SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

and here I was thinking I was lucky to have one PGC kit.

now I gotta get a full metal p210

Brilliant minds think alike ;)

OHMSS springs to mind immediately, well I suppose if your going to have a Swiss Chateau hideout in the late 60's,

it must be P210.

And Michael Caine in 'Get Carter' is being rereleased on Blu-ray later this month,

the P210 was his weapon of choice , I don't know how the movie has aged since its years since I saw it last.

• Like 1

and here I was thinking I was lucky to have one PGC kit.

That PGC/Pro-Win kit (the one that supposed to be a replica of the carbon steel slide) is functionally outstanding, although the second batch of PRIME kit's are just as good...a very slight functional edge to PGC/Pro-Win. HOWEVER, aesthetically that kit has all kinds of problems - PGC might have used some sort of "franken SIG" as a base for it.

FYI, the carbon steel P226's uses a double roll pin to secure the breach block. PGC gives you an option to replicate it instead of the solid steel pin that's found on the stainless steel P226's. If you don't have it you can sort of modify a real one and attach it the PGC slide:

WP_20140401_22_49_33_Pro__highres_zpsfcf

Brilliant minds think alike ;)

OHMSS springs to mind immediately, well I suppose if your going to have a Swiss Chateau hideout in the late 60's,

it must be P210.

And Michael Caine in 'Get Carter' is being rereleased on Blu-ray later this month,

the P210 was his weapon of choice , I don't know how the movie has aged since its years since I saw it last.

Only problem is I would probably have an easyer time paying $2000-$3000 for a real p210 than finding a full metal airsoft version in Canada

Edited by artfromchaos

Only problem is I would probably have an easyer time paying $2000-$3000 for a real p210 than finding a full metal airsoft version in Canada

PRIME and Creation are I think are the only people offering FMKs for the P210, and of those I'd take the PRIME every time. I also see an ancient Arnie's thread claiming that PAP made full-steel kits for the P210, which is plausible, but I can't say I've ever seen one of those, even in a photo.

That PGC/Pro-Win kit (the one that supposed to be a replica of the carbon steel slide) is functionally outstanding, although the second batch of PRIME kit's are just as good...a very slight functional edge to PGC/Pro-Win. HOWEVER, aesthetically that kit has all kinds of problems - PGC might have used some sort of "franken SIG" as a base for it.

Triple-B, I'm thinking about buying one of the PGC non-E2-externally non-rail kits for the E2 (on the basis that the E2 is the newer and slightly better gun), and tricking it out with all-Guarder steel controls. I'm very pleased with the fit and function of my existing (and very old - it doesn't have an extractor at all, not even a moulded-in one) PGC/Pro-Win kit, though it appears that the trigger-guard is off-spec as my (BNIB - unbelievably) SureFire Nitrolon P114C and MR04 fits worse than the MR04 example it came with, which has been ground to fit. Have you any experience with the newer kits designed for the TM E2? Any recommendations?

BTW if anyone wants a BNIB NOS P114C, just PM me as I know a place that has two more in stock for quite a reasonable price.

Edited by PureSilver

There's something you don't see everyday!!

Fantastic piece my friend!!

Damn... I want and a P210 now!!!

Wolf

Anytime you see something special from me you didn't even consider before, you start craving for..hehe :P

How to blame you, this is one of the masterpieces of my collection! The base gun is the 6mm version btw.

What makes it even nicer is the steel barrel, one of the very very few steel pieces machined by Prime.

This gun might not look ace for most of people, but it's so elegant; not by chance it is used by Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace!

The RS version is deadly accurate too.

Edited by Desert.Express

Carbon steel P226's has an internal extractor so it might be possible that your slide is a replica of those models. I actually won't recommend any steel internal or external parts, especially control parts. Unless you just like having steel for the sake of having steel, which I get. Internally, I only have a steel valve knocker still being used.

Stick to the PRIME and PGC/Pro-Win kits, although I have NOT worked with kits specifically made for the E2. I've had bad experience with the non-railed G&P and Creation kits...avoid the Guarder kits at all costs. I've tried both version 1 and 2. My observations:

PGC/Pro-Win: the carbon steel replica. Aesthetically very poor. The frame and slide is modeled after two different type of P226's from different eras, markings are missing, etc. Dust cover is off-spec. Accessories that are dependent on the shape of the grip will fit better than PRIME. Trigger guard shape appears to be correct, but the surface serrations are not (the front strap is not bad). Functionally it is perfect and requires very little effort to install; it performs just as well as a stock Marui pistol and has developed very fast action over several years and operates extremely well with 99% stock internal parts. The blow back assembly/piston comes loose on mine after about 200 or 300 or so BB's and needs to be tightened back down (on the stock Marui slide, the blowback assembly/piston is very tight fit and will not come out even with the mounting screws slightly loose).

On a side note - I do have three different carbon steel SIG P226's (West German Tysons Corner import, West German Herndon import, and an original 1997 Eckernforde) so when you put a replica next to its real gun counterpart, what was once only minor differences start to become obvious. I made a video of this comparison, but might have been for another forum as I can't find it on this site now.

PRIME: the version 2, NAVY replica. I can't really comment on its aesthetics as I don't have a real gun stainless P226 (NAVY or otherwise) and have nothing to compare it against. Shape of the trigger guard and the grip is not correct - any accessory that's dependent on the trigger guard and grip will not fit without modification (e.g. remote switches, rail adapters, etc.). Dust cover dimensions are correct, so any accessory that mounts over will fit without modification (they got this right, but not the trigger guard/grip?!?). Can take both E2 and R internals, but with minor modifications that will NOT impact performance or functionality. Functionally okay and installs just as easily as the PGC/Pro-Win. I've only had this for about three or four years, but so far its operating reasonably - some minor power upgrades

• Like 2

I'm guessing this kit is the carbon steel frame noted earlier.

226latet2_zps206fff71.jpg

226latet1_zpsc2a1ea97.jpg

PGC/Pro Win with TM base
Nineball Piston head & plug spring
Shooter Design loading nozzle
Proud hammer spring
Action Power Up floating valve

Just added Guarder steel takedown lever, trigger, mag release, decocking lever and slide catch. Trigger and mag release needed som polishing. Also Guarder SS outer barrerl (drop in) Guns Modify Tritium sights and Prime firing pin.

Your slide is a replica of the forged slide. I don't have any experience with steel Sig frames, so I don't know what they are supposed to look like. Also, I think you mixed up your breach block pins?

Older P226's do not have forged steel slides, so any airsoft P226 slide without the "Stainless" mark is a replica of this type (like the PGC/Pro-Win kit that comes without the rail frame). I always, incorrectly, refer to these slides as "Carbon Steel", short for the folded steel slides and aluminum frames that P226's used to be made from. I think most people call it "forged stainless" vs. "folded steel".

Edited by BaBaBooey

SIG Sauer P226 X-FIVE

Like BaBaBooey says, that's not a 'carbon steel frame' - there aren't any P226s with a carbon steel frame. That is a replica of a P226 Elite - hence the extended beavertail - which come with aluminium frames as standard. The 'STAINLESS' marking on the slide refers to the slide only; the only P226s with steel frames are the (rare) full-stainless guns (P226 ST) and the full-stainless race guns (P226 X-FIVE 'Norway' & X-FIVE SO, and P226 X-SIX), all of which have stainless steel frames and look quite different to a regular P226.

You don't have a 'carbon steel' (like BaBaBooey notes, more commonly known as the 'folded' steel) slide either. Your pistol sports a replica of the milled stainless steel slide, which is correct for the Elite. Nice gun it is, too!

Edited by PureSilver

Like BaBaBooey says, that's not a 'carbon steel frame' - there aren't any P226s with a carbon steel frame. That is a replica of a P226 Elite - hence the extended beavertail - which come with aluminium frames as standard. The 'STAINLESS' marking on the slide refers to the slide only; the only P226s with steel frames are the (rare) full-stainless guns (P226 ST) and the full-stainless race guns (P226 X-FIVE 'Norway' & X-FIVE SO, and P226 X-SIX), all of which have stainless steel frames and look quite different to a regular P226.

You don't have a 'carbon steel' (like BaBaBooey notes, more commonly known as the 'folded' steel) slide either. Your pistol sports a replica of the milled stainless steel slide, which is correct for the Elite. Nice gun it is, too!

Thanks, it iis a nice one and I use it regularly.