Glock Picture Thread

On 1/22/2019 at 8:25 PM, PureSilver said:

Yep, the G34 up there runs a steel slide (when it's a G34), APS CO2 magazines and a second-generation Stratos. The cyclic speed and recoil is (as usual) orders of magnitude better than with liquid-refill propellants, and even with the Guarder steel-specific spring and one of the included recoil buffers I feel like it could use a stiffer spring.

I have also run it with CO2 with its PGC G17 slide (which also has a Stratos), and it smashes the slide into the frame so hard the impact points on the slide literally squashed ~1mm at the impact points. Adding a second recoil buffer stopped that, but I won't be running it on CO2 unless it's got the steel slide or it's really cold - it's just not necessary.

The BBU does come with warnings not to use it with gases over a certain pressure and YMMV - I have barely put 5 magazines through it in this configuration.

Can you make a video of the steel slide/Stratos/co2 combo?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Just so you know, Recover Tactical makes a rail system that fits on the G26 called the GR26. It's a small rail but it takes minutes to install and can be removed with zero damage to your pistol. I bought them for the G17 and 19. I also purchased their GCH Charging handle and installed it on 2 of my TM/Guarder G17 builds and they are easy to install, no modifications are required and they work great. You should check out their web site.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Got Wood? said:

Seen loads of that on IG. Was it hard to get it fitted?

It was not a walk in the park, to say the least. I significantly carved out the area behind the slide, shortened/smoothed the beavertail on the pistol itself, enlarged the crosspin hole (hence the machine screw), and removed some material where it wraps around the sides of the grip.

I'm guessing most, possibly all of that could have been avoided if I had just used a Gen 4 frame as it was designed for, rather than the Gen 3 frame I had, but by the time I realized what I was getting into it was too late to turn back.

Edited by CatgutViolin

Ah okay. Didn’t know it was designed for gen4. How much are they and who in the UK stocks them, if you don’t mind me asking?

Gen5 19x in tan, with marking, ordered from KY.

Also, been hankering to make my G17 the less tactical one. But it has an HK3P traded frame. What do people reckon those are worth nowadays?