Glock Picture Thread

Hey guys, I'm hoping one of you can help me out here; I just open my KSC G17 that I got a while ago and I found this rocket valve inside it: (stock KWA/KSC rocket valve in black)

IMAG0310.jpg

Do any of you know what this is?

Thanks!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Yea i just found that out thanks. And after doing some more research, apparently a lot of people have had problems with this so hopefully now that I'm putting a stock valve in the gun will stop venting all the gas every time the trigger is pulled

I wanted to check out those WE G17s to compare to my TM G17 and my RS G17, so I ordered a upper and lower complete set from Evike. First thing I noticed upon receiving the package was that the upper and lower were separately bubble wrapped and that they were serial numbered ... and that the numbers didn't match. That may or may not be a bad thing. So long as they're QC'ed well, it'll be fine.

weg17.jpg

I grabbed a thread protector from one of my other guns. I actually really like the length of the outer barrel with the thread insert better than the aftermarket threaded outer barrels I've bought elsewhere in the past. This feels just the right length. I'm gonna strip the orange paint of the threaded insert and possible keep this one configured this way (I may still stipple the frame like I do with the rest of my Glocks and ATPs.

For the price ... it's decent. That said I'm not a fan at ALL of the finish. Aside from the horrible trades on slide, barrel and frame, the slide's finish feels a little gritty like it was cheaply painted. I guess I'm spoiled by my SD and AS slide finishes. The frame isn't the best either. The plastic feels a little light and cheap (like I'd be worried if it were brittle), and there was a noticeable seam line run running straight down the center of the frame which I noticed immediately in the inner circumference of the trigger guard.

The gun ran fine with TM mags but there simply wasn't enough noticeable hopUp. My G17 doesn't shoot that fast, but it does shoot FAR and accurately. The WE G17 seems to really be lacking in range.

Have a lot of you noticed that about the WE G17's? Lack of range/hopup? Any recommendations? Maybe try a different bucking like the PDI V-Hold bucking or something else?

• Like 1

@uscmCorps: WE G17s/G18Cs are reported by some Taiwan players to have "thinner" pressure plates hence the lack of hop up. You may use some tape to stick on the pressure plate to act as spacers to increase the hop up. I use some "reinforcement foil" (for Lexan RC car bodies) on my TM G17, which has a deformed ( or canted ) pressure plate.

Katotaka, thanks for that. Earlier tonight I took the hop up apart and studied the internal design. While I could have shimmed something under the plate I was concerned about keeping the pressure consistent. For now, I've bent the plate down ever so slightly and the nub protrudes more so into the chamber. I'll test that tomorrow in the morning. Failing that, I'll try as you suggest. Thanks

Very good. Im assuming the internals are identical to the gen 3s. Compared to the Maruis, my initial impressions are that the trigger is more crisp, the hammer and recoil springs are stiffer and the internals seem to be of better materials.

• Like 1

I have to refrain the urge to buy one since I want to buy a S&W M&P .45.

But since it has not been announced by TM yet...

What modifications have you done on it? Just external or have you also changed the internal?

edit: ok I have my answers. :)

Edited by Ivan le Fou

Those grips look like they have good texture. How's it compare to KSC g19 or g17 or even stock Marui?

The grip texture is more functional than the older gen Glocks. The Gen 4 also comes with 2 additional backstraps for thicker grips. The only issue is if you use the backstraps, then u cannot install the magwell and magloc thumbrest.

Internals: stock

Externals:

- Airsoft Surgeon Salient Arms G17 slide/outer

- Shooter Design Magwell

- Shooter Design +2 Mag Bottom Cap

- Magloc Duty Thumbrest

- Streamlight TLR-1

Nice. Have you considered stippling the frame like the way Salient Arms does theirs? Guess there's no need since the Gen 4 texture is so aggressive. I just installed the GunsModify Tritium sights, slide release and serial number plate on my Glocks. Absolutely love it. I highly recommend it.

Nice. Have you considered stippling the frame like the way Salient Arms does theirs? Guess there's no need since the Gen 4 texture is so aggressive. I just installed the GunsModify Tritium sights, slide release and serial number plate on my Glocks. Absolutely love it. I highly recommend it.

Will get around to it: Tritium Sights, trigger, zero hammer, threaded barrel, slide catch, recoil spring/rod on my next trip down to gun street. The serial number plate doesn't match my slide/barrel anyways, so no point for that I suppose. As for stippling, I am still thinking about it since I really do like the Gen 4 grip texture as is.

Will get around to it: Tritium Sights, trigger, zero hammer, threaded barrel, slide catch, recoil spring/rod on my next trip down to gun street. The serial number plate doesn't match my slide/barrel anyways, so no point for that I suppose. As for stippling, I am still thinking about it since I really do like the Gen 4 grip texture as is.

Hey Noveske, don't get the zero hammer. From what I've read and researched it doesn't give much of a performance difference with the Glock. It seems like the AIP steel sears set would be a much better buy. The reason why there's resistance from that small travel distance after the slide goes out of battery is the 90 degrees corner on the BBU that the Glock hammer has to ride across. I've taken a file and rounded that edge down and it was smoother already. Also that 'track' where the bearing thingy the hammer rides along have an extra 'bump' height after the 90 degree corner as I mentioned earlier. I suppose it's there to make sure the hammer's pushed all the way to the rear to hook onto the sear. However, since the bump provides too much force to push down the hammer (I guess it's too much to make SURE the hammer will catch onto the sear everytime) it'll give you more resistance when the hammer's riding on the bump part. I think filing the bump down will also smoothen the action but how much to file is really a guessing game right now. I still have exams currently but maybe I can update everybody after my exams.

My Gen3 HK3P currently have an AS nozzle, SAPH 200% recoil spring, with 3 SAPH buffers, SAPH 150% BBU spring, TK twist barrel and Modify bucking for it's internals. I plan on upgrading it with the mentioned AIP sears, 150% spring (if my IPSC friend can see whether the HK3P already has a 150% that'll be great as I don't need to get this part :D), AIP lightweight BBU, GunsModify extended slide stop and the AS G21 slide (the .45 cal one) so that the dimensions fit the trades :D

Right now my issue is the 200% spring + 3 buffers won't lock my slide back after the first few shots. I've diagnosed the problem being the magazine lips aren't touching the nozzle as I drew on the mag gasket with a marker and it doesn't imprint on the BBU after I've inserted the mag in and cycled the slide. I compared the stock BBU and the AS one and I see no height differences so I'm sure even in stock config the gasket isn't sealing with the nozzle. I'm not entirely sure whether the Shooters Design improved one will work or will it still require mag shims from Lee's but the gun doesn't have a 100% perfect air seal from what I can tell.

If possible Noveske can you check with the stock config too? I've also asked someone here about the SD's gasket height but he didnt reply. If possible can someone with the SD gasket please reply me what the height of the gasket is? I'm not sure whether it's taller than the HK3P stock one, since if it's not there's no reason to spend the cash on the SD aftermarket part.

Edited by intinerious

I've been curious about the zero hammer. Haven't really heard from anyone if it's any better.

The serial plate number was for me less about the numbers matching ... It was more a matter of necessity. There's been a few times now when I've had to pull the Glock only to find the trigger locked in place by the "safety". Ive got a real gun that has no such safety and have never needed such a "feature" and I'm not going to start now.

The Tritium sights ... I can't imagine going back to the old sights now. Definitely worth it. I've got it in all three of my TM Glock 17's

The enhanced slide release is one thing I'm still undecided if I like. I have it on all my Glocks and ATPs. It certainly makes releasing the slide easy, but i have a super high ta g grip and there have been a couple times in which I have prematurely locked the slide back from my support hand pressing high up on the frame.

If I had the Gen 4 I may well leave the frame unstippled as is. It's a really beautiful frame with a nice and aggressive grip texture. Maybe stipple the forward frame flats. Also depends on if you like the finger grooves.

I've been curious about the zero hammer. Haven't really heard from anyone if it's any better.

The serial plate number was for me less about the numbers matching ... It was more a matter of necessity. There's been a few times now when I've had to pull the Glock only to find the trigger locked in place by the "safety". Ive got a real gun that has no such safety and have never needed such a "feature" and I'm not going to start now.

The Tritium sights ... I can't imagine going back to the old sights now. Definitely worth it. I've got it in all three of my TM Glock 17's

The enhanced slide release is one thing I'm still undecided if I like. I have it on all my Glocks and ATPs. It certainly makes releasing the slide easy, but i have a super high ta g grip and there have been a couple times in which I have prematurely locked the slide back from my support hand pressing high up on the frame.

If I had the Gen 4 I may well leave the frame unstippled as is. It's a really beautiful frame with a nice and aggressive grip texture. Maybe stipple the forward frame flats. Also depends on if you like the finger grooves.

For the grip I didn't really find it particularly grippy. Then again I didn't have a Gen3 and 4 next to me for comparison when I was holding the Gen4. There's a thread on ASC where Illusion comments that some of his gunsmith buddies in HK say it's not a complete drop in fit and requires a 'break-in' period. He said that his friends opt to file the hammer down to make it work instead of making it break in as it's not nice to have an aftermarket part ruining your other parts in order to get it to work and that for the price of the GunsMod hammer he expected it to have been a drop in fit.

One of the IPSC guys I spoke to who runs Wargame Outlet and from what I can tell is a notable IPSC player in HK said that he's got some customers and friends feedback about the hammer and there's not a lot of noticeable improvements to make it worth the money. I rather get the AIP set as it's roughly 2.5x more than the GunsMod hammer but you get a complete steel sear and hammer assembly compared to just the GunsMod hammer. With the DIY mods for the BUU I mentioned above and the fact that the hammer that AIP makes uses a ball bearing design I think it would make the slide transition smoother than just using the GunsMod part. But I'm just guessing here :P

For the slide release does it seems like an issue for me too then. I run a very high grip on the gun as well....speaking of aftermarket Glock parts, do you have any idea whether Vicker's mag catch, slide release and the mag bases work on the TM Glocks? I know for the mag bases you'll need to cut out the retaining grooves yourself if it fits but I just want to know whether the base can be even fitted to the bottom of the Glock mag. I understand that the Vickers mag bases don't fit .45 ACP Glocks and since the TM Glock is .45 ACP dimensions are the mags .45 ACP dimensions as well? I can't tell as I can't get access to real Glocks ><;

I hope AIP makes a hammer and sear set for the KSC.

The KSC Glock's been out for ages and nobody's making reinforced parts for them, I doubt any company's gonna make them in the future. Which is funny btw, for the G18C at least. I haven't heard sears failing on the semi-autos but the G18C (and I suppose the 23F) sears wear easily due to it's operation. I would've betted on some reinforced parts when the FPG came out (as it generates sales for the KSC G18C therefore there would be more future demand for reinforced parts when the G18C internals inevitably wear down quickly) but so far no one's making them in my knowledge.