Glock Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

I have built a couple of G19's using all Guarder parts (all internals are steel such as the rail mount, slide and outer barrel). On one of my pistols, the slide will lock back while being shot and the magazine still has half the bb's and gas left. The slide lock is not activated, it just sticks back and I have to use a block of wood to force the slide back into position by giving it a good whack. This doesnt happen if I use an aluminium slide, just the steel slide.

While I lubricate the pistol well with silicone oil, when using the steel slide, it doesnt seem to last that long and the pistol gets dry really fast. Any sugguestions as to what is the best lubricant to use on this? Should I use a couple of drops of the CLP or gun oil I use on my real steels for just the slide rails, outer barrel and recoil spring and guide rod? Is there a better silicone based lube (like a jell) that I should be using? 

If the slide sticks rearward, it may be the outer barrel. Next time, try smacking the muzzle and see if that frees the slide. Happens on mine with a steel barrel and aluminum slide. I have to figure it out or maybe get a threaded aluminum slide instead of this steel one.

I was going to say Rainbow8 but even they are out of stock. Looks like Guarder might be using their tooling to push out steel slides right now and the alu ones are sold out.

But send them (Rainbow8) an email and they will let you know the status. Pretty much as close to the source you can get for Guarder parts IMO.

Great shop too!

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/glock-23/category_cnc-slide

Edited by NonEx

I'm really liking the look of the Gen 2 frame and thinking about getting one. I do like the look of no finger grooves on the grip. Do wish they had one with the rail even though I know it didnt come that way. It seems like on most of the customs, that the grooves are the first thing to go before the stippling. I just dont have the time or talent to pull it off that well.

My RS generic/traditional Gen3 Glocks have all had their finger humps and grip texture done by Boresight Solutions. I've never been fond of the finger humps. Which is why I am so glad they ditched them on the soon to be released ( initially for law-enforcement only) Glock 17M and 19M. The 17M and 19M samples I've shot were a definite ergonomic improvement for me. Till then, for out of the box Glocks, I've been very satisfied with my Glock 17 and 19 Gen3's with RTF2 grip texture.

Edited by uscmCorps

My order of gen2 frames arrived. I made this parts bin build. Total cost 25$.... there is the issue of the slide not going the 1mm forward but that's likely due to the barrel. it will either wear out over time and sit in place or i'll change that. don't care, just a test build.

The hammer housing pin is way loose. had to epoxy it in (still drying). not sure what's up with that. both UAC and marui/we pins just drop out of there. Looks like guarder messed up and made the hole way bigger than gen3.

oqgzAP8.jpg

gudh1rT.jpg

LDQsnIT.jpg

• Like 1

I recall discussion the barrel offset in either this thread or somewhere else and it's due to the locking edge of the outer barrel (*fruitcage* knows how to describe it) stopping against the slide lock.

Found the pics. My situation was the opposite. Slide sitting too far forward, and I made a proof of concept fix (fugly as sheit) by moving the hop up housing locking notch and spacing it but I think for you filing on the outer barrel locking edge should be enough. :o

Or, if it is a Stark Arms Glock 17 it was due to the magazine feed lip beeing to "fat" at the rear so sanding the rear face of the feedling lip of the magazine down a bit allowed the slide to move forward (IIRC).

Aad2yN2.jpg

dkisPtT.jpg

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1
NonEx, on 27 Jun 2017 - 3:57 PM, said:NonEx, on 27 Jun 2017 - 3:57 PM, said:

I recall discussion the barrel offset in either this thread or somewhere else and it's due to the locking edge of the outer barrel (*fruitcage* knows how to describe it) stopping against the slide lock.

Found the pics. My situation was the opposite. Slide sitting too far forward, and I made a proof of concept fix (fugly as sheit) by moving the hop up housing locking notch and spacing it but I think for you filing on the outer barrel locking edge should be enough. :o

Or, if it is a Stark Arms Glock 17 it was due to the magazine feed lip beeing to "fat" at the rear so sanding the rear face of the feedling lip of the magazine down a bit allowed the slide to move forward (IIRC).

Aad2yN2.jpg

dkisPtT.jpg

10/10 digest.  its a hk3 barrel with guarder hop up housing. it was very hard to actually get it in the (outer)  barrel in the first place.. the detent pin would not clear as it normally does.

i'll check the tolerances soon and grind as needed. does anyone know of a cheap barrel for these as the stock one with the we internal threading is triggering me anyway.  cheapest I seen is 29$ for a guns modify fluted off wgc. but I want something cheaper. as I said, this is totally just a shelf build, so nothing expensive will ever go in it.

Every time I say ill do something the next day, I just end up doing it right away. It was caused by the guarder hop up housing AND the barrel. Had to file it back so it can move forward (A2 area, both barrel AND hop housing). Trimmed 2mm+ in there. Like a glove now. Basically the area that pushes against the slide lock. Grind that down until centered. Scary how soft that alum is tho... hand mini file went in it like butter. ugh

as for the frame... I like it! more than gen3 in terms of how it fits my hand. too bad the horrible cut out where the pinkie sits is still there..... :( And for some more details, the frame is a perfect fit in SERPA level 2 holsters. G20 holsters are actually too large for this one now. However, LEVEL3 G17/22etc  serpas still are no go.

Edited by CZFan
  • Like 1

My order of gen2 frames arrived. I made this parts bin build. Total cost 25$.... there is the issue of the slide not going the 1mm forward but that's likely due to the barrel. it will either wear out over time and sit in place or i'll change that. don't care, just a test build.

The hammer housing pin is way loose. had to epoxy it in (still drying). not sure what's up with that. both UAC and marui/we pins just drop out of there. Looks like guarder messed up and made the hole way bigger than gen3.

Loving it, I've yet to install my two, did you reinforced the front post as it the same as their gen three frames with no material around it ? I plan to fill the hole with Miliput.