Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

G&G G34 outer barrel?

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=15923

AFAIK it should be a direct fit to a G17/G18C. These models share all parts except for the slide, outer barrel and inner barrel. As the parts in the frame are the same, the cam surfaces of the outer barrel should fit without any hassle.

-Sale

Few quick questions to save starting a new thread if you please ;)

1. Has anybody fitted a real mag catch to there Glock? (18 preferable) and are the real ones metal?

2. Do most accessories for a 17 fit a 18c too?

3. Anyone know a US retailer that will ship to the UK?

4. Is there anyway to get a full trades frame for a KSC G18C? If that new one for the KSC G17 dosent fit

So this isnt spam, My KSC G18C with 2 standard mags, extended mag and metal barrel and slide......and a inert round ;) Needs more pimping so some real gear, silencer and threaded barrel are on teh list :)

glock1.jpg

glock2.jpg

The fit is ok, the trades are not 100% correct(GLOCK is spelt as Glock, with lower case). And the laser engraving is not deep so if the paint is wearing away then so is the trades. It makes a satisfying noise when cycled though, a nice metallic Klank.....For the price they are quite good...

Fin - The real mag catch is plastic iirc

I wont bother upgrading to a metal one then ;) But then again as a real one is only $2 i might just get that for the sake of it being real

As for the 18C slide (seems im lucky to have one) it is very nice quality made of a good metal (not sure which), however the paint on the barrel is coming off quite quickly a months use and its going to be silver (however i plan on having a black threaded barrel and a silver normal one so im not bothered by this), and as said the trades arnt in deep. However i'd say its well worth the money if you can get it, loud metallic clinks on full auto do give you the ultimate grin :lol:

Fin, it's always good to have a spare mag catch as the stock one wears away pretty quickly. Although RS mag catches are plastic, RS mags have plastic cases as well, so the wear on them is much less than the plastic airsoft catch on the metal airsoft mag.

some updates pics of my standard race Glock 17, custom length and polished outer barrel

Glock17barrel%20003.jpg

Glock17barrel%20004.jpg

Glock17barrel%20005.jpg

It's been a long time in coming but I have finally gotten around to posting up some decent pictures and a bit of a write up for my TM Glock 17 project. For quite some time I have been building racy guns that have little or no tactical value. When I spotted a good deal on a TM G17 and some parts I decided that it ws time for me to change gears and take on a more practical tactical project. I have always had a soft spot for Glocks, since my first GBB was a Glock, but up to this point I had only owned KSC/KWA models. I have to say that I am very happy with how the TM G17 functions. Using it side by side with my old school KSC Glock I still can't tell you which is the better gun because they both have their good and bad sides. If I were building this project with the aim of having a very powerful hard kicking Glock I would certainly not be using a TM as a base. However, I really wanted something accurate which made the TM the better choice in the end.

To start this project I got a TM Glock, Avalon Steel Slide (Black), a Guarder frame, and Guarder 150% springs and recoil guide. The gun came with the Guarder 150% hammer spring installed which, I discovered, caused the slide to bind and not cycle fully. After learning about taking down a TM Glock the hard way (doing it by the seat of my pants) I swapped in the stock hammer spring which fixed the problem (thank you RSP for your technical support). I was really happy to find out that, unlike some rumors I have heard, the TM is more than capable of cycling the heavier steel Avalon slide (with 150% recoil spring that is).

The Avalon slide was actually the main reason I started this project. I have always liked the idea of having a steel slide but the Avalon kits were so expensive I figured that I'd never actually buy one. Luckily I got a great deal on a used one but the down side was that it didn't come with an Avalon steel barrel so I actually can't comment on the set as a whole. I am very happy with the slide though, it is thick, heavy, and aside from the trades being a bit shallow looked pretty much like the RS Glock 17 I got to take down and examine a few weeks ago.

Once I had the base gun up and working to my satisfaction I started to look for a way to make the gun a bit more unique than all the other black Glocks with metal slides out there. In a fit of curiosity I PMed RSP to ask him what he could toward modifying a Glock frame into something unique. After chatting I decided that my best bet would be to have a custom non-railed frame made (I have never liked rails). I liked the Gen 2 frame style better than the 1st Gen so we used that as a model. All I can say is that RSP came through in spades and within two weeks I had a 1 off custom Gen 2 Glock frame for my TM. I can't say enough good things about RSP's work (shameless plug).

Unfortunately, I ran out of time to continue with the project any further till this summer. I think that the next step in this build will be fitting lots of goodies like an RS Clipdraw, fiber optic sights, +2 Base plate, SD threaded outer barrel, etc. On the internal side I still need to do a Hi-Flow (to get as much kick out of the slide as possible, PDI piston head, and maybe an HFC loading nozzle to see if I can up the FPS as all.

I am very happy with how this gun right now. It is much heavier and feels more balanced than my KSC Glock. It looks pretty much the way I want it on the outside. I is fun to shoot even though it doesn't have the fastest cyclic rate out there. More than anything though it just feels nice to hold. I am also shamelessly including picture of my new knife just because I thought that two looked good together (and it sort of counts a a weapon).

As usual, any comments are welcome. I am far from done with this build so ideas are usually very helpful.

glockemerson1be0.jpg

glockemerson4yn8.jpg

glockemerson2ts4.jpg

glockemerson3hv4.jpg

glockemerson5xb5.jpg

Bits:

TM Glock 17

TM Night Sights

Avalon Steel Slide

RCW/RSP Custom Gen 2 Frame

Guarder Recoil Rod

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

SD Glock Baseplate

DBC 95mm 6.01 TB

RS Hogue Grip Sleeve

Thanks.

It's actually a Super-7 (I wanted the extra length) and it's great. First really good knife that I have owned but I think that I may have started an new addictive hobby.

The kick is ok but I am thinking that a Hi-Flow and maybe your kick mod will help it get to the point that I really want it to be at. I guess that there is always room for improvement.

Edited by Romulus
Rom, that custom frame itself had no finger groove right? Was the hogue grip just a case of you can't have rail-less grooved grip?

I removed the finger grooves, but cannot replicate the Glock factory checkering for the frontstrap, and so it was filled in to be completely flat. The Hogue grip covers this so you can't see the lack of checkering - but to answer your question, no there are no finger grooves on the frame itself.

The new Guarder Hi Flows worked in my G26. Added some kick and some power. I would get that PDI piston, I bet that helps the kick more than anything.

It's good to have this confirmed. I think that since this isn't going to e a target gun I am am going to try to get it kicking as hard as possible so that it is loads of fun to shoot.

Rom, that custom frame itself had no finger groove right? Was the hogue grip just a case of you can't have rail-less grooved grip?

I removed the finger grooves, but cannot replicate the Glock factory checkering for the frontstrap, and so it was filled in to be completely flat. The Hogue grip covers this so you can't see the lack of checkering - but to answer your question, no there are no finger grooves on the frame itself.

RSP pretty much answered this. The other factor that weighed in on my choice of going with the Hogue was that it was more comfortable. I mainly did it to keep the frame looking accurate though.

That's a pretty knife you got there. biggrin.gif +1 to The glock without the thumb groove is nice too.

Thanks.

The Emerson Super CQC-7B certainly is a beast. I pretty much always carry it and so far I haven't run into anything that it couldn't best.

Thanks.

The Emerson Super CQC-7B certainly is a beast. I pretty much always carry it and so far I haven't run into anything that it couldn't best.

Sweeeeet... :D I personally carry a Masters of Defense LTC875 (except to school, mind you :P ) and it is one sturdy piece of kit. I highly reccommend them if you ever get interested in one. :)

I'll have to look into that. The Emerson is the first good knife I have bought but I have a feeling it won't be the last. Now airsoft has another money sink to compete with.

On topic, in peoples experience is it necessary to replace the stock TM mag catch soon (in other words how long does it take to wear out)? I have experience with KSC/KWA so I don't need to know about them, just the TM.