SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

That is really freakin nice USMC. Although it would look better with a longer barrel. Thats the new FDE version right?

Didn't like the longer barrel. This length is IMHO the perfect balance for me. It's about the same length as a M4.

As for the color, I'm not sure how "new" it is so much as being more limited. They didn't do many of them.

That 556 is perfect, I want one, unfortunetly GWS are all sold out of the FDE ones.

You could always ask. They custom painted mine for me. There's no harm in asking. Even though they color matched the FDE to Magpul's FDE, there's no reason why you can't just grab some Krylon or Brownell's Alumahyde II Coyote and paint it yourself. GWS did a very thin coat of it in order to encourage wear on the paint to make it look more realistic and quicker. Perhaps I should ask Souske if he'd distress it for me. ;)

Isn't that compensator for a 7.62 caliber rifle? Sorry to be picky, it is a gorgeous gun.

Good catch! The real steel version is actually a .308 Compensator, but to be honest, I don't mind... I just like the way it looks. ;) It's one of the few situations that I don't have to be such a purist about it. While I was at GWS, I had a length talk with the owner about the way this custom rifle was going to look. They had already made one which I was salivating over in the store, and he was saying how he had tried the shorter DNTC 556 FH, but it just didn't look right. They they tried the Madbull Novekse Fire Pig FH, but that wasn't right either. And the same with a regular M4 bird cage FH. They felt they found the perfect balance when they tried this particular FH, and I whole heartedly agreed with them.

I'll take a couple pics of me with this rifle this weekend to give you an idea of it's size.

Hi there,

A lot of guys here seem to have the Sig 226 unrailed full metal kit, so I thought one of you might be able to help me with this little problem. I just got the Sig 226 Navy (unrailed) and I notice the slide seems to be about 2mm further than it should be, I know it's quite minute but it gives it a very sharp rough appearance at the back where the hammer is. Is this common with the (Navy) kits, or can it still be adjusted to bring the slide on par with the lower body. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.

Squad 701

post-48279-1205158954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Squad 701
It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about, have a look at older Sig slides just for some reference.

Hi HellsAngel,

I was wondering as most of the newer design with extractor like in post 124, are fairly level at back with none of the rail showing. Its actually worsre than it looks in the picture as the revealed slide really gleams as theres no colour on it.

But having said all that this Sig 226 Navy is a beautiful piece, and if you can tell how to move the slide back 2mm,

I'd be grateful :-)

Squad 701

Hi HellsAngel,

I was wondering as most of the newer design with extractor like in post 124, are fairly level at back with none of the rail showing. Its actually worsre than it looks in the picture as the revealed slide really gleams as theres no colour on it.

But having said all that this Sig 226 Navy is a beautiful piece, and if you can tell how to move the slide back 2mm,

I'd be grateful :-)

Squad 701

That's actually an accurate representation of an old style SIG frame (non-railed) and a new style SIG slide (Milled Steel and External Extractor). If you fit an older style slide on that frame it will be flush, but the newer slide is just a bit shorter like that. This is because the older slide was rounder in the back as opposed to the newer one. The real gun is like that. Older frame, newer slide. That's how many Navy pistols were manufactered. My real SIG has that same 'step' by the hammer...

That's actually an accurate representation of an old style SIG frame (non-railed) and a new style SIG slide (Milled Steel and External Extractor). If you fit an older style slide on that frame it will be flush, but the newer slide is just a bit shorter like that. This is because the older slide was rounder in the back as opposed to the newer one. The real gun is like that. Older frame, newer slide. That's how many Navy pistols were manufactered. My real SIG has that same 'step' by the hammer...

Hi Evan,

Sorry for the slow response, thanks for the sharing your knowledge, that would explain everything.

I knew there had to be a simple explanation.

Best wishes.

Squad 701

I have to agree, much much better hkssr20det. It really lets the guns unique points, like the beavertail, show through.

I do have to agree with BigAl that your wood grips would look great as well but I understand that they would be really really hard to fit.

I really like how the gun turned out.