Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Yes, I bought one. Very nicely made but the outer barrel needs to be opened up inside very slightly if you want to fit a longer inner barrel. 10mm diameter and 10mm more depth will do it

I also put in a Guns Modify lightweight blowback chamber to bring the moving mass weight back down a touch.

DSC03697.JPG

DSC03695.JPG

DSC03700.JPG

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Beautiful.

When you say 10mm more depth, what do you mean?

I shall wait to see if I get my furlough payment (I left the job voluntarily without a handshake, then had to ask nicely if they’d consider it.)

Do you find the length of the slide and the weigh increase over plastic leads to much binding /tilt on the frame?

3 hours ago, Got Wood? said:

Beautiful.

When you say 10mm more depth, what do you mean?

I shall wait to see if I get my furlough payment (I left the job voluntarily without a handshake, then had to ask nicely if they’d consider it.)

Do you find the length of the slide and the weigh increase over plastic leads to much binding /tilt on the frame?

I typed that really early this morning and it is a touch lacking in detail, please allow me to elaborate: 

I am pretty sure that the 17L kit was set up with the G34 as a donor (102mm inner barrel with a reduced diameter at the end). Boomarms currently just say G17 series. If you want to take advantage of the 17L length outer barrel and put a longer length inner in then you need more clearance otherwise it will bind slightly part way along the inner preventing the outer from dropping properly.

From the chamber end if you want to fit a longer inner, then for my example which is around 115mm you ultimately need to go 10mm deeper with a 10mm diameter drill (I went 9, 9.5, 10). This will allow the longer inner barrel to be fitted without the risk of the inside of the outer barrel binding on it as it tilts during cycling. It is still stabilized it at the muzzle end of the inner as you do not drill down anywhere near that far. My inner is around 115mm so there is still more room for a longer one but you may need to mod the outer more to accomodate it. I think that length was fitted due to availability. 

I have found no issues with the weight causing a problem with the frame but then all my Glocks have Guarder frames if that is what you meant? If you meant the inner, then no issue there either. I have found both the Gen 3 and later Gen 2 style frames to be very strong. I did also fit a Guns Modify lightweight blowback housing to mine to reduce mass.

Edited by Mobius Strip
Clarity
13 hours ago, Mobius Strip said:

I am pretty sure that the 17L kit was set up with the G34 as a donor (102mm inner barrel with a reduced diameter at the end). Boomarms currently just say G17 series. If you want to take advantage of the 17L length outer barrel and put a longer length inner in then you need more clearance otherwise it will bind slightly part way along the inner preventing the outer from dropping properly.

Can confirm the same issue with my NOVA G17L NOVA kit.  I sent my barrel to Darklite to lathe the internal diameter of the outer barrel from the chamber-end and I was able to fit a Desert Eagle length inner barrel afterwards.  Originally, the DE barrel will prevent the outer barrel from tilting enough to allow clearance for the slide to cycle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...