

20170420-150233.jpg

20170420-150416.jpg

Guarder G34 Steel Slide and frame with TM G34 

rs Taran Tactical Ultimate Fiber Optic SIght (small amount of filing required, new screw needed) 

rs Taran Tactical Glock magwell (no mod required)

rs Taran Tactical Glock mag base pad (no mod required, works on CO2 mags too)

Ultimately this build will be sent to a machinist to do all the speed holes / cut to imitate the TTI / John Wick 2 build, but based on a full steel build  :huh:

Edited by blobface
  • Like 6
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

I'm probably the wrong person to ask because I'm so far down the steel slide rabbit hole there's no coming back. It works pretty good, room temperature it'd go through a full mag on green gas no problem, but it's also compatible with KJ CO2 mag, making it completely functional all year round, also Volante is making a BBU for TM Glock which I've pre-ordered, so I'm counting on that to make it kick even harder. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

OK guys, not the best place to ask but has the most chance of someone seeing it. Broke the slide on my WE G26 and was wondering if this would fit.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/color-scheme-slide-stainless-steel-barrel-g26c-p-9495.html

I know that it says for WE G26 but but mine has the semi/full auto selector (which I'll gladly get rid of)

Edited by johny_blaze

I made it work with My WE G26 by adding some parts that I had over from my ace 1 arms slide, it was the red parts that made an internal full/semi auto switch... without those parts the gun will only shoot full auto... I think I have a spare WE g26 slide here somewhere if you want, you can have it for free if you pay shipping;)

54bcbfb908fd6af6cc6a67bbe44e6d68.jpg

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal

I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps

1UvuWcS.jpg

This is the first time using my lazy suede stipple head on a "gun", the first actual grip I stippled was a PS4 controller.

Guarder frames are hard to come by recently, I just go any color available, in this case, tan.

The iron burnt the polymer dark, so I quickly sprayed few layers of tan/OD

CqjdYtp.jpg

Also tried the "proper" method of doing undercut.

i7CWnFN.jpg

zl08nUZ.jpg

First attempt doing borders, the easy/lazy method, the ball head just too difficult to control.

RoQxX2Q.jpg

Milled undercut

The middle finger one requires a HUGE ball end mill, that's about US$30-ish and I will only use a few times, the mill I use is also not big enough, NOPE.

R51k5P1.jpg

Still the same gun/holster, by the way.

hTGtFx2.jpg

lIxYTNo.jpg

SiC Coated vs Stippling

b8q5Ywp.jpg

• Like 10

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal

I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps

This is the first time using my lazy suede stipple head on a "gun", the first actual grip I stippled was a PS4 controller.

Guarder frames are hard to come by recently, I just go any color available, in this case, tan.

The iron burnt the polymer dark, so I quickly sprayed few layers of tan/OD

Also tried the "proper" method of doing undercut.

First attempt doing borders, the easy/lazy method, the ball head just too difficult to control.

Milled undercut

The middle finger one requires a HUGE ball end mill, that's about US$30-ish and I will only use a few times, the mill I use is also not big enough, NOPE.

Still the same gun/holster, by the way.

SiC Coated vs Stippling

Sweet! Outstanding job, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys....I got a question...and to be honest I'm well aware that it is a pretty STUPID one too....BUT!....I figured why not:

I've recently transitioned over to real steel while still having the fondness of having an airsoft counterpart...question is: With glocks and some of the fancier magwells out there going for upwards of $100....for a darn MAGWELL...would you guys say using an ACE1Arms ZEV replica magwell on a RS Gen3 glock 19....well...would anyone else here use one???

I mean....$30ish vs. $100 or more...???.....am I the only one who has thought this or considered it? Given we use RS on airsoft an what not

I would say that if the part is not crucial for the guns structural integrity nor operation and you do not depend your life on the functionality of your RS gun (i.e. only shoot at the range with it) then I would say that should be fine.

The A1A products are good quality and for something like a magazine well it should be fine, if you don't have your RS gun for actual self or home defense. Then I don't care if it's an airsoft sticker you put on it, no way I would do that :P

But if you use it for home defense, or CCW or something, then I would not even think about it and risk getting killed because you wanted to save $70 USD.

Wasn't there a guy who shot himself in the hand or something because he had an ACM forend grip on his RS and it failed due to heat and recoil? Or maybe I am making that up. But yeah, think twice before you cheap out on it and think about what the consequences would be if the airsoft part fails or gives you problems.

Also why MAGPUL stopped licensing their products to PTS because it gave the RS MAGPUL stuff a bad name from rednecks putting PTS and ACM clones on their RS and then bitching about it being poor quality :P 

Edited by NonEx

I would say that if the part is not crucial for the guns structural integrity nor operation and you do not depend your life on the functionality of your RS gun (i.e. only shoot at the range with it) then I would say that should be fine.

The A1A products are good quality and for something like a magazine well it should be fine.

But again, if you use it for home defense, or CCW or something, then I would not even think about it and risk getting killed because you wanted to save $70 USD.

Unfortunately I live in ComiCali...so CCW an life threatening situations are something I don't quite face on the daily...Although heading to the range to train and become a better and proficient shooter is something I do do quite often. 

Given as since its just a flared magwell add on (currently awaiting for the magpul one but they're taking too long to release it) and doesn't necessarily serve as a huge aid in a life or death situation but rather enhance an assure in mag reloads, I was curious as to the cross over of such a part having the ability to serve its use on a RS. 

Given this is a topic that can be opened an discussed into further detail, I'm aware of the touchy topic of using airsoft on RS as a simple DUH and NO NO haha..vs of course using RS on airsoft because well....because we can =)

Again though...falling off topic....Thank you NonEx (ps i just love your guns and hate you because you have them  B) ) This was something i wanted to touch base on as for me I simply like the aesthetic look of the ZEV style magwells and want one for my RS g19 since idk when magpul will release their magwells which I must say are just flat out affordable vs paying 60-110 dollars for...well for something such as a magwell  :huh:

Ace 1 arms does not make any zev magwell replicas, do you mean their agency arms magwell?

Ready fighter does 2 kinds of zev magwells that i know

ready fighter zev magwells

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=RF-MW-PRO17-BK&curr_code=USD

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=RF-MW-ZEV-BK&curr_code=USD

Ace 1 arms Agency magwell

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=ACE-AGA-MW&curr_code=USD

Guns modify Agency magwell

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=RWA-NW-AGA-BK&curr_code=USD

Edited by Dj_komodo

Well then I can say that the A1A agency magazine well is really oddly sized and not very smooth looking at all when I test fitted it on my Glock 19 build. So I would advice against that actually. Aesthetically.

I think you came to the same conclusion, DJ? :o

The RWA one gets my vote.

Unfortunately I live in ComiCali...so CCW an life threatening situations are something I don't quite face on the daily...Although heading to the range to train and become a better and proficient shooter is something I do do quite often. 

Given as since its just a flared magwell add on (currently awaiting for the magpul one but they're taking too long to release it) and doesn't necessarily serve as a huge aid in a life or death situation but rather enhance an assure in mag reloads, I was curious as to the cross over of such a part having the ability to serve its use on a RS. 

Given this is a topic that can be opened an discussed into further detail, I'm aware of the touchy topic of using airsoft on RS as a simple DUH and NO NO haha..vs of course using RS on airsoft because well....because we can =)

Again though...falling off topic....Thank you NonEx (ps i just love your guns and hate you because you have them   B) ) This was something i wanted to touch base on as for me I simply like the aesthetic look of the ZEV style magwells and want one for my RS g19 since idk when magpul will release their magwells which I must say are just flat out affordable vs paying 60-110 dollars for...well for something such as a magwell   :huh:

See bold text for the kind of mentality I am trying to warn you about.

Even if you don't think a magazine well will affect functionality, say that the screw wiggles itself half lose (because A1A uses china made off-spec screws or whatever), or you bump the frame into something and the magazine well gets stuck at an offset angle because of a bad airsoft 2 RS fit which prevents you from inserting a magazine, well then you are *fruitcage*ed my friend.

So no matter how small or unlikely it might seem, again I have to stress, if you depend on a real pistol for potential life and death situations you need to be very cautious when installing non RS accessories on it.

Sure it can happen with real accessories as well, but I am just saying.

Edited by NonEx

Leave it stock. Take an extra half second to slow down right before the mag goes into the gun to ensure it's aligned and insert it correctly. There's enough size difference between Airsoft and RS Glocks that replica magwells usually don't work. Also keep in mind most RS/Airsoft magwells are designed to be installed and then the firearm frame is blended into the magwell. If you're not blending the frame into the magwell you're basically making a slightly bigger funnel that reduces the likelihood you miss the opening but smoothness of insertion won't be that much better.

Practice reloads during dry fire at home. I regularly will put on my comp belt rig with 5 mags in the pouches and practice speed reloads. Do 20-40 sets of that and you will have 100-200 reload reps. You will see it pay dividends at the range. You need a software fix more so than a hardware fix. My 2 cents.

Also (and I know you said you don't carry), magwells suck for CCW.

oh, i see now that you have a G19 :o 

First of all, the magwell clones are made for the G17/34 so its fits kinda poorly on the G19 (WE that is) 

Second, the big A1A version looks kind of silly on the G19 like NonEx says, RWA (guns modify) looks a lot better (but not perfect)

Putting it on a RS Glock 19 will make it pretty unstable as it isn't a snug fit on the front part

WE G19 with RWA (Guns modify) Magwell

nCyV4C.jpg

Closeup of the fitment

QyyElc.jpg

(older pic of my WE G19 with A1A magwell)

jMFyFJ.jpg

WE G17 with A1A magwell

ZN8BJo.jpg

• Like 2

Leave it stock. Take an extra half second to slow down right before the mag goes into the gun to ensure it's aligned and insert it correctly. There's enough size difference between Airsoft and RS Glocks that replica magwells usually don't work. Also keep in mind most RS/Airsoft magwells are designed to be installed and then the firearm frame is blended into the magwell. If you're not blending the frame into the magwell you're basically making a slightly bigger funnel that reduces the likelihood you miss the opening but smoothness of insertion won't be that much better.

Practice reloads during dry fire at home. I regularly will put on my comp belt rig with 5 mags in the pouches and practice speed reloads. Do 20-40 sets of that and you will have 100-200 reload reps. You will see it pay dividends at the range. You need a software fix more so than a hardware fix. My 2 cents.

Thanks man! I actually just recently did the same, put my belt on and did some practice reloads with 5 mags at various speeds. I'll definitely do the 20-40 sets to get more proficient. Plus from most the research I've been trying to do and various videos of individuals doing reloads an speed reloads I see that they're using for the most part a stock glock with no other or not much additional add on aside from an rmr or the usual taclight.

Any mileage in the Dawson magwell insert?

Any mileage in the Dawson magwell insert?

I've seen a few people using the Dawson Glock magwell shooting Limited Division at USPSA. Seems like a great magwell for competition use. I couldn't use it in Production Division but I'm shooting a CZ Shadow in Production so that's irrelevant.