SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Is that wear from use or "applied".. I'm a big fan of the pistol and I'm hovering between the KJW and the WE. I prefer the matte finish of the WE and I dont mind a little "wear" but I wont tolerate paint flaking off at all and certainly not when the pistol is just daus old.

Is that wear from use or "applied".. I'm a big fan of the pistol and I'm hovering between the KJW and the WE. I prefer the matte finish of the WE and I dont mind a little "wear" but I wont tolerate paint flaking off at all and certainly not when the pistol is just daus old.

Well as the gun was looking brand new less than two weeks ago and by the way the post is written I would imagine that the wear is artifical. And for the 228 you don't really have a choice as only WE are making it (unless you're talking about sig pistols in general).

Also I've read that on the new WE pistolst the slides are anodized and not painted and wear was appearing mainly on the controls.

PS My 228 should be arinving some time next week and I'll post pictures along with my KJ P229

Edited by johny_blaze

My tm p226r with full guarder kit + steel parts, enhanced springs, pdi piston head and a tanio koba twisted barrel.

great setup mate. I pretty much have the same thing except in the non railed config. Hows the TK twist barrel working out for you? I've always contemplated getting one.

TeowneD

• 4 weeks later...

Swiss Arms Sig 552 RIS. I believe it is an ICS rebrand.

It doesn't look like an ICS to me. From your pictures, it looks like the bolt is a single molded piece (i.e. the charging handle isn't removable, so the little release lever doesn't need to be able to rotate) and looks more like the JG SIG. There are other things as well (front sight, takedown button (or apparent lack thereof), texture of the stock, style of the RIS, flash hider, etc.) that lead me to believe it's not an ICS rebrand.

What does intrigue me is that the page that you linked to says it has blowback. I am not aware of any SIGs (other than the King Arms 556's) that have that feature. Does yours have blowback? Also, does it have a metal upper/lower receiver?

Now that I think about it, I recall something like a year or two (or three) ago in the news section about JG coming out with a bunch of blowback SIGs. Took a bit of looking, but I found the thread... http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/182230-new-stuff-from-jg/ coming up on 3 years old, but it seems that these are finally out on the market... or maybe have been, and I just was entirely unaware...

It seems that the sig 552 ris, 551 ris and 550 full metal aeg blowback was realeased last year. Most likely through cybergun who put the Swiss arms brand name on everything. I have considered getting the 551, but I cant find any reviews online for any of the three rifles from this series.

Any info on the build quality or the internals would be greatly appreciated Chas!

btw the c-more fits the 552 realy nice! 

• 3 weeks later...

Nice grab mate.  Have you seen any metal bodies for it yet?  I've reached out to my contacts in HK and everyone is telling me they're sold out, but I've never seen a kit except for the slide!

On a technical note, how's the recoil and gas efficiency?  I hear they're both much improved.

• 2 weeks later...