SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

I use a Safariland ALS though I can't tell you the model number as I wrapped it in AOR1 camo.

-Piano

I currently just use a Blackhawk Serpa, without the TLR-1S attached. It's very quick and easy to attach when required. However, if you want a holster specifically made to accommodate both at the same time, then check out the IMI holster. Pretty cheap and available from Amazon or IMI directly :

http://www.imidefense.com/black-polymer-product/IMI-Z1500.html

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I am going to roll with the IMI. I didn't want to spend too much if I could avoid it, and I like the look of the IMI. I have a threaded barrel and a protector for it in the mail. Might have to cut a hole in the bottom of the holster, but oh well.

Thanks again guys.

I'll be putting up some pics of my freshly cleaned P226 with new accesories soon.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Last question, what gas should I be running?

standard tm affair of 144?

Hi. The type of gas you should use depends on the temperature. Again, you should get a good chrono...using 0.2g Marui Bio's, the gas you use shouldn't exceed about 0.5 or 0.6 J's. Charge it with 134A and see if it's near or at this power level. If it's much lower, it's probably ok to use Propane. If it's too high, switch to something weaker like 152A. Remember to chrono it in an temperature where you will be playing (e.g. if you're playing outdoors in the 90 degree weather, measure it outdoors in 90 degree weather).

Edited by BaBaBooey
  • Like 1

Better get my chrono out then.

I obtained it second hand, and the gas efficiency is junk, not even twenty shots on a full charge, this was after stripping and cleaning the gun.

Both gold inserts are missing, so no shiny grips for me!

I'm going to try a few new e2 magazines and see how they fair!

thanks for the tips guys

Better get my chrono out then.

I obtained it second hand, and the gas efficiency is junk, not even twenty shots on a full charge, this was after stripping and cleaning the gun.

Both gold inserts are missing, so no shiny grips for me!

I'm going to try a few new e2 magazines and see how they fair!

thanks for the tips guys

Unfortunately, efficiency is a real tough problem to pin down; it could be one or a combination of 90 different parts that are worn down. Chrono is a good starting point to check if the gun is in working order. Like I said, baseline power is usually near 1/2 J for all stock Marui liquid charged pistols on 0.2g, room temp.

Those gold inserts are also a tough find, even Marui does not sell them separately (only the entire frame)...now that the E2 is out, they may even get harder to find. Sometimes the stock frame comes up for sale from people to switch over to metal kits so you can keep an eye out on various forums. I can check if I have any spares lying around.

Edited by BaBaBooey
  • Like 1

Anyone know what type of threading a KJW p226 has? I am trying to find this out everywhere and I can't. I just bought a thread protector that turned out to be the wrong size. I am looking at a 14mm Clockwise protector for it, but I don't want to buy another protector that wont fit.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/outer-barrels/for-pistols/detonator-cnc-steel-thread-cap-for-marui-g18c-gbb-14mm-cw.html

Anyone else have one on theirs? I love that look, and the threads on mine are disgusting. (Got it in a trade)

Here are two other options.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=8654

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-threaded-claw-mount-adaptor-for-g3-mc-51-series-aeg-14mm-ccw.html

I would just take the thread protector off. Really not looking forward to shelling out thirty bucks for just that though.

Right. I found one so I will find out when I get it.

So here is my P226 currently. It is still a little gross externally and could use a more thorough cleaning, but I am going to play tomorrow so there isn't a point.

The threading is disgusting I know, but that is the best I could do. The kid I traded with used to shove this plastic bottle over it to amplify the sound, haha.

Soon I will cover it up temporarily with a thread protector, then replace the outer barrel completely. I want to add some new grips to it too. Internally, I want to throw in a new inner barrel, and then I will be happy with it.

IMG_0252.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I am going to roll with the IMI. I didn't want to spend too much if I could avoid it, and I like the look of the IMI. I have a threaded barrel and a protector for it in the mail. Might have to cut a hole in the bottom of the holster, but oh well.

Thanks again guys.

I'll be putting up some pics of my freshly cleaned P226 with new accesories soon.

if its not too late, i use a Bladetech Duty+M3, fits the TLR series lights as well,also its open for threaded outer barrels.

Edited by Jimmypie
Hey all. I am in the process of upgrading my TM P226 with a metal barrel, however it is causing troubles with the hopup chamber. 

As you can see from the pictures, the little tab that helps hold everything in place is sliding across the metal outer barrel and getting a channel scratched into it. This seems to happen because the outer barrel does not correctly hold the inner barrel while cycling, allowing the inner barrel to "fall out" a bit as can be seen from the second picture.

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pictures: 

l1p2nYx.jpg

SWRuCUG.jpg

There's supposed to be some freedom of movement, so I would be cautious about messing with it if the gun still fires correctly, especially since parts often wear each other down until they mate nicely. It's not supposed to fall out altogether, but the fit should be a little loose. If it's too loose, maybe try squeezing the 'chamber' of the outer barrel very slightly with a pair of pliers so that it grips the hop-up unit a little more tightly?

Made further progress with my 226 :) The lighting conditions yesterday were good so I took this picture.

It is a PGC Navy Kit with a second PGC slide I got years ago. The slide used to be electrochemical polished but is really dull right now and looks (depending on the viewing angle) more like stainless steel.

p226_smallj4uk3.jpg

Bigger Version:

p2264yuxi.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, those grips are comically bad. What I find really confusing is they wouldn't actually look bad if they were simply all grip pattern and no text - I mean, my grips don't have any logo on them and they're a huge improvement over those. 'F228' & 'SEAL TEAMSIX [sic]' is value removed, not value added.

How much was the WE? I have to say, I tried the F228 and found it very light (even compared to a Marui P226) with horrible slide/frame fit (more than 1mm of movement in both vertical and horizontal planes, resulting in a rattle like a busy crèche), soft metals, and a nasty finish, though it seemed reliable enough which is like you say a serious improvement over some of WE's early pistols. KJW's P226s are much nicer in my experience, and their P229 is fully trademarked from the factory and just $96 from eHA, which can't be more than $5 more than you paid for the F228. That said, KJW don't make a non-railed version, and paying for the trademarked gun I would assume involves giving money to Cybergun which is an abhorrent thing to do...

Any reason for choosing the WE over the KJW?

Edited by PureSilver

Strange. I had the KJW P229 and now the WE P228 and HK P226 and I find I like the WEs better. Feels more "real" kind of.

I think the KJW feels more solid overall, but more crude in materials and finish, more toyish.

I do not have that much play in my WE Sigs slides that's for sure.

Would kill for a traded WE P228 though :o

I have some RS P228 grips that I haven't fitted yet, but they should go on with minor mods so that can be taken care of (F228 / Seal Team Six)

Oh well.

I guess that is why there are several brands of the same weapons :D

Well as I am now earning the cash I plan to:

A: Build up a nice collection of different makes with enough mags to skirmish them.

B: Possibly go about setting up a pistol shooting course with IDPA and IPSC style events, hiring the basic ones out.

C: I am me and I likes my pistols me.

'FireKnife'

My WE SIG P226 navy. Fully trademarked and I believe they're correct too.

Might go and dig out all of my SIG's actually.

7A3CAC67-1433-4380-8A65-5399D21B803D-108

Here we go!

All bar the KSC SIG PRO SP2022 are WE. Fitment of frame to slide etc seems spot on. Range is good with .25g BB's and running on propane they kick a little bit like a .22LR handgun if memory serves me!

null_zpsa7bce303.jpg

The markings are nice and crisp on the P226 non railed navy, got a thing for non railed SIG's ATM.

null_zps6691d9bc.jpg

Markings on the SP2022 aren't as good, neither is the slide as its worn down and won't lock back after 2-3 mags so I hardly use it now. Might buy a SD slide for it at some point.

null_zps5bb1eb7e.jpg

Edited by Philbucknall
  • Like 1