SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

The first one is probably made from a TM one - the kit came with a conversion part to make one short mag out of an original P226 mag. Since PRIME didn't sell those conversion parts separately, after that one mag, you were f***ed, until KJW and WE started making P228/9s.

Edited by PureSilver

Hey guys, I hear a lot about TM mags being compatible in WE 226's and KJW 226's, but does the reverse hold true? Specifically, does the WE P226 magazine fit the Tokyo Marui P226? I assume it does. If so, is there a noticeable difference in performance? I would go with a TM mag but they are unfortunately difficult to come by in the USA at the moment and with shipping from HK, they are about twice the price of a WE/KJW mag that can be found domestically.

Edited by Matthias

I know the TLR-1 is a popular light for P226 models, but what holster do you guys run that setup with? I might just get a custom one from Raven, because they aren't that expensive, but in this months group of junk im wasting money on, it doesnt fit in.

Edited by Terry

I know the TLR-1 is a popular light for P226 models, but what holster do you guys run that setup with? I might just get a custom one from Raven, because they aren't that expensive, but in this months group of junk im wasting money on, it doesnt fit in.

I currently just use a Blackhawk Serpa, without the TLR-1S attached. It's very quick and easy to attach when required. However, if you want a holster specifically made to accommodate both at the same time, then check out the IMI holster. Pretty cheap and available from Amazon or IMI directly :

http://www.imidefense.com/black-polymer-product/IMI-Z1500.html

Hi guys,

I've just acquired a TM P226 in a bit of a sorry state, just want some advice on sprucing it.
I want to keep the standard plastic parts so it's skirmishable in the wonderful weather we are having.

It was missing x2 of the grip screws, any idea where I can source these?
I'd like a threaded outer barrel for it also.
What other upgrades would you recommend? 

Hopefully all from one UK based source!

Well, to spruce it up internally, the usual upgrades are a Nine Ball piston head, hop-rubber and tightbore inner barrel. Some people also like their magazine gas routers but the P226 guru on this forum (BaBaBooey) reckons they're useless. Replacement grip screws can be sourced from Guarder and Action in a variety of styles, though as usual with TM's plastic frames be careful not to overtighten them and strip the brass inserts from the frame. Threaded outer barrels are most performance-friendly in aluminium, and can be bought from Guarder and Nine Ball.

You can find all of these items except the outer barrel at FireSupport:

1. Nine Ball Dyna Piston Head
  2. Nine Ball Hop-Up Rubber
  3. Nine Ball Inner Barrel
  4. Guarder Grip Screws (in slotted and Allen)
  • Like 1

Some people also like their magazine gas routers but the P226 guru on this forum (BaBaBooey) reckons they're useless.

Hi.

I actually change my mind on this one and I now wouldn't go so far as to say they are useless, My opinion, the newer magazines definitely do not need them. Once the routers start to wear down, then yes, replace them with originals, LPE shims, etc. Although, when testing the Nineball routers, I once almost got nearly 100 rounds off of a single charge (in a controlled environment). Unfortunately, I can't seem to replicate it.

What I would suggest is make sure all the parts are clean. Chrono it to check if it's stable...if so, leave it as-is. Stock Marui P226's, kept well maintained and used "properly", will generally out last any upgraded one.

I use a Nineball threaded outer barrel. I prefer it over GB-Tech/VFC's as more suppressors seem to fit the Nineball version. Otherwise, they both seem to work fine and won't negatively effect performance.

Good luck.

• Like 1