SIG Picture Thread

Awesome, thanks. Did you get the full kit with the steel barrel? I recall reading that past generation Guarder steel barrels needed some significant work and was wondering how the 2010s faired.

no just the frame but I got a guarder outer barrel seperate and it just needs lube to work properly and sanding the contact points on the hop up assembly

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My P226

mg1633t.jpg

mg1634l.jpg

mg1635.jpg

mg1636.jpg

- Tokyo Marui Sig P226R

- 4 x Tokyo Marui P226 magazines

- Guarder P226 Navy metal body kit

- Guarder P226 Steel outer barrel

- Guarder P226 reinforced springs

- Nineball DYNA piston head

- Surefire P114C

- Safariland for P226 w/ Surefire P114C

• Like 1

I know people here have been satisfied with the Guarder kit, but I can't recommend them. You're better off paying a bit more and getting a better quality kit. So far I've tried the PGC (both initial and recent batch) and the Guarder kit. I also picked up the PRIME 2011, but I haven't installed it yet.

The Guarder took a considerable amount of effort to get working correctly compared to the PGC. It was advertised as the 2010 version, but it still had a lot of problems. I had to modify the sides of the piston/blow back unit to make it fit. It also wasn't made very well and resulted in a slight shift in the way the cylinder made contact with the magazine gasket. It ended up lowering the power output.

The PGC took about an hour to get it installed a firing properly. The only modification needed was filing down the bottom of the piston. I also didn't bother to re-install the trigger lock safety so it was a simple drop in fit (this allows you to use a real take down lever, which is convenient if you like the pre-stainless SIG's). The power output was identical to the stock Marui pistol.

I do understand the appeal of a metal frame and slide, but if you want to keep it performing well, keep it stock. The internal parts were designed to work best with the original plastic frame and slide.

• 2 weeks later...

My TM SG552

IMG_0043-Kopie.jpg

Nothing fancy:

- Stubby foregrip (G&P?)

- Bushnell TRS-25

- Cut down the front sight a bit ( The reddot "dot" was blocked by the ring)

- TK Twist Barrel

- MOSFET + Lipo

Future plans: Possibly a light tuning to 350 FPS, was thinking about a M100, steel bushings, silent piston head and spring guide. Suggestions?

Cheers

Nice P229, kingdong. The scratches seem to say "metal". Is it a Tanaka ABS gun? Or really Metal kit?

Thanks dude, it is a Tanaka with a metal top slide, bought it about a week back so i have no idea what make the top slide would be.

Shoots really well on propane too!