SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

What part of the trigger is "dummy"? It is still SA/DA.

The Marui E2 comes with the thinner trigger that Sig Sauer uses for their short reset, but it really doesn't as internally there is nothing different between the Marui P226R and E2. You can easily swap the two triggers with no loss of basic function.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/uploads/gallery/album_2092/gallery_71007_2092_12056.jpg

Here's the link to my TM 226 E2, fitted with 6.01 PDI TBB and Streamlight TLR-1S. Damn I love that combination!

P.S. Not sure why I can't post images here. I click on the 'Image' button, my screen turns blue, but the image box never appears, so I need to reload the page. Do I need a certain number of posts to be able to post an image? I've tried searching the forum for post-count rules, but can't find anything?

So really you're just paying for the grips, magazine, and E2 logo with the E2?

Not sure what you mean - you can buy the E2 for exactly the same price as the R. Marui didn't make it any more expensive.

The rear chassis assembly is different. On my P226R, I damaged the valve knocker rather quickly and had to replace it with a steel one. So far, the E2 doesn't need this upgrade as the stock knocker is working fine.They also changed the way the de-cocking base attaches to the frame - it's now bolted on, but it doesn't really change the performance of the gun.

Also, I have yet to split open an E2 magazine. I've completely damaged beyond repair at least 3 P226R magazine when the threads in the magazine base got stripped.

Besides that, the original P226R is pretty well designed in my opinion, so understandably Marui didn't really need to change the internals all that much. My stock P226R is nearly over 4 years old now and the only internal part that I had to replace was the valve knocker and hop rubber. It still choron's nearly exactly the same as it was when new. 

• Like 1

I believe TM didnt even change the serial number on the frame for the E2 version, so I gues other than the few visably apparent parts (trigger, grips the slide E2 logo) as well as the shorter hammer strut, there really is no difference between the E2 and the old TM P226R? I do like the new magazines though and bought a couple for my many years old, stock, TM P226R.

So the shorter hammer strut - are you referring to the bit that has the hammer spring wrapped around it and inserts into the mainspring seat?  I run a RS mainspring seat and enhanced hammer spring on my KJW, so I'm familiar with the back end there.

Thanks for the info thus far guys.

There are a few ways to to tell if the gun's a KJW. The simplest is to examine the right-hand side of the hammer - there may be a number 2 inset in a circle stamped on the side of it. A more definitive way is to field strip the gun and look into the BBU. Medium blue internal parts are typically KJW.

I doubt it's a KJW actually. [i was wrong]

I have never seen a tan KJW 226, nor a KJW 226 with threaded front barrel. [Well, now I have...]

My bet is it's a WE with some sort of markings. [Nope, wrong!]

Looks kind of like this; (note to self: well duh. it's a tan 226...) [Good thinking there, Sherlock... lul]

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_297&products_id=15873 [Nope!]

WE-GP-0427-AG-1.jpg

Can the threading at the front be removed, ie. an adapter ? [Disregard...]

What was it traded for? So we can get an idea of the money involved. [still interesting]

The only other tan 226 I've seen are TM + Guarder custom built kits. [until now...]

EDIT: Well actually never posted. But as I was typing the above I figured the guy is in the US and they have some different models going on. Went to Evike and searched for tan 226, got this;

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=33093

Case closed :D

You can even see the residue from the black sticker in the picture above. :P

Edited by NonEx

Haha, yep. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I appreciate the detective work though. It does have some blue internals as well as the 2 on the hammer.

I traded it for a KJW m1911.

Yeah I noticed the residue once I uploaded the picture. Like I said, it needs a thorough cleaning, inside and out. I think I might file down the corners on the back above the grip.

Edited by Terry

lol, i missed this. i could have solved this one hours ago. KJW makes plenty of colors of P226. tan, OD, tri color desert, i have sold all kinds. the most recent batches of the colored ones come with threaded barrels. the colored ones are only available through cybergun. hence the trademarks.

oh btw, the KJW used to be notorious for having a thin frame, so other brand mags dont fit. could have changed though, but be careful and try other brands of mags first before you lay the cheese down for them.

Edited by Horsem4n