Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

understood, i apologize, just not a big fan of people who speak on something that they don't own/abused or haven't even bought themselves. its really degrading to the forum itself and the people who have actually put money into it. I ask that you at least let the facebook posts be reposted so people can really see what Airsoft Surgeon thinks of its customers. i will end my comment here unless you allow me to repost the facebook comments. thanks and sorry

Anyone had any luck finding a foam filled suppressor that suits Glock 18 or 19s well ? Everything Im finding seems to be 35mm+ which is cool for a rifle but not a handgun.

G&G SS-80 and SS-100

edit: ah, I see you are in the US. I believe they don't sell it with foam over there.

Edited by bobthebuilder

Yeah I always order suppressors from overseas. My first suppressor like 8 years ago was a US only and was an entire chunk of metal with a hole in it. Probably 3 pounds.

Id forgotten about Lees. Definitely like that option. Im curious to hear others, too!

Anyone know of a replica Silencerco Osprey? Seems like it could suit a Glock well.

no, nobody makes a replica osprey. i wish. would probably be a heavy *fruitcage* though.

BTW, i ordered one of Lee's suppressors recently, with foam intact, and it came in just fine.

getting foamed suppressors in the US is not really a priority of customs as much as it is GBBRs ans unlicensed replicas

Edited by Horsem4n

no, nobody makes a replica osprey. i wish. would probably be a heavy *fruitcage* though.

Who ever attempted to make one should be able to design a decently light one. I've fired a real one several times, most recently at Shot Show this year. I was shocked by how light that thing felt.

My new baby VFC glock 19.

May I ask where you ordered that from? I was under the impression all the stores were sold out.

Lacking a more appropriate thread ... and since this is based off a Glock platform ...

A friend had asked me to do a stipple job on his VFC Glock and before doing that I had recently made a new stippling tip. So last night I tested it out on one of my spare beater ATPs that I often use as one of several backups for when I go to games.

Here's a side by side comparison to a more or less standard ATP.

• 10-8 Performance Rear sights.

• Finger groove removal.

• Frame recontouring.

• Trigger guard undercut, smoothed out, rounded, and stippled.

• 360° Grip stippling (Back strap is still removable and swappable with the smaller sized back strap).

• Forward Frame flats stippled.

As much as I liked the ATP, I've never been a big fan of some of the lower frame's patterning and general contouring. As most Glock owners will attest to, the finger grooves don't always fit every hand, which is why so many people remove those. I felt the same and removed them. While the OEM frame panels are very much reminiscent of the HK45 style, it always seemed out of place on the ATP to me so I essentially removed it and stippled the entire frame. The last thing that I wasn't crazy about is the scalloping of the frame where your index finger is supposed to rest when not in the trigger guard. I like my finger to rest in the ejection port the way Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn taught me. The Scalloping doesn't impede that, but it felt like a forced aesthetic feature whereas I preferred a smoother contour. So I smoothed and blended it out. Also, when stippling the back of the gun's frame, I have learned years back to not go too high on the back strap on real or airsoft guns as that tends to rub on the shooter's base thumb knuckle. I didn't enlarge the trigger guard much on this gun but I may do that in the future. Generally, I quite like the new stippling tip I made. It produces a slightly more recognizable pattern much like what BoreSight Solutions does on his guns. I hope you guys like this too.

atpstipple0401.jpg
atpstipple0402.jpg
atpstipple0403.jpg
atpstipple0404.jpg

FYI, people have asked me to do stipple jobs on their guns in the past. If people are still interested, feel free to contact me.

Good stuff....

Thanks!

Nicely done uscmCorps!

The tip is a flathead screw with filed meat hammer pattern, right? :P

Yup a screw head with the pattern cut into it used with a soldering iron. For me, the actual stippling is surpringly the easy part. It takes some time to do, but what is the most time consuming and requires the most artistry and skill is the recontouring of the frame. That takes 80% of my time per frame. One frame usually takes me around 8-9 hours to do properly from start to finish.

Well since you guys have been helping me try to find a proper holster for it, the least I can do is offer some pictures of my TM Glock 34:

20130301153405533.jpg

20130301153430651.jpg

20130301153450603.jpg

Sadly they're all indoor pictures because the inner-city does not take kindly to guns outdoors.

As of now, I've just gotten a generic holster: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_102_686&products_id=10925

While its loose normally, with the M3 light attached its a very comfortable fit when adjusted right, and it seems decent enough at protecting the magazine release to avoid dropped mags.

can you show how you made that tip if possible? and wonderful job..truly a beauty!

There's a few ways to do it. I initially tried to do it with a dremel but found that to be too hard to control for the clean straight lines needed and the cuts were too thick. The way I did my initial tip was to first file off all the excess of the screw head until the original slot for the flat head screw driver was removed. Then using a thin square file I cut grooves into the screw head and created a checkerboard pattern. The finer/smaller the pattern the finer the resulting stipple. Takes some trial and error but not too hard.

Well since you guys have been helping me try to find a proper holster for it, the least I can do is offer some pictures of my TM Glock 34:

Sadly they're all indoor pictures because the inner-city does not take kindly to guns outdoors.

As of now, I've just gotten a generic holster: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_102_686&products_id=10925

While its loose normally, with the M3 light attached its a very comfortable fit when adjusted right, and it seems decent enough at protecting the magazine release to avoid dropped mags.

Looking good! I love that sight picture.

Do tell how that guarder slide is holding up.

Looking good! I love that sight picture.

Do tell how that guarder slide is holding up.

Well its been through quite a few magazines since I built in October/November, so I think I can give you a brief review.

Guarder G34 slide with aluminum slide and steel barrel

Initial Fitment:

Only slightly bad. I have to do a bit of filing, as part of the trigger assembly was catching on the BBU, but that was about it internally.

For the sights, you can theoretically put real steel sights on but it is nowhere near a drop fit. Rear sight area is too wide, so while the included G34 style sight fits perfectly, real steel sights will either need some buffering, friction, or adhesive to stay in place. The use of real type sights is however mandatory, as rather than have the BBU screw into the sights like normal on a TM Glock, the slide is solid and the BBU screws directly into it.

The front sight hole on the other hand still appears to be made in Marui dimensions, so much filing had to be done to my sight post for it to fit in. This is made far worse by the fact that you cannot use a standard Glock front sight tool to screw it in place, because Guarder appears to have made the hole at the bottom of the slide too small, which resulted in much swearing from me. Eventually I just tossed the screw out and glued it in place, but I'd just skip all the trouble and use a fancy Marui type front sight.

Performance:

Slide seems to do just fine when it comes to shooting. I paired the increased length with a 5.1 TK twist barrel and a nineball bucking and the results are phenomenal. By far the best shooting pistol I've ever had. Only complaints are that the steel barrel creates friction around the ejection port, which requires a bit of lube before each day of play for best results.

Concerns:

My only concern after the installation work is the steel barrel. Why Guarder decided not to make a version with an aluminum barrel and slide completely baffles me, as a steel slide adds too much weight for me and the steel barrel is slowly eating through the slide. Very small amounts of damage are being done at the front and rear of the ejection port, but where the muzzle meets the slide is definitely wearing away, and it will become a problem eventually.

Overall:

~8/10 Its a beautiful slide with beautiful trades (trades match the guarder frame too) and it absolutely catches people's attention. Negatives are installing the sights and the steel barrel causing wear.

I prefer the PGC slide/barrel kit. It's very easy to fit and the finish is superb. Another thing that the PGC kit has going for it is the fact that you can use RS holsters straight away. If you opt for the Guarder slide, you will have to use a holster made for the G20/21. 

Moving on to the frame, I really have to suggest you take a look at the new HK/HK3P frames. I got one in the mail yesterday and I'm really impressed so far. The finish is good, markings are correct and nicely done. But the most important thing is how it feels in your hand. The texture of the material is better than any other AS Glock I've handled. 

More talk about frames here: Which airsoft Glock frame is the most "RS" like in materials and feel?

Edited by fyra