Glock Picture Thread

Hey RacingManiac,

It certainly looks the part in the photos, very nice :)

Do you know if the Guarder steel-slide has the same coating on it as their Glock 17 steel-slide ?

I might put the sandpaper to it aswell ;)

Cheers.

It looks very similar, but I haven't seen the original finish on my 17 for a while now...

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

I just got around to assembling my g17. Its a marui with the detonator g17 slide kit. Im still waitomg on other parts for it which includes an aip hammer spring, gunsmodify adjustable trigger, gunsmodify zero hammer v2, gunsmodify tritium sight for the tm g17.

With regard to the detonator kit...its hands down the best metal slide ive gotten to work on...the side to side slop on the slide is virtually non existent...its almost not there. I mean maybe theres a .2mm's worth of play. Shake the pistol and it almost does not rattle. Its just that good.

Ill have to take pics when I put the rest of the pieces.

Theres things i dont like about it as im super picky...but fitting wise...all i have to say is WOW!

Ugh that Prime slide is nice.

Picked up a WE Glock 19, realized that the markings would be perfect if the LOCK was added inside the G- can't justify spending hundreds on this one as well, being a holdout, so there's some minimal hopup and barrel change. Lining it up with my Detonator slide on my Glock 17, it seems like this wouldn't be much hassle. Any idea how to go about doing this?

Edited by PreacherMan

Slide might work, outer barrel would not.

The KJW is based on the tm g26 so hop up and barrel lugs are different dimensions from a TM G17 (tm g17 and tm g26 have different hop up units and different dimensions for the outer barrel . I THINK (not sure) the WE g19 is based on the marui g17 so it uses the g17 barrel lugs and hop up unit.

I think this is actually slightly inaccurate and the dimensions of where the pins are on the WE g19 is off from RS. RS glock 26/19 and glock 17 also have different barrel lugs.

RM, your g19 has motivated me to do some stippling. I think I'll also do a small grip reduction too as the g19 bulge is a bit more intrusive on my grip than the g17.

Edited by skyrider1

Awh. If you had an outer barrel I may take you up on that.. the fitment and everything on this Glock is perfect, but if the price is right, why not?

Stippling next also!

I also have a spare WE G17 barrel that fits perfectly, was thinking of using that and having some cosmetic threads added to the front

Edited by PreacherMan

I do have the matching outer barrel, but as Skyrider noted I don't know if it'll be compatible...

EDIT:

Just took at look at the TM G17 and the KJ G19, They have different hop up chamber design as noted and will not work with each other...I don't know what the WE one looks like though...although if I were them I'd definitely copy the later G17 design..

Edited by RacingManiac

Double post but, I got better photos outside, with a real camera.

DSCN0410.jpg

Stippled it a little less crazy then I did my old ATP. Stippling near the top of the frame was done by previous owner who happened to be a lefty. Kinda want a thread protector and my friend made his own by just cutting the threaded part off of a G&P CW to CWW adapter but the lack of texture on it is kinda meh.

If you get really desperate, you could buy an MP5 Steel Flashhider. Some of them (like the one from King Arms) come with a 14mm CCW thread protector.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-steel-flash-hider-for-mp5-a4-a5.html

Not the cheapest option, but it'll work. I pulled the one I had on an MP5, trimmed it down a bit and installed it on one of my Glocks.

So I'm finalizing the details (and the pay checks!) for my Marui based Glock 34 build, and my last question is if a Marui Glock will fit a Marui 1911 spec'd barrel.

I can't quite tell from the pictures, and I'd like to use a longer TK twist barrel than the standard G17 one if possible.

Alright, that's what I've heard from others but I figured I'd check anyways. While I'm here, do you happen to know if Guarder slides use Marui or KSC rear sights? I'm looking at this kit: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-g34-standard-6061-al-cnc-slide-steel-barrel-kit-for-marui-g17.html and while I'll be using the rear sight for sure, I'd like to consider using one of the rear sight micro red dot adapters.

Got the GunsModify Tritium Night Sights. They are super nice. Very bright in low light conditions.

I had a chance last night to test out the Detonator Steel Trijicon Type glock sights. They normally go for $60-70. I flashed it with my phones LED flash for about a minute then proceeded to watch a movie with the lights dimmed. Ended up turning the lights out after a few...The glow lasted 1 hour 30 minutes. The green dots washed out some but was still usable if you have good eye sight. Pretty impressive IMO.

On a side note...the Detonator Night Sights are now on my other glock. The Detonator Hybrid Metal Slide Kit I had kept jamming so I chucked it. I have installed the stock slide temporarily on my second glock (where the hybrid slide was going to be). I have since installed an FMA lower frame to go with the stock slide, detonator night sights, gunsmodify adjustable trigger, aip hammer spring and my home made dual stage recoil guide rod.

For now, this is what it looks like

20121017_110822-1.jpg

I will post up pics of the dual stage recoil spring guide rod with skme details later on.

• Like 1

I really, really, REALLY hope you game that with your Multicam. That is an absolutely manly gun.

Really quite curious what your dual stage spring guide looks like... is it similar to that short stroke one I see about?

Here's the Glock 19. Took it to get the Glock logo engraved, and they absolutely botched it. Shame.. other than that, a Nine Ball hop up and bending the hop up arms has this thing shooting as far as my $800 Detonator build. Just needs a trigger and probably a lightened BBU, perhaps a 6.01.

When and if HK3 puts out a metal slide, I'll be picking that up posthaste.

10304_3572407563270_713403755_n.jpg

20121017_173736.jpg

Impact point on the plastic slide...

20121017_173645.jpg

Dual stage recoil guide rod. Detonator recoil guide rod with a guarder 150% recoil spring, spacer, with the second spring being the hammer spring off of Marui M9.

Racking the slide hard, the recoil guide rod assembly effectively cushions the impact on the slide (from the metal rail frame). The first photo shows wear from when the pistol was test fired before the custom mod on the recoil guide rod assembly and after. I bought the g17 new from hong kong. Fired approximately 500 rounds through the pistol using propane....

Its pretty much the same concept used on the firefly recoil guide rod...

• Like 1