SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Using a metal kit on the Marui P226R isn't a good idea - the pistol performs best using stock components. Assuming the pistol is a backup, its probably a good idea to have the most reliable pistol and the most reliable Marui P226R is in its original plastic body. This might not be the best analogy, but if you put the internals of a Honda Civic into the body of another Civic that was NOT made by Honda, your going to expect to have problems.

I completely understand the appeal of metal kits and if you absolutely have to have one, I highly recommend any of the 2011 PRIME models. Although expensive, it's extremely easy to put together (drop in fit...took me about 30 min) and takes no time to break in. The width of the frame is also 1:1 scale so you have no problems mounting accessories. I would put SD and PGC Pro-Win kits second and third - both of these frames are slightly larger than the SIG P226 (most accessories are a tight fit, while some will not fit at all). On the PGC Pro-Win kit, you need to disable the trigger lock safety or modify the takedown lever if you really want the safety feature. You also need to file down certain components as indicated by PGC. SD kits aren't that bad, but I think they may be out of production?

The worst was Guarder...my 2010 kit doesn't perform anywhere near a stock pistol.

I'm not certain about Hogue grips. PGC Pro-Win kit comes with adapters to use on the frame to fit various grips. I have checkered SIG grips and those required modifications (I think it's because the design of the frame changed when SIG switched to stainless?).

• Like 1

with alot of dremmeling a hogue will fit.

Well, it must be a lot of dremelling. Because the grip didn't fit even when i took out the hammer spring and its seat. Assuming that tou have solved it, the screws don't fit to Hogue grip normally, you must take care of them too or use some special rings like PGC kits include. It is an incredible thing to install that grip, i think. You are an actual hero :)

• Like 1

New toy turned up last week. After blood, some trial and much error (I should never be allowed to perform any form of technical task... ever) it's finally set up how I'd intended it to be. I also couldn't stand having a shiny, new looking gun, hence the weathering. Just need to find on more original style magazine and I'll good to go...

Arty3.jpg

Side-Right.jpg

Side-Left.jpg

TM Sig P226

Guarder 2010 Metal Kit (Railed)

Guarder Steel Outer Barrel

NineBall 6.03mm Tightbore Barrel

NineBall Hop Rubber

Guarder 150% Enhanced recoil spring

Guarder Enhanced Spring Guide

Silverback Laser Grips

Weight w/ standard grips - 970g (+10g on RS)

Weight w/ laser grips - 1kg

Edited by Blackjack13
  • Like 2

Cheers man! The grips are alright, especially considering the fact that their the only alternative to the real steal ones (which are £370ish compared to around £40). Might have had some issue with fitting (as I said, I shouldn't be allowed to perform technical tasks, so it might have been my fault, or might have been the grips) but they're fine now. Laser needs zeroing but otherwise is nice and powerful, bright and easy to trace. They're almost impossible to function when wearing Oakley SI gloves (but then again what isn't...) due to the pressure pad location, but with fingers (and I'd assume Mechanix/Nomex style) they're fine. Overall worth the money I'd say.

• Like 1

Do you guys mind posting pictures of the lower handguard of the TM? JG SIG 552 rifles? I bought two beater JG/ Cybergun Sig 552s, gonna make one a working gun, and both are missing the lower part of the handguard. I need pictures of the right side, left side, the part the pin goes in, and the part that locks the stock in the folded position. Plan is to make a bare bones quadrail kinda deal to fit where the lower handguard goes, and I need some references for where it connects to the receiver and folded stock. Thanks in advance :)