want to make: usmc MARSOC or MEUSOC

masakarijoe

My goal here is to make a MARSOC, MEUSOC, or similar pistol from a Tokyo Marui M1911, but i will accept other brands. I want it to be full metal, run on green gas, and be very rugged. I sold my WA MEUSOC seconds ago because it simply wasnt rugged enough; i was always scared of breaking it (though i never did)

i want something that i KNOW i can beat up. TM sounds like the one. but i was also looking into WE, or maybe another WA.

A good start would be:

TM M1911 with full springfield or Kimber metal kit

WA MARSOC with a full metal kit

any details, places to buy, etc would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Semper Fi

-Joe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM 1911 + http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23941

I think the gets you most of the way there.....Nova also makes ones with rail as well...

Then get yourself a Pachmayr Signiture grip....

I wish we can just do that in Canada, can't order guns or metal body kit without jumping through hoops...and pay up to your *albartroth* for them....sigh

thats so perfect!

but i wouldnt even need to use my grip, as that one comes with the CB checkered grip

is that all that i would need? tm m1911a1 and that kit?

-Joe

EDIT: wait, that one DOESNT come with a rail? does anyone have pics of it? if im making a marsoc, it needs to have a rail, as the real one does... does it come with the marsoc trigger?

sorry to be helpless, but where do i get those?

i am not very familiar with making pistols, sorry

if you could link me to what you are talking about, all the parts id need to make this:

http://forum.m1911.org/images/airsoft/marsoc/Pict1730.jpg

http://forum.m1911.org/images/airsoft/marsoc/Pict1737.jpg

thanks!

-Joe

The kit with rail: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23854

Note that this is not exactly the rail you have shown, this is more along the line of the TLE somethingrather Kimber rail...

The TK trigger is here:

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/den_search.j...g=10&rpp=10

controls:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...GMHSS_srch_koba

plus you want to get all the springs upgraded to handle metal parts...

and most of those are out of stock at the moment....as they tend to be quite popular for people who want to make MARSOC....

pachmayr grips for meusoc can be found on ebay and various retailers, marsoc gunner grips can be found at Simonich Knives and other retailers online......proud makes copies of it too I think

No, you will only get frame, slide and related parts. Even no controls or beaver tail. All extra for purchuase.

Don't take Warrior grips if you want to go for SOCOM pistol (1911 MEU or Kimber ICQB) because Warrior is the version of the ICQB for the civilian market.

Go for Pachmayrs or Gunners. If you're on budget look for PROUD copies. They're ok for what they are … but the real ones are better of course … and more expensive :(

SW_MARSOC.jpg

Here you see the copies of the Gunner grips by PROUD, available in this orange tan (definitely more orange but I like it a lot), OD and Black. They are ok, but a bit light if you mount it on a stock 1911, because you loose the hidden metal by replading the factory grips. Material is kind of a good plastic, no Micarta, G10 or something you would expect from real steel grips. So if you have the money go for the real deal. But if you consider the PROUD ones give them a try if the price is good.

I put my look away from the grip issue to your initial question or better to say full metal project.

Why didn't you keep your WA and upgrade it with a metal kit. You would have gotten everything with your stock WA, the controls, beaver tail, spring housing, bushing (if it wasn't applied with the metal kit) … maybe some improved valve and apropriate spring set. I guess this would have cost you the same as building a new one out of a stock TM 1911, metal kits and the extra parts (as you have to replace A1 spring housing to a flat one and put beaver tail, hammer and ambidextrous thumb savety controls on) if you want to go authentic.

Big advantage of Marui is the very huge amount of aftermarket parts.

Well, I don't know any other brand producing modern style 1911 models you find metal Springfield Custom/MEU kits or Kimber kits for. Marushin offers Springfield, though they are not exactly the prototype of a reliable skirmishing backup. And there are almost no parts to do your job …

WE will miss the markings and lack the parts to make it look a Springfield MEU or Kimber ICQB. Sights are to low profile (but maybe Marui Novak ones for Hicapa will fit). As it seems to be a copy of a Marui 1911 (except of the magazins as I learned) it could be a budget variant. But be aware, this is pot metal (I don't know if it is the right word) … not CNC made from one piece. Under specific circumstances that involve temperature of course this „metal slide“ can break easier than a good ABS slide. I have seen two broken! But that doesn't mean WE is bad brand … WA slides did break too, so did ABS Marui slides.

But to be really long living you should consider the more expensive metal or aluminum kits, if you can afford it. Look around asian retailers. In most cases their precustomized models come cheaper than buying all the components and putting it together yourself.

That's my point of view on the thing … but only my subjective one. There can be other perspectives, too.

FYI, the WE is from what I've heard, a Hi-Capa 5.1 internal design in a 1911-style frame.....so its not exactly a TM copy....the KJW 1911 Ver 2.0 is apparently a clone of the TM but in metal.....initial run were made with the GI engraving, later ones are blank...I've secured a engraving place that I am going to get mine(when it gets here...lol) engraved with Springfield style 1911A1 marking....

Sights wise though I've heard KJW's sights are cast into the slide, which sucks for me unless I go with an aftermarket ones(only ones sell as slides only I've seen is Creation, and thats with GI 1911 marking, which I am not a fan of).

let me explain myself here:

DSC04862.jpg

that is the m1911 i just sold, a full metal WA meu late

the reason for this thread is that i want to make a MARSOC ICQB from a marui, because i want a weapon that focuses on skirmishing, not just for show. while my wa was a great shooter, it was in my opinion not built for punishment

i know that wa makes great stuff, yadda yadda, but i want to make a marsoc from a tm so that i can crawl in the mud, dive into a fighting hole, etc and not worrying if ill have to repair my pistol.

thats my reasoning ;)

-Joe

I dont know how to color match the frame/slide, but you can get the 5.1 slide to work on the TM 1911a1.

The other issue with that though will be the extra tanio-koba part you may need to buy, and that it is hard as heck to get a novak style rear sight for the 5.1 slide.

Then hunt for the T-K trigger and controls to compliment.

Can you do a commanderesque version and use the 4.3 slide with the novak style sights? :P

You would probably have to make your own magazine bumpers, though.

My goal here is to make a MARSOC, MEUSOC, or similar pistol from a Tokyo Marui M1911…

It seems to be a misunderstanding with your initial post. Marsoc for me is the Kimber MCSOCOM ICQB. And with „MEUSOC“ I guessed you mean the former Springfield Custom 1911 MEU.

So it's all about the Kimber ICQB you want to go for? Well, hard. Nova is the only metal Kimber Marsoc/ICQB kit for Marui I know at the moment. And it comes without Dawson rail.

If you can live with not having Kimber markings, it should be some options concerning a Hicapa 5.1 slide. It only needs a spare part for $8 by TK to make a Hicapa slide run properly on a Marui 1911 frame. And there are at least slides produced by PGC (Prime or Shooters maybe too) that take Novak sights instead of the Bomar one from the stock Hicapa.

To get the right front sight could be a bit of a hassle.

Guarder kits are only about Springfield, right?

Or try to get for a TM 1911 and a Warrior Nova kit. The rail is already applied to this kit and takes standard lights like the M3 and budget clones by King Arms or Guarder.

Only difference is rail and the small markings on the frame, as you have to buy the grips seperately anyway.

Nice (former) 1911 MEU by the way. Finaly a version that definitely shows the Springfield markings (I have seen some without and was wondering) ;)

Can you maybe make some short priority checklist with characteristics your MARSOC must have?

Markings, TM based, rail, price tag and so on … maybe this would help to make the suggestions more precise.

Archived