SIG Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't even listed the build-list yet ;)

Just to name a few:

-Guarder steel grip screws

-Shooters Design POM Nozzle

-Nine ball piston head & spring

-Shooters Design steel take-down lever

Not yet installed:

-Creation "SIG" marked steel hammer

-Shooters Design cnc steel valve-knocker

IMG_1098.jpg

^Exactly what Lazyshark stated. Prime includes the parts to convert/shorten one TM 226 magazine. KJW P229 magazines are compatible and fit like a dream (only thing was I had to dremel a small bit off the back of the magazine-plate). Had a few extra KJW mags for my old 228 kit before I sold it off.

A few shots of my SIGs ;) Enjoy.

Nice, nice...

It's a shame PGC did such a good job but missed a few details..

Wrong fingergrooves and markings on the Navy kit frame.

Wrong serial number on the frame (at least frame and slide should have the same) and "Made in Germany" instead of "Made in w. Germany" on the slide (those old Sigs are from the 80s according to their slide design) ..

The prime kit seems to be far more detailed.. but so f***ing expensive..

Oh well, if i where you i would get some old style take down lever and maybe some old style grips and spray some grey gun-kote (for a more parkerized look) on to the slides to complete the old look.

I have two carbon steel P226's...one is marked "Made in Germany" while the other is marked "Made in W. Germany". Both have two roll pins holding the breach block; PRIME included the fake roll pins to replicate this (at least the kit I purchased did). Also, my PRIME has matching serial numbers on the frame and slide...not sure if they made some design changes?

Indeed, it would have been nice for PRIME to make the correct take down lever and grips as they're getting harder to hunt down.

I have two carbon steel P226's...one is marked "Made in Germany" while the other is marked "Made in W. Germany". Both have two roll pins holding the breach block; PRIME included the fake roll pins to replicate this (at least the kit I purchased did). Also, my PRIME has matching serial numbers on the frame and slide...not sure if they made some design changes?

Indeed, it would have been nice for PRIME to make the correct take down lever and grips as they're getting harder to hunt down.

Yeah there are two versions of the carbon steel P226s. The one from PGC is the early 80s version. There is a newer version, wich Prime replicate in it's P228 kit (take a look at the top of the slide near the back.) The Prime kit is almost perfekt, except the take down lever and grips.

Hey guys,

I'm guessing the PGC P226 (earlier model) I have was the second release without the roll-pins.

I noticed some of the older pics of the PGC kit with roll-pins and matching frame/slide serials.

Whereas the Prime P226 (Navy) I owned was the first release with fake roll-pins/extractor.

Due to finances I had to choose which to keep, the Prime or PGC P226, I settled with the PGC.

The newer Prime P226 Navy seems to be back with the roll-pins, I have seen pictures of the real-steal with different pins, but not unmatched serials ;-)

Yeah there are two versions of the carbon steel P226s. The one from PGC is the early 80s version. There is a newer version, wich Prime replicate in it's P228 kit (take a look at the top of the slide near the back.) The Prime kit is almost perfekt, except the take down lever and grips.

I didn't realize there were two versions...I never really bothered to examine them in great detail.

I also didn't notice there are indeed differences in the PGC kits. The photo below is the very first kit I got several years ago. My newer kit has the incorrect serial number, etc. and looks exactly like those posted by Squad 701. I compared the first PGC kit against both of my SIG Sauer P226's and did indeed see differences in the shape of the frame as well as the slide. The ejection port on my real P226 is much narrower and doesn't reach over to the de-cocking lever slide. The breach block pin is in the wrong place. Also the shape of the front and rear of my PGC slide looks more like my Stainless SIG and is squared out with edges.

Overall I think it looks similar; I didn't even notice the differences until you pointed them out.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by BaBaBooey

Oh well, if i where you i would get some old style take down lever and maybe some old style grips and spray some grey gun-kote (for a more parkerized look) on to the slides to complete the old look.

Hey Guys,

You'll have to help point me in the right direction, I have no idea of where to even start looking for the takedown lever or original grips or rear-sight !

The few times I checked Ebay there was nothing like that in sight ;-)

I really love the look of BaBaBooey's SIG, I wouldn't mind giving it a go with the Grey gun Kote, no experience of spraying/painting slides, I might need some kind of link if anyone knows of one.

Best wishes.

I didn't realize there were two versions...I never really bothered to examine them in great detail.

Wow the color of your Sig looks nice :)

There are indeed at least 3 different slide versions of the Sig P226.

1. The one from the newer PGC Kit with the sharp edges at the rear of the slide and vertical finger grooves on the frame. Those are early 80s Models.. 83 or 84 till 86.

2. The one which is replicated in the Prime P228 Kit, smoother edges at the rear of the slide and horizontal finger grooves on the frame.

3. The newer stainless steel version which is in production since 1996. The new slides aren't parkerized anymore (which isn't possible because of the stainless steel), but the u.s. nitron finish looks quite grey too. The German ilaflon finish is more blackish, but not allowed in the u.s.

I also didn't notice there are indeed differences in the PGC kits. The photo below is the very first kit I got several years ago. My newer kit has the incorrect serial number, etc. and looks exactly like those posted by Squad 701. I compared the first PGC kit against both of my SIG Sauer P226's and did indeed see differences in the shape of the frame as well as the slide. The ejection port on my real P226 is much narrower and doesn't reach over to the de-cocking lever slide. The breach block pin is in the wrong place. Also the shape of the front and rear of my PGC slide looks more like my Stainless SIG and is squared out with edges.

Overall I think it looks similar; I didn't even notice the differences until you pointed them out.

So your Sig doesn't have an external extractor? So it's an hybrid between carbon steel an stainless steel slide.

I wish I had a milling machine.. Those kits are never flawless.. And yes I love accuracy.

You'll have to help point me in the right direction, I have no idea of where to even start looking for the takedown lever or original grips or rear-sight !

The few times I checked Ebay there was nothing like that in sight ;-)

I really love the look of BaBaBooey's SIG, I wouldn't mind giving it a go with the Grey gun Kote, no experience of spraying/painting slides, I might need some kind of link if anyone knows of one....

Original grips are hard to find, take down lever also.. Old contrast sighs are available from topgunsupply, dunno if they ship to ireland..

I will try gun kote myself in the next few month. The good thing is you can spray it over your anodized slide, no need for glass bead blasting the slide. They even have stainless steel as color choice. I can give feedback if appreciated..

Edited by mo3rk

I'm confused...just to be clear, I currently have two carbon SIG Sauer P226's and two Marui P226's (one with early PGC and one with late PGC...early one is photo above). My first SIG Sauer is in the U140's marked Tyson's Corner, Made in W. Germany. Grip panels have matching date code, 1986. Scalloped rails. My second is a high U620's which would make it very late 1990's, marked "Made in Germany". For whatever reason, the date code on the grip panels and the proof markings are slightly off. I did not buy this used, but something is odd with it.

BOTH are carbon steel, non-stainless...both slides are 100% identical in size and shape. I realize that the stainless came out in mid 90's but my U62X is unmistakably carbon, non-railed frame.

Now my new PGC airsoft slide is very similar...the only thing I can tell are the wrong roll marks and the shape towards the rear as you pointed out. My original PGC airsoft kit is also nearly identical, internal extractor. The only differences is the edges are squared out more while the other is smoother. The edges are similar to the stainless slide.

This is my newer kit (it has the old Laser Products take down lever - this kit has no Exeter markings on the slide, unmatched serial number, and missing the West Germany. It's the same kit as Squad 701's):

Untitled-1.jpg

As for the parts, I found it difficult to get parts as well. I did purchase a very beat up P226 that was used by a local PD and was going to use it for spare parts in the event that something needs to be replaced. Factory SIG small parts kits also show up every now and then...I think it includes a takedown lever. I actually used Duracoat...not sure if it's as good. A colleague just spray painted his metal slide. I thought it looked just as good and it's held up well. I did notice it started to flake off.

Yes, all of it is not perfect, but I don't think the PGC and PRIME kits look bad at all. I don't have a problem with "close enough" :)

Edited by BaBaBooey