Glock Picture Thread

All you're doing is bending it so that it tilts downwards more, and therefore pushes the bucking further into the chamber evenly. The alternate method of wrapping the bar with PTFE tape is something I've heard others do and essentially thickens the bar in small amounts so that it pushes down more. You might want to try that instead.

If your need for the gun is target shooting, CQB or generally engagements that don't have to reach out too far, the gun will be fine as is. If you need it as a primary or as a backup in an outdoor terrain (or generally any AO in which you have longer engagements) then out of the box, the hopup is pretty weak sauce based off the three WE's I've worked on. Another option is to try out the recently released REAPS bucking which allegedly extends your range significantly. I've got one, just haven't had a chance to install it yet. Half my TM and WE Glocks are light striking for some bizarre reason.

Edited by uscmCorps
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Your post makes sense until you actually look at the arm, As soon as you start to bend the arm downwards the whole arm becomes uneven on the one side whilst the other part remains the same height. Im pretty sure that will give the BB a even worse trajectory then it had at the start

I use needle nose pliers to ensure that it bends evenly. The bar is essentially an inverted "L" shape. I bend the horizontal portion of the bar that is to the rear of the vertical bar. I don't bend the entire bar from the front of the bar.

Freakin sweet. Now to decide between the 10-8 sights, Meprolights, or Tijicon HD sights. Tempted to go with the 10-8's since that's what I use on my RS guns.

BTW, how's the fit of the RS sights into the KSC Glock? Is it tight/loose, etc?

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=STARKA-PS-S18C-BS&search=special&rs=stark&catid=&cat=

Just FYI, this accepts RS sights and is Marui-compatible to some degree

and about hop up bar shimming, I saw on a Taiwan airsoft forum that A+ Studio suggests WE users to shim the hop up bar to use with REAPS bucking, and a thin plastic sheet is included with REAPS bucking ( which is very very small and easy to lose :D )

@uscmCorps When I had my WE gen 4 G17 for a short period of time I was able to shoot it and I also experience the same problem where it light strike and the trigger problem. Instead of not locking back after the last shot I had it where the trigger would not reset when the trigger is not pressed to the rear. It would hang on something inside and would not reset unless I physically pushed the trigger back in the ready position or pull the slide back slightly. The problem that I think is the trigger bar not being long enough or is getting hung up by something inside. Is yours a Gen 4? I would think it may be the frame doing this.

The light strike problem also accord a few times on the WE. Most glocks encounter this problem though. New aftermarket one will probably be needed to rid the problem. So far on my new TM G17 I have not had light striking issues *kncoks on IKEA wood*

Sorry for the double post. I already posted this in the reviews section but thought that it could be informative in here, too.

I got the HK G17 Gen3 version today and I must say I am really disappointed with it. I got it because my TM G17 has some strange issues randomly and I can't trust it 100%.

HK G17 is just dull. The hop up is very poor compared to Marui's and the slide doesn't lock back when the mag is out of BBs. Even if it is full of gas!

Also you have to push down the slide when you rack it, to make sure that it activates the trigger!

If anyone has any suggestions how to solve the slide not locking back I am all ears.

I shot around 6 mags through it.

Only +1 for HK is that it fits my Crye Gunclip better than the Marui.

A little update on my KSC G19.

*snip*

KSC G19 w/ full gripreduction and stipple

PGC Slide kit

G34 Slide release

G17 smooth trigger w/shortened pull

Milliput beavertail

Glock tritium frontsight (need to find a higher someday)

China Docter sight

Surefire X300

Somehow I missed this the first time around. This is a great looking piece. Did you do the modifications yourself? I'm especially curious about the installation of the Docter Sight.

Yessir, RMR. It's just sitting on top until I make a mount for it and mill the slide or find an easier option.

965a9b34.jpg

*Le Edit: Anyone know of any TM-compatible suppressor- or extra-tall iron sights that would allow a co-witness with the RMR?

Edited by beta08

Hey guys, didn't think starting a new thread for a few quick questions would be efficient so I figured I 'd ask it here.

I'm looking to finally get into the Glock game with a G34, and I was wondering about a few things.

First I was looking on using this kit:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=32341

And I wasn't sure if I'd need new springs, and if those springs would need to be G17 or G34 sized.

Second, do you guys feel it would be better to start off with a WE G17 and upgrade it or get a Marui G17 and leave it mostly alone. The price difference is fairly significant so I'd like to stick with the WE, but I know that budget builds are rarely best in the long run.

The g34 uses the same spring setup as the g17, so no problem there. I'd recommend a guarder enhanced recoil spring set (thou I don't use the hammer spring) for a snappy recoil

The fitting on the prime kit is perfect for the marui (except a little filing to the bbu required) so I'd recommend to start with the marui.

On builds, always use the best you can afford. What's the point of a prime kit if you use it on a WE? (a platform that costs less than the kit itself).

Besides the fitting and tolerances of the we aren't the best (and the trigger is a little gritty, at least the ones I've handled).

Also, you might want to wait for the guarder g34 kit coming "soon" (whenever that is) if you want to go the cheap route or steel route (check intrudershop's website).

The g34 uses the same spring setup as the g17, so no problem there. I'd recommend a guarder enhanced recoil spring set (thou I don't use the hammer spring) for a snappy recoil

The fitting on the prime kit is perfect for the marui (except a little filing to the bbu required) so I'd recommend to start with the marui.

On builds, always use the best you can afford. What's the point of a prime kit if you use it on a WE? (a platform that costs less than the kit itself).

Besides the fitting and tolerances of the we aren't the best (and the trigger is a little gritty, at least the ones I've handled).

Also, you might want to wait for the guarder g34 kit coming "soon" (whenever that is) if you want to go the cheap route or steel route (check intrudershop's website).

Thanks for the excellent reply!

I suppose I'll start saving for the Marui, and if the guarder kit comes out before I finish I'll go with that.

Externals don't bother me too much, I just want a quality G34, so as long as the Prime kit gets it done I doubt I'll mind much.

So, this should suffice for the recoil spring, yes?:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/parts-upgrade-pistol/springs-spring-guides/guarder-enhanced-steel-recoil-spring-guide-for-marui-g17.html

And are there any other required/highly recommended upgrades that I should worry myself with from the start?

That recoil spring and guide is exactly what I have in mine, so yes.

Any other upgrades depend on what you want the 34 to be, is it gonna go racegun route? is it gonna be a reproduction of a standard 34?

If it's a racegun you might want a lightweight bbu and the zero hammer (note I don't have experience with the zero hammer)? the gunsmodify trigger is excellent no matter what you want to do with it.

Also from gunsmodify the extended slide stop is an interesting upgrade.

Yessir, RMR. It's just sitting on top until I make a mount for it and mill the slide or find an easier option.

*Le Edit: Anyone know of any TM-compatible suppressor- or extra-tall iron sights that would allow a co-witness with the RMR?

Very cool. Curious to hear how it'll go with the TM slide.

That recoil spring and guide is exactly what I have in mine, so yes.

Any other upgrades depend on what you want the 34 to be, is it gonna go racegun route? is it gonna be a reproduction of a standard 34?

If it's a racegun you might want a lightweight bbu and the zero hammer (note I don't have experience with the zero hammer)? the gunsmodify trigger is excellent no matter what you want to do with it.

Also from gunsmodify the extended slide stop is an interesting upgrade.

Well my main goal is that of a workhorse gun, as I play at least every other week.

My stock KJW Hicapa does a great job at the CQB arena where I play, so similar or better performance would be nice.

All I'm really looking for is something that is gonna last a long time with decent aesthetics and performance.

I suppose I'm most concerned about keeping the Marui accuracy and retaining decent gas efficiency.

Only external change I'm currently planning is a micro dot to replace the rear sight, if I don't find myself satisfied with the regular sights.

Guarder KJW G19 trademarked frames are out, sort of. http://www.bbdragon.com.tw/product_info.php/products_id/3265.

And a bunch of other stuff coming soon including G34 slides, an extended slide stop, steel G19 inner frame, etc. http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/commingsoon_eng.asp.

It's a good day to be a G19 owner. :)

Edited by vilerk

A few shots here of the Guarder/Guarder/KJ Glock 19 and the KSC/RA Tech Glock 19 for comparrison.

The difference between the original KJ frame and the new trademarked Guarder frame is 22g heavier for the Guarder (66/88)

Total weight for Guarder with aluminium slide and SD mag-release is 710g.

The KSC/RA Tech is much heavier due to steel-slide at 988g, but again will function much better with a PGC barrel.

Not too much problem installing the Guarder frame bar trying to keep the serial-number plate under the frame in place.

IMG_7974a.jpg

IMG_7986a.jpg

IMG_7962a.jpg