SIG Picture Thread

Hey BaBaBooey,

Thanks for your advise. I usually stick with stock except for hop robber, inner barrel and stronger recoil-spring until everything cycles smoothly, with the PGCs they usually run great on stock springs when working properly.

The gun mentioned above is the KSC USP with RA Tech steel slide which I Think may be heavier than the Real-Steel Steel :-)

This needs a helping hand, especially considering the Irish climate.

Edited by Squad 701
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Ah yea ruin my new gun buzz :( prob should of got the steel glock or hi capa and c02 mags but meh too sensible for me i wanted a usp :)

Can we get red or top gas here? Have a few ideas how to boost green gas pressure using a compressor

All the bits are on the dreaded list! What rod should i get, bearing type or solid? Comes with a 150% spring anyway iirc

Ah yea ruin my new gun buzz :( prob should of got the steel glock or hi capa and c02 mags but meh too sensible for me i wanted a usp :)

Can we get red or top gas here? Have a few ideas how to boost green gas pressure using a compressor

All the bits are on the dreaded list! What rod should i get, bearing type or solid? Comes with a 150% spring anyway iirc

Sorry didn't mean to ruin your buzz :unsure:

But its unique in the fact that its got that nasty full steel look about it :D

Was just worried you might have been waiting for it with the stock springs !

When tuned-up there is a fair kick off it, and also the sort of pistol when you drop it the better it looks :)

Will post a couple of snaps on the USP thread when they cut me loose.

• Like 1

My newest and oldest Marui SIGs. The one with the 632R light is my newest having 100% stock P226E2 internals. I used it throughout this past summer and it performed flawlessly on 134A...no surprises given that it's nearly identical internally to the P226R (not nearly as good as the newer Marui pistols like the Glock 18, PX4, etc.). My oldest Marui P226R is nearly four years old. Again, some very minor internal modifications to make it chrono a bit high on 134A for out door fields. I couldn't find a comfortable holster for it, so I keep it in an old MX300R radio pouch.

DSCF0132.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Tolerances, tolerances, tolerances...

Guarder kits, generally speaking, aren't made with the same precision as more up-market kits. Consequently, when you come to transfer over all the bits and pieces from your donor gun into the Guarder, it's a lot more time-consuming and potentially aggravating. Guarder kits can be made to work well, but not usually without a good deal of effort. (Real familiarity with the inner workings of the pistol model helps too.) (So does a dremel.)

In my limited experience with Guarder, the metal is OK but actually tends to be a bit heavier than the pure aluminum used in other brands. This can give the pistol some nice heft, but is not so great w.r.t. the slide when it comes to getting the blowback to work properly.

Completely agree, I have a guarder kit on my Sig. It took a while to get it fitted properly and getting the slide to kick back took hours of sanding to allow it to blowback properly. It is definitely heavier than the Prinme kit I have, but the metal doesn't feel cheap or pot. It just required a lot more work.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy, nice 552, good variation to the pistols seen in 99% of SIG pics. Where do you store the battery in that?

In the ris, 7.2v 1000mah lipo, the top half of the RIS hinges up after the removal of one screw,

Fits in a treat, should hold a mini 8.4v nimh/nicad too, at a squeeze.

I noticed alot of guys here go with a higher end metal kit for their sigs. Is there a down side to guarder? Is it made from pot metal or somthing?

Guarder aren't as good, and if you're not savvy with pistol internals are a pain. BUT, they do have one signifcant advantage over Prime/PGC/Nova etc. They're about half the price,

as far as I remember they never recalled any. they didn't sell so well, along with the 551, as the programmable burst chip had a tendency to break. (today they would use a nice simple mosfet circuit)

and sinc this is a picture thread here's my sig's

TM SIG 550

Sig550a-1.jpg

TM SIG 551

sig551-1.jpg

TM SIG 226 with Guarder metal kit

sig226a-1.jpg

TM SIG 552 with Hurricane metal receiver

sig552.jpg

• Like 1

As he said, the burst chips liked to malfunction, so they stopped making them.

Now Jebus, how much for your 550 or 551?

I'm aware they were discontinued, but I just didn't think they were recalled...

I mean, I have two TM 550s and one 551, all with working burst chips. I've also seen a few other ones come up for sale in the ~$150-170 range that I passed on because I didn't really need any more. I'm not familiar with the laws in Japan regarding airsoft guns, particularly with metal receivers, but if there is any way you can get the G&G one, I would take that over a TM.

Some older incomplete pictures of the family are buried elsewhere in this thread... my collection has grown since then...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/134236-sig-picture-thread/page__view__findpost__p__2426420

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/134236-sig-picture-thread/page__view__findpost__p__2226318

One of these days, I should get a new family photo... I think it's currently standing at 11 SIG rifles and 6 pistols (though 2 are springers)... Unnecessary? Absolutely.