SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

wow, what met kit is that? did those sights come with it?

PGC Navy Kit + Standard PGC Slide (got that from boomarms years ago) + Guarder controls (except Magrelease, won't fit the PGC frame)

Sights are standard Marui (drilled front sight + sawed off rear sight)

Grips are RS Altamond Equinox

To-Do:

Hardchrome slide and controls + refinish frame

PGC Navy Kit + Standard PGC Slide (got that from boomarms years ago) + Guarder controls (except Magrelease, won't fit the PGC frame)

Sights are standard Marui (drilled front sight + sawed off rear sight)

Grips are RS Altamond Equinox

To-Do:

Hardchrome slide and controls + refinish frame

so you just painted black over the standard dot sights and replaced it with a line?

so you just painted black over the standard dot sights and replaced it with a line?

Sort of ;) The white line is filed off to. Need to fill the holes with filler or something

I think at least one of the early PGC P226 kits came with the older style sight.

I'm not too sure what sight came with the early Creation P226 slide !

Cheers.

The PGC old style kits did and still do, at least the rear sight. But I don't like the look of the carbon steel slide, so I had to build my own :)

New pic of the ol' Sig.

KJW P226

RS Parts:

- Interchangable fiber front sight

- Hogue Grips

- Mainspring/ hammer spring seat

Upgrades:

- Guarder 150% recoil and hammer spring

- Firefly hop-up bucking

- TM magazines (if you've ever used a KJW mag, you know how much of an upgrade these are)

- Polished standard inner barrel (actually helps quite a bit)

- Personal custom A-TACS style paint job

Shoots approx 345 FPS with 0.20g bbs. I use 0.25g rounds and can reach out over 120' (40 meters) to hit a 1 meter x 1 meter (3'x3') target 9 out of 10 times (and fairly close to the center, I might add). I absolutely love this gun...

IMG_0755.jpg

• Like 1

How did you change the front sight on the kjw slide? I thought the front sight was built into the slide on those.

I wish it had been! I was running across a courtyard in a MOUT village when my Sig (pre-upgrades. It was fresh out of the box) leapt from my old drop leg holster and bounced around a bit. The sight was lost then, and I ordered the fiber optic one shortly after. Some sanding, grinding, and a sight push got the new one back on there, as it's just fitted into the channel, not screwed or glued down.

Nice Sig skyler8158, is that just the Guarder railed frame? Is everything else stock TM?

Funny, because I was thinking of doing the exact same thing to mine... How has it worked out for you? Was it easy enough to install? Has it mucked around with your gas consumption?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I am quite keen to do this myself - so long as it doesn't ruin my gun!

well here's my Non-navy :P

P226left.jpg

The kit was a pain to instal, lots of filing and jiggery pokery to get it nicely bedded. Gas consumption was unchanged, at least I didn't notice it less. Mine adds a nice bit of heft to the otherwise stock TM pistol without the drawbacks of a heavy, slow, gas guzzling metal slide. And it has trades on it (not that I care, but some might)

• Like 1

Nice Sig skyler8158, is that just the Guarder railed frame? Is everything else stock TM?

Funny, because I was thinking of doing the exact same thing to mine... How has it worked out for you? Was it easy enough to install? Has it mucked around with your gas consumption?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I am quite keen to do this myself - so long as it doesn't ruin my gun!

Just the frame is Guarder, I kept the stock plastic TM slide to better cycling/gas consumption/etc. It performs flawlessly and with the newer E2 mags I can get 2-3 mags worth of shots before refilling. I didn't install it myself though, traded with a buddy for it.

Edited by skyler8158
  • Like 1