SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Hey guys,

Thanks for the nice words ;-)

The P228 is of course the Prime kit, I got a set of original grips for it, which I ended up not using as they where almost identical to the Prime supplied grips, and would have needed a lot of modification to fit. The P228 grips were never as Matt-looking as the P226s.

The P226 is a Hybrid ;-) as I was in the middle of making a P226 E2 with full Prime kit, I transferred the E2 slide onto a PGC body, for the purpose of some cosmetic photographs :-)

So Yes BaBaBooey your P226 still rules :-)

One thing I will say; either you take extremely good care of your guns, or that SIG is underused - & we can't be having that now, can we?!

I have a few Sig-Sauer P226s, but strangely enough I feel stock can be adequate for Skirmishing,

No chance of running around a field waving a Prime 228 about in the filth though :-)

Tis like ploughing a field with a Mercedes :-)

I have a few Sig-Sauer P226s, but strangely enough I feel stock can be adequate for Skirmishing,

No chance of running around a field waving a Prime 228 about in the filth though :-)

Tis like ploughing a field with a Mercedes :-)

Adequate?! I love skirmishing my stock Tokyo Marui P226 - it's accurate, reliable, & has a surprisingly good range. Plus, the stock plastic body doesn't reveal the age of the gun whatsoever - though the gun itself is about 18 months old now, it looks brand new... So I'd say its more than adequate!

RE the prime 228 - I appreciate where you're coming from; however, I am of the opinion that an airsoft gun is for skirmishing - nothing else. A beautiful piece of kit nonetheless!

Lovely Sig's SQUAD 701

Sorry I should have phrased that a bit better, I meant the basic stock model would always be my first choice for skirmishing.

I really meant to write more than adequate.

As regards what one chooses to skirmish with is personel preference.

Not every gun is suitable for that purpose.

Lovely Sig's Squad 701, certainly the p228, how is the Prime kit?

Since this is a picture thread

My Custom Prime (first version) TM p226

l1151430.th.jpg

• Like 1
Lovely Sig's SQUAD 701 Lovely Sig's Squad 701, certainly the p228, how is the Prime kit? Since this is a picture thread My Custom Prime (first version) TM p226 l1151430.th.jpg

Hey Clockwork O,

The new Prime kits are fairly easy to work with, and more accurate in design than ever.

Strange how none of the other metal-kit makers (PGC/Shooters Design etc.) never took advantage of the hole in the market there,

with the demand for the P228/229, its certainly been a regression from the railed-frame original Tokyo Marui, first to non-railed, then shortened to P228.

Dont even ask me what the difference is between the original Japanese Prime kit & the later released Hong Kong version ?

The P229 still only being available as the Japanese more expensive kit !

Anyhow great bit of work on your engraved Prime P226, its certainly a special item, lovely photography too :-)

I was wondering did the original Prime Unrailed P226 kit only come in the Navy version, or was there another one ?

Cheers.

Edited by Squad 701