SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Well, to be fair, the KJW isn't that bad after all. Reading on the rumors with the KJ Beretta and USP models being ###### I thought the P229 wouldn't be that thrilling, too. Ok, it's not up to Marui or KSC, you shure realize there's a difference. But for the reasonable price and full metal out of the box plus a nice kick, it's great value for the money. If one uses this compact and handy SIG as supposed (backup on close range) and doesn't expect AIPSC precission, then the KJW P229 is a nice pick. Though mags are supposed to be a problem … but mine still work.

I have a licensed version, but not engraved, more flattly lasered or printed on in white. But it's ok for what it is when the option is to blow $1000 for a PRIME kit ;) Though I'd love to have a unrailed version just like PRIME did. :(

Here my KJ P229

gallery_35110_1533_68032.jpg

gallery_35110_1533_40079.jpg

Edited by SamJacksonFan

The other nice thing about the KJW P229 is that you can replace almost all the guts with TM internals if you want. I had a P229 a while ago where I basically did that and it turned out quite nicely (especially considering that I bought the gun for $20). More about it in my sig.

Where did you get your licensed trade version from? I've only seen them being sold through SIGARMS for an arm and a leg.

Romulus: You're right. The trademarks don't come cheap. I can only tell for the European market. Cybergun holds the SIG rights for Europe and they provide the licensed version through their contract retailers in each country. Marked version is charged around 160 Euros, as a little value bonus it comes in the original SIG gun case. If you imagine the price for the unmarked KJ P229 … yeah … an arm and a leg. :P

Romulus: You're right. The trademarks don't come cheap. I can only tell for the European market. Cybergun holds the SIG rights for Europe and they provide the licensed version through their contract retailers in each country.

Cybergun... *shudders*

That corporation needs to just eat sh*t and die.

Well, you're right. Cybergun is all about the money. They try to make as much money as they can from their licenses and don't care about the airsoft community at all. So around here, I had only two choices: Buying the expensive licensed version from Cybergun or don't having a P229 at all … because the unmarked KJ is hard to find around here and importing is almost an impossible task for us.

Anyway, everybody who wants it can get the uncyberunized KJ version without marks. ;)

Edited by SamJacksonFan
Well, you're right. Cybergun is all about the money. They try to make as much money as they can from their licenses and don't care about the airsoft community at all. So around here, I had only two choices: Buying the expensive licensed version from Cybergun or don't having a P229 at all … because the unmarked KJ is hard to find around here and importing is almost an impossible task for us.

Anyway, everybody who wants it can get the uncyberunized KJ version without marks. ;)

Meh, 229s aren't exactly military pistols, anyways. I'd rather have a P226 in my hands in combat.

Never claimed ;) And you're right. This is a typical Law Enforcement pistol, compact carry, multi caliber. But also the SAS uses it (more with VIP protection assignments than in combat but they do) and quite alot of the major federal departments in the US.

The P229 was designed to replace the 9mm only P228. And when you compare it, the P229 doesn't give much to the P226 in dimensions. I have a comparison picture by chance:

gallery_35110_1533_27894.jpg

Well, I have both, the P226 and the P229 … so no conflict there :P

Edited by SamJacksonFan