SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

New pics of my tm p226 winter special .Weathered the body .Short stroked the slide ,and added an extra notch so it locks back too. It can also be changed back as needed by taking off the short spring and blocker on the spring guide, and switching to the original spring. Fitted with a pdi winter piston head ,6.01 tb barrel ,9ball hop ,and 9ball routers.

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the sights are from nitesiters.com, and IMO they cant be beat for the price...$11USD a pack, and they glow quite bright too, damn worth it, i think there is a review somewhere on this forum about them.

-brendan

$11 :D really I'm so buying them. not to be a copy cat but I could only find trijicon ones on ebay for $90

I don't need to worry about rs sights compatibility with airsoft because they just apply on thats awesome.

now I only need to find all the upgrades for my p226 which is going to be a silver guarder 2010 mbk with these sights in lowlight should make some nice pics.

I really need any help or tips on fitting the tm parts into the guarder mbk.

Edited by Xander Bolanos

i wouldnt really call it copying, most of us base our guns off RS/other shooter's stuff anyways......although these dont glow as long as trijicons sights, after a minutes charge they will glow for a few hours. the best part about them is not only they are cheap and bright, but instead they come with 8 nitesite dots, enough for 2 pistols with spare dots.

and because this is a pic thread:

(yes.....i did have some issues getting the orange paint off)

guns017.jpg

-brendan

Edited by TeowneD

I'm bidding on some Hogue extreme aluminum grips with flames like the ones on the really nice sig in here only black insted of the silver, how hard are these to mod to fit a tm/guarder build? I wish I had a gun tech nearby but I live in Iowa so I'm not holding my breath.

I will stop bothering everyone with my noobish questions but just 1 more :flamed:

Can someone please help me locate a gun tech or knowledgeable tinker in the United States that can install and get my sig going in a guarder mbk with rs grips. I know california has alot of techs but I have no idea how to locate a tech. Traders Airsoft has some good one not to overlook the gun Clerics here :waggle:

but I need to find one in the USA and traders airsoft for some reason will not approve my registration :angry:

Edited by Xander Bolanos

I've been remiss on my posting on here :wide-eyed:

Heres my contribution still in the works.

Tm Sig P226

VFC Threaded Outer Barrel

SD531664.jpg

SD531659.jpg

SD531655.jpg

SD531652.jpg

OH NOOOOOOOOSSSSSS..................................

UPGRADE

SD531661.jpg

SD531660.jpg

debating whether or not to switch to a silver kit ????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i need some advice from those in the know. Im looking to build a non railed sig now and im looking at either the guarder 2010 full rail kit or the PGC one. Can anyone recommend to me which is the better option of the two. Ive had guarder before and they have needed a lot of playing around with like sanding down and dremeling ect and even then it didnt work correctly. Does anyone have the 2010 kit, has it improved? And do the PGC require the same amount of modding? I know they both need a little bit of modification to the bbu or the take down lever but i guess im trying to find out which one requires the less effort to put together as i dont get the time i used to to spend on airsoft any more. Also while im at it, which one looks more real, markings, colour ect.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys i need some advice from those in the know. Im looking to build a non railed sig now and im looking at either the guarder 2010 full rail kit or the PGC one. Can anyone recommend to me which is the better option of the two. Ive had guarder before and they have needed a lot of playing around with like sanding down and dremeling ect and even then it didnt work correctly. Does anyone have the 2010 kit, has it improved? And do the PGC require the same amount of modding? I know they both need a little bit of modification to the bbu or the take down lever but i guess im trying to find out which one requires the less effort to put together as i dont get the time i used to to spend on airsoft any more. Also while im at it, which one looks more real, markings, colour ect.

Thanks in advance.

I can't comment about Guarder as I never owned one, for the very same reasons you have. I did once own a Creation, PRIME, and PGC/Pro-Win. I like the Pro-Win the best among those three (I sold my Creation and PRIME kits). I'm far from a real Sig expert, but the PGC/Pro-Win kit for the Marui P226 looks nearly identical to my West German 226. My Sig P226 is stamped steel (it was purchased in 1992 and is not stainless, possibly manufactured earlier) and has matching serials on the slide and frame, with matching West German proof marks under the slide and the frame next to the serial.

Some of the differences in markings between the two: they are both marked "Made in Germany", but the PGC/Pro-Win has no proof marks. It doesn't have the extractor on the slide, but my real Sig doesn't either. It also has fake roll pins which are much nicer than the Creation or PRIME. They are not machined into the slide, rather uses a "plug" to replicate the roll pin. My real Sig has no "Exeter" markings, while the PGC/Pro-Win does on the frame. The markings by PGC are actually done nicer than my real Sig. The color is way off as my real Sig is stamped steel and nearly 18 years old. I think the PGC/Pro-Win is CNC'd from one piece aluminum (or some other cheap airsoft metal)?

As you mentioned, the only modification required is on the take-down lever and filed down the rear of the blow back unit (used a file...didn't take off a lot of material there, but smoothed it out). An alternative is disabling the trigger safety (my real Sig has no such safety)...if you disable it, the take down lever can be installed with no changes (you can even use a real one to replicate the old P226's). I disabled the trigger safety after using a Surefire take-down lever.

Also keep in mind that I have a number of internal after-market parts. I upgraded the internals after some suggestions from Romulus, Amateur Stuntman, and Sale (not sure if any of them still post here, but they know a LOT about the Marui P226) and it's fast, accurate, and reliable. It did have a break-in period longer than my Creation or PRIME, possibly the result of the upgraded internals. I have not heard of anyone have significant issues using stock Marui internals in their PGC/Pro-Win kits.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for that, thats very helpful. Im going to try and find a PGC/pro-win navy kit instock somewhere. Typical of me to miss the boat on the reruns for that kit again. I managed to get hold of a surefire p114 and im eyeing up a safariland for the pair on ebay for a seal sidearm. I guess it wouldnt be fun if i didnt have to hunt for all the part accross globe :D

I remember talking to Romulus and stunt about my guarder kit and getting advice. I just took it off and binned it then chalked it up to experience in the end lol. I mean the guarder kit looked ok, the paint came off very easily though, but it just didnt fit right. It was like it was made to the wrong diementions im sure! Has anyone got any experience of the 2010 kits as they are in stock in the UK and i could short cut if i cant track a pgc/pro-win down.

Thanks again for your advice bababooey :D