Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

800 to 1000 to 2000. Guarder's slide starts pretty smooth so I didn't have to start with anything rougher....Wet sand those 3 grades in order then finish with metal polish. I ended up re-finish the top side with 320 to make it duller and do the sides with the mirror-like finish...

Their liquid metal polish?

yep...comes in similar quantity as Mother's Aluminum/Magnesium polish, in plastic twist cap shallow bottle.

3340563a.jpg

Finally got around to shoot this, and was surprised by the snappy-ness of it....the slide is for sure heavy and all, but it doesn't seem to make the gun shoot noticably slower....

• 2 weeks later...
Needs a Guarder serial number now B)

Any major differences between the TM and Guarder frame in material terms?

Personally I feel the finish on Guarder frame is nicer and slightly less 'plasticky' more of a matte finish.

However the Guarder frame, in my opinion, is slightly more fragile than the stock frame. It seems to me that it is quite easy to crack or damage it during installation.

But once it's fitted, in my eyes anyway, it is far nicer.

The Guarder frame does indeed look and feel more authentic but likely falls short in physical integrity compared to the OEM unit, as Chris5u stated.

Guarder tends to manufacture parts with a lower quality material and/or production method but uses good finishing techniques to boost aesthetic appeal. For example, Guarder Aluminum slides are diecasst rather than CNC but always have deep, crisp, authentic trademarks. Resulting in good-looking, affordable parts, that give the competition a run for their money.

The stock TM frame is an ABS polymer and the Guarder frame is a Fiber Reinforced (FRP) Polymer. FRP sounds fancy and is good for marketing but does not mean it is actually "better" than the OEM ABS unit.

It's hard to really compare the two without knowing the actual composition and production methods of the frames.

Personally, I did not have any problems with fitment of the internals into the Guarder unit as Chris5u mentioned, but I have done quite a bit of GBB upgrading and have my own techniques and methods when installing a new aftermarket part.

Chris5u's observation that the Guarder frame is more prone to cracking is correct though, as the matrix of the fibers in the resin of the FRP inately makes it more brittle than ABS, easily splitting down the plane of the fibers when enough force is applied in the right place.

If you only consider the forces from typical useage and it's more authentic aesthetics, the Guarder FRP is a fine choice...but if you factor in things like DROPPING the gun while skirmishing, IPSC shooting, etc., the stock ABS is probably a better material to use.

The Guarder FRP is comparable to the KSC/KWA Glock 19 heavy-weight frame material (or any other HW material used such as WAs). A nice touch for improved realism but overall durability is compromised to an extent.

For me, I just wanted the authentic Glock trademarks and texture/look.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by ViciousV10s

Thanks for the answer guys.

I just put everything back on Glock and meanwhile decided to polish the magwell and the slide stop, mainly because they had some wear on it, when i get some steelwool they will look better. The slide stop looks darker than the slide and magwell, should i sand it more?

G34-20.jpg

G34-19.jpg

G34-18.jpg

Edited by Firefly0

I think that too baias but i want it shinier, in some angles it looks the same as the slide and in others it doesn't, i think it's because the slide stop is made of steel while the slide and magwell are aluminium, next thing i am gonna to dois to adjust the trigger foward travel.