Glock Picture Thread

HK3 G17 Gen3 - I spent 3 hours stippling the frame, shrinking the finger grooves and undercutting the trigger guard in the hopes that it'll prevent me from selling it, buying a 1911, then realising Glocks are far more practical and fit my hand better all over again. 

Well if you do decide to sell it and buy another 1911 give me a shout.  :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Well if you do decide to sell it and buy another 1911 give me a shout.  :D

Heh, truth be told you'd be better off buying a new one man - £75 shipped from ShooterCBgear via the cheaper postage option, no customs and got here in a week :) If I sold it it'd only be worth £70-80 at best, and that's not even half a 1911 these days! 

Yerp. 

...commanding 65% of the market share of handguns for United States law enforcement agencies[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

Yeh. They got a bit of the pie in LE section.

I don't know, I think lately, with the Stark Glock 19 (yeh yeh I know I don't stop), that the Glock is my favorite handgun overall.

But it changes over time, 6 months ago it was the 1911 and so on.

My favourite Handgun is a 1911 or an M9, but the most practical, reliable, and easy to shoot/operate/use pistol I know of (I'm talking Airsoft but I imagine the R/S fits most of those categories) is a Glock. 

Glocks are boring, you can't do a lot of fancy shiney external pimp mods to them, they look fairly dull and every single control surface is exactly where it should be, it's fully adaptable to anything you need it to be, and it just works. 

I love Glocks as much as I hate them.

Hwagan, Glocks are incredibly reliable when it comes to the real steel versions, it also helps that airsoft Glocks are reliable as hell! At least in my experience they are. Of course, you should be able to find a few horror stories about reliability when it comes to any firearm but with the tests that Glocks are put through and the quality control of the company, there should not be a risk of failure. As long as you'd treat it well, but that goes with any firearm.

Though this pertains to real Glocks and not airsoft Glocks, I have heard a story from a friend who is a SWAT Officer. He accidentally left his off-duty Glock on the top of his squad car, and he beats himself up for that mistake! He drove down the highway at 70mph and heard something scraping on the roof, when he looked in his rear-view mirror he could see this little black blob flying off of his car. Of course, he turned around when he was able to and stopped to pick it up, with one side of the slide and frame completely scratched, pretty deep into the metal and the plastic. The sights were knocked off, with a little damage to the slide where the sights are mounted. Even though its the SOP to have a round chambered for his SWAT Team, the Glock did not go off. He took it to a local shooting range and asked one of the employees if it was safe to fire and if it was able to be fixed, since he didn't want to show all of his team members what had happened! The employee racked the slide back a few times and listened carefully, and gave the word that it was in good enough condition to fire safely. My friend did shoot a good number of rounds through it, even without the sights, and went home to write a letter to Glock about how impressed he was that it would be able to take much more abuse that he expects in the line of duty, and Glock responded with another "thank you" letter with a few cool small things, as well as offering to fix/replace the gun for a decent fee. The ended up replacing it completely and he payed out of his own pocket because he didn't want the department to deal with it all. Unfortunately, he had to pay for it, but business is business and someone has to pay someone else... I don't know if it is alright to post a story about a real firearm on the airsoft boards, so if it is not accepted I will completely understand if the moderators and/or administrators were to delete this part of my post(and send me a PM with a warning or something, but I'd appreciate to keep my warning points at 0, thank you).

Anyway, there are actually a lot of different things that one can do to a Glock to make it more unique or make it more "high-speed." The Echo 1 Timberwolf that Agent Hunk posted on the previous page is a nice example of a "high-speed" yet modest set up for a Glock. Which makes me want to trade in my KWA Glock18c for one of those, but I'm generally happy with my Glock as it is, it's extremely reliable but has no "cool-guy" accessories besides an Insight M3 light. Most of the Glock accessories on the market seem to be parts to make ones Glock into a Race-Gun, there is still a decent number of accessories that are more military oriented. It's true though, at the end it is still a boring Glock, and you cannot really take that away from the gun. *suitcase*, I love Glocks because of the simple and straight-to-the-point design, but I'll still admit that it's a pretty boring design(besides that TimberWolf). After all, it's designed to be a utilitarian combat pistol!

Enough talk from me...

• Like 3

Hwagan, Glocks are incredibly reliable when it comes to the real steel versions, it also helps that airsoft Glocks are reliable as hell! At least in my experience they are. Of course, you should be able to find a few horror stories about reliability when it comes to any firearm but with the tests that Glocks are put through and the quality control of the company, there should not be a risk of failure. As long as you'd treat it well, but that goes with any firearm.

See I think this may be the first time I've been able to say 'Cool story, Bro' on the internet without the slightest trace of sarcasm; I know our own armed forces have recently adopted the Glock as the standard sidearm, after years of our Armed police carrying them. I've unfortunately not got to use a real Glock, but I honestly don't believe they'd have earned the reputation they currently have without being seriously decent firearms. Still, that's not the first story along those lines I've read about Glocks, and I'm sure it won't be the last - I very much admire Glock for the countless lives they've probably saved under adverse conditions, and hearing that one will take that kind of abuse and still do what it needs to do is a good example of the fact they're so well engineered and built

Even Airsoft-wise, TM's Glock 17, and now the HK3 G17 I own have never, ever, ever let me down. Admittedly I don't depend on them for my life, but I have a feeling if I ever manage to get into the states it'll be the first handgun I purchase.

When I say Glocks can't be pimped, I mean more along the lines of the detailing and controls - A 1911 has so many controls and parts that you can build some really nice, unique, shiney pistols. With a Glock, they're either race gun oriented (which in my opinion usually looks silly on a Glock), or very military-esque, which I prefer.

Mine has a stippled and re-profiled frame for now, and I keep looking at it wondering what I'd like to change; But even the standard sights work so well for me, all I can think of adding is a light, and potentially a threaded barrel with a protector for a bit more of an aggressive look. I'm a huge fan of tinkering with my guns and changing bits and bobs so they suit me better, but that's why I have a love/hate thing for the Glock - It's so well designed from the factory, there's almost nothing I can do to it that'll improve it any! :P

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 1

I definitely agree with you when you say that it's either Race-Gun or military/police type Glocks out there, very seldom do you ever see anything that's as personalized as some 1911's. I guess you could CNC the slide to trim off metal, much like Chris Costa's M&P's have been made. If you've got a steady hand you might even be able to do it with a dremel, but I would not really recommend that! It does make me want to trim down my Glock's slide and stipple the frame, to make it more "high-speed." Possibly adding a small red-dot sight on the slide, but all this is just a dream, it's not going to happen...

I, too, like the threaded barrel with a thread protector, it looks very aggressive and mean! Again, I don't think that I will ever modify my Glock, unless something breaks on it I wont replace anything. Nothing has broken in the 6 or so years that I have owned it, it hasn't been used very frequently but I find that impressive nonetheless. 

Since I am a number of months shy of 21, I cannot own any handguns in the US, and since I got a Green Card not too long ago, I have not been able to save up enough to buy any real firearms. I've got enough things that I need to spend money on anyway. When my father got his American Green Card, the first thing he said was that he was going to buy himself a Glock... He got the chance to shoot it a few times in the Swedish Army and he instantly loved the gun! He still has not bought one though... restoring a few classic cars suck up all the cash!

I see triggers, floorplates, slide catches and mag releases. And of course frames and slides from the race gun foo foo to tac guy hard as nails. Maybe you just need to look a bit harder for parts.

I have 3 on the bench being built right now, all a bit different.

As for torture tests, read this one. http://theprepared.com/content/view/90/administrator/