Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

You should be able to get a TW on most sites. I know Evike has them as its the only g17 we can really get here.

I just need an hk3p g17 slide and I can get one its I'm not sure about the importation of one.

I've imported a colt lower for me we m4 a couple years ago just fine, idk if the same will be said for a slide of an HK item.

https://youtu.be/5FoUUPrXhBw?t=51s

Hmmmmm interesting, not sure if I can do this to a Guarder frame, while adding some metal rods into the holes

Absolutely. I've used ITW plastiweld and 3M (1838L if you want to go overboard) epoxies to literally build 3ft long load bearing arms for my RC projects (1/10 scale). I used scrape aluminum U and I beams for inner support and to fill up the space a bit. You can also use ball bearings or pellets from airguns for off places where you cant fit straight metal if you so wish. Just don't forget to really gauge the metal so that the epoxy can grip it hard. This is really advisable for plastic epoxies that use heat to adhere to plastic (which wont work on metal). So you create friction grooves and its rock reliable adhesion.

I highly recommend using power tools to sand it down to shape tho, like a belt sander. Sanding these 4000+ psi epoxies by hand is beyond nightmare. Then if you want baby smooth surface, use Tamiya putty to fill microholes and sand smooth with 600-800 grit. 

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm contemplating getting a whole hk3p g17 for my TW build(spare parts never hurt to have), over just the slide.

I never ordered a g series from HK before so should I have them ship the slide and lower separately because USA customs.

I'm thinking of using crw.

Edited by Alias1983

Awesome upper mate, but like Biorage said, you need to work on your lower a little more...

You need to prepare your lower a lot more before you can stipple it, sand down all the edges and dont press that hard with the soldering iron, and don't make a pattern except the outer lines.

• Like 1

Rainer's stippling looks like it'd do the job of providing more grip and traction...

Anyway, picture thread.  Stark 17 Gen 4, no idea how long it'll actually hold up, but if I want performance I have my stock TMs and looks wise you can't bear these things for the price to my mind.  Great training piece and does what I'd need as a CQB backup.

20213893288_302c50270d_b.jpg

20401911905_6d6ffb03d7_b.jpg

20213853190_6ab558010c_b.jpg

Edited by CKinnerley
  • Like 1