SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Haha, gimme an autographed baseball from Babe Ruth and Joe DiMaggio and then we can talk :)

Joking. (but you can keep your left testicle anyway)

Damn! I wish you would have told me earlier I already have it boxed up, on ice, waiting to be shipped.

That is how bad I want your P210!

Edited by artfromchaos
  • Like 1

Join the "Elite" side of airsoft..

FM PGC P226 Elite w/Altamont wood grips:

2014_04_15_16_16_50.jpg

With Zeke/PGC P226: (you can notice the difference between the two PGC frames; Elite one has an extended beavertail, "knurled" grip style, different serial number)

2014_04_15_16_30_29.jpg

2014_04_15_16_33_09.jpg

Edited by Desert.Express
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"SIG Sauer P226 'upgraded' with Short Reset Trigger and E2 grips"

Tokyo Marui base gun

Pro-Win 226 metal kit for E2 series

Guarder Nozzle and valve blocker.

Nine Ball 6.03mm inner barrel.

DSC02626_zps35ca4c2f.jpg

DSC02629_zps13d30efd.jpg

DSC02633_zps2c635935.jpg

I did play around with the Marui 226R a while back and just couldn't get on with the longish trigger reset especially after using tuned 1911 triggers for so long. The newer E2 has shaved the reset from 9mm or so of the 226R down to 5mm on the E2. That combined with the slimmer trigger and smaller grip of the E2 makes the operation much easier for those of us with 'girls' hands ;)

However, after consideration: I decided to fit some real SIG P226 grips of the appropriate vintage for this gun.

DSC02823a_zpsd7b9fd3a.jpg

DSC02824a_zps458b0372.jpg

I did fit the early mag release too, which has serrations, but once in place I felt the later chequered one complimented the grips more and I already had the later SRT on there anyway.

===============

"SIG Sauer P226R"

Tokyo Marui base gun

Pro Win 226R kit for E2

Guarder nozzle and Valve blocker

Nine Ball 6.03mm inner barrel

Real 226 grips

DSC02844a_zps253dfd61.jpg

DSC02839a_zps6c969eff.jpg

DSC02847a_zpsf3a203c1.jpg

The happy couple with their appropriate grips.

DSC02850a_zps51d2ebde.jpg

DSC02852a_zps99427b59.jpg

• Like 10

Thank you chaps :)

One more.....

"SIG Sauer P226 Sentinel Nine"

Tokyo Marui Sentinel Nine (developed in conjunction with Capcom for the Biohazard/Resident Evil series of games). Sadly it never made it into Resident Evil 6, perhaps they will add it as DLC ;)

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/bio/special/sentinelnine/

Tokyo Marui base gun

Shooters Design metal kit

Guarder Nozzle and valve blocker.

Nine Ball XDM 6.03mm inner barrel.

'Stand off' flash hider not fitted and standard magazine in lieu of the extended one.

DSC02646a_zps30c2b5e1.jpg

DSC02658a_zps5f6ae976.jpg

DSC02659a_zps25abff13.jpg

DSC02653a_zpsab116122.jpg

Having built it, I felt the slide was a touch too matt, so I gave the sides a brushed finish.

DSC02677_zps50318690.jpg

I have always liked the two tone SIG 226: black frame with silver slide and controls. Although I originally planned to blast a black slide back to silver on a Pro-Win kit, Shooters Design came out with this kit for the E2 based Sentinel Nine just in time. I have a soft spot for all things Resident Evil so it seemed worth it.

Was the kit worth more than double the price of the Pro-Win? Not really, although it did have some nice touches to aid assembly.

Ah, most interesting. I had my eye on a similar two tone kit under the PGC banner on RW simply for the slide (as it was for the pre E2 guns).

Having just checked, the kit I was watching is now sold out and this Pro-Win branded (same folks of course) new kit is in, and as you say a weird combo Elite slide and no beavertail? I suppose anything is possible in a custom gun ;)

Curious that it is built for the pre E2 series 226R when I was under the impression they were currently just doing kits for the E2 types. Mind you it shouldn't take *too* much effort to adjust it/part swap to suit.

Thank you again for the find Squad, it's being considered :)

• Like 1

Im in search of a good metal kit for my TM P226R, any ideas where to find any that isn't out of stock???

Airsoft Global has Pro-Win kits for the E2. It's relatively easy to install P226R internals into a E2 frame...you just need to swap a few parts. Pro-Win kits work great, but they tend not to look anything like the real SIG's...but only if you compare it side by side to the real gun.

Otherwise, you're better off saving money and using your stock plastic slide and frame.

Edited by BaBaBooey