want to make: usmc MARSOC or MEUSOC

masakarijoe

ok, thanks for the info. basically, i was considering making the old meusoc again from a tm, but instead want to make a marsoc. so, right now i just want to make a marsoc.

as of right now, i am working with another member whos making it for me. so far, it looks like:

tm m1911

kimber marsoc kit (railed)

kimber hammer

kimber trigger

kimber beavertail

kimber mainspring housing with lanyard loop

real gunner grips

recoil spring (remember, i want 300-330 fps, but ALOT of recoil)

i think thats it... and left stock will be:

kimber ambi safety

kimber slide release

but i think i may want to upgrade those as well... geez, this is going to be a fortune :D

when this is done, it will be able to still fit in a serpa... right? they will fit a m1911 wit a rail?

-Joe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the Blackhawk Serpas are supposed to take 1911s with half rail, as you can see here:

P1020498.jpg

Can you give a hint, what kind of MARSOC metal kit for Marui 1911 it is that offers rail? Not the Nova?

Nova kit [no rail in sight :( ]

shingun2002-img600x450-1195191937au.jpg

If you get a Marui metal kit with Dawson rail that would be really great for you. Pics, pics,pics … ;)

Actually there is a Nova Kimber kit with a rail. Out of stock though.

(Picture Nova Warrior kit)

Well, mate, that's no big news ;) Of course this kit can be used: it is the Kimber Warrior kit, because the Kimber Warrior is nothing but the civilian version of the Kimber MCSOCOM ICQB. Just with a standard rail, different grips (that aren't included in a metal kit anyway) and little differences with the Markings. It carries a WARRIOR marking instread of the U.S. Marine-Property one.

The ICQB/Marsoc has standard shaped 1911 frame with this smaller milspec rail attached with screws:

marsoc_slide_frame_3.jpg

The Warrior has a railed frame with diagonal TLE cut, as you see on the picture above.

Otherwise they're quite similar … but the Warrior is no ICQB/Marsoc ;) … but the closest choice, if you want TM 1911 base, metal, Kimber marking and rail.

@ masakarijoe: what brand produces MT railed metal kit? Do you mind to tell us? Would be interested. Hope, the project goes on properly, so we can expect results soon :D :D

wow, i just learned!

the kit i was talking about was the warrior kit, i never knew that the rail was so different. also, by diagonal tle cut do you mean the edge on the front of the slide?

nonetheless, i think thats the kit i want. i dont want to have to drill and attach a rail...

-Joe

Yes, TLE cut is just the diagonal cut end of the frame … as far as I know some specialty by Kimber used with the TLE Custom II (known as the handgun of LAPD SWAT) and Warrior.

With the Western Arms Marsoc metal kit, the Dawson Rail is already applied – the frame has specific molding to take the dawson rail properly as you see on this product picture (I guess it's a PGC kit for Western Arms) … would be a hassle to fit an original Dawson rail to the plane frame I guess:

pgc-metalset-marsoc_big.jpg

On this product picture you also can recognice the differences with the markings:

The Marsoc is the direct copy of the military Kimber MCSOCOM ICQB and says „U.S. Military Property USMC“ and nothing on this slideside.

The Warrior is the copy of the the Warrior ;) which is pretty much a civilian vercion of the ICQB, only missing the Military-property-marking and having a TLE rail instead of the more narrow and milspec defined Dawson one.

Anything else should be identical. So if you're comfortable with the standard sized TLE rail and you don't miss the military thing on the frame, definitely go for the Warrior kit. Closest you can get with the benefit of a standard rail taking M3 lights and other common tac light stuff. ;)

I think the grips will have the most effect on making it SOCOM model (Gunners/stryder grips, Pachmayrs, maybe Micarta VZ or similar) or a popular one (Warrior G10 grips :) )

So good luck, good work and hopefully a lot of fun with the final full metal hard kicking product.

• 1 month later...

Im thinking of making MEU(SOC) pistol replica using TM 1911A1.

and I have few questions to you who maybe know better?

I was thinking trying to replicate the so called late model pistol maybe?

Here's the list of parts I have found from retailers (these parts are on stock at the moment and i know there could be cheaper alternatives).

I have seen some pics of the real MEU(SOC) pistol and these parts seemed pretty accurate.

Nova springfield metal kit: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...005BK_srch_nova

Nova 1911 safety: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...E02SB_srch_nova

Nova grip safety: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24087

Nova 1911 slide stop: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24093

I also need real Pachmayr grips but what model would be accurate?

also will need trigger and hammer but what and where to get? can somebody help on this?

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pachmayr-Rubber-Grip-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

those are the grips you want, if you are making a meusoc... if you are making a marsoc, youll need gunner grips. as far as the trigger and hammer, search unco and wgc. they have them somewhere.

im considering turning a WE M1911 tactical into a marsoc... all ill need is gunner grips and a silver trigger.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=018

where can i get the trigger?

any help yould be great, thanks!

-Joe

I'd imagine even if TM were to make a MARSOC or a MEUSOC if you want to make a full metal one you'll have to endup getting body kit and stuff...which will in the end costs around the same price as a 1911 based MARSOC/MEUSOC, what you do save will be the controls....if you choose to use the stock ones. Controls are I think the only stumbling block between a 1911 based gun and a MARSOC/MEUSOC based gun, as not many retailers and companies makes beavertail set...TK is the only ones I know and they are out of stock at WGC which is the only place I know that sells it.

Anybody knows where can I get gunners grips for kimber marsoc ?? I want to make marsoc and just get mail from wgc that TK controls are in stock again. Now i'm going to need grips, magazine bumpers (wilosn combat from midway usa), and dawson rail. I think that grips and rail will be most difficult to get, especially in Europe :/ Any ideas ??

Anybody knows where can I get gunners grips for kimber marsoc ?? I want to make marsoc and just get mail from wgc that TK controls are in stock again. Now i'm going to need grips, magazine bumpers (wilosn combat from midway usa), and dawson rail. I think that grips and rail will be most difficult to get, especially in Europe :/ Any ideas ??

Just FYI: Not all MARSOC/MEUSOC .45's are the same. There are quite a few out there without rails, and the majority of the ones I have seen have Pachmayr rubber grips on them (and not the more popular Gunner grips)

Marsoc and what we refer here as MEU or MEUSOC are for themselves different already. Marsoc is the current Kimber based issue model, the MEUs are out there in many different versions, as I learned. I know, some of them are based on Springfield Armory frame and slide with lots of custom parts. The MEUs I've mostly seen with the Surefire 310R or 610R, direclty installed to the frame without rail. The new Marsoc offers the Dawson rail optionally (you can unmount it I guess from the pictures).

Building one you can go for the version details, Western Arms copies in their models, for the rare pictures of the MEUs out there in the internet or from your own custom style … as you personally suppose a MEU service pistol to be. This here so far is mainly about WA offered models and the metal kit possibilities given by the new Nova kits vor TM.

try order direct from simonich knives?

http://www.simonichknives.com/gunner.htm

there's also a ebay seller that sells recast copies of the kimber style gunner grips, the seller is "rare-n-unique"

My idea is to built kimber mcsocom/det1 pistol. It's the one with dawson rail. So far I'm waiting for parcel from wgc with marui 1911, nova kit, tanio koba controls and same other stuff. What's missing to built proper model is: gunners grips, dawson rail and wilson combat magazine base pads. I need to ask in US shops if they ship parts such as grips and rail to europe. In the future I want to buy surefire x300 as it has adapter to use with dawson rail. Anybody want to sell dawson rail from WA models that comes with standard 22mm rail adapter ?

try order direct from simonich knives?

http://www.simonichknives.com/gunner.htm

there's also a ebay seller that sells recast copies of the kimber style gunner grips, the seller is "rare-n-unique"

I have emailed them a few times about shipping to the UK but they never replied.

I would love to pick up a set of Gunners too.

Any help gratefully received :D Perhaps a friendly American member may want to help???

Archived