SIG Picture Thread

How much you after?

I saw around the £260 mark on 'stupid forum'. Tempting but I have too many pistols to add to the list :P.

'FireKnife'

£265 all in is advertised on that forum, that includes the spare P230 and the spare magazine if I can find it! If you're interested drop me a PM. I will be putting it up on here later this evening. 

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Just a quick couple of questions on the TM P226 (if you don't mind)!

Someone mentioned to me they had pretty bad gas efficiency, is there any truth in this?

Standard Tokyo Marui P226, will it slide right into the Blackhawk holster platforms without any issue's?

Many thanks and much appreciated!

Xray

Someone mentioned to me they had pretty bad gas efficiency, is there any truth in this?

Nope.

They are about as gas efficient as any other Marui from out of the box. The magazines may split under highter pressure if you are a bit daft and threaded the long screw that runs through the magazine but other than that they are fine enough.

As for the holster I know it fits a Fobus and have seen one fit a SERPA without issue but the Fobus can be a tough loose (then again they are loose on my 1911s too say maybe it is a Fobus design?).

'FireKnife'

Nope.

They are about as gas efficient as any other Marui from out of the box. The magazines may split under highter pressure if you are a bit daft and threaded the long screw that runs through the magazine but other than that they are fine enough.

As for the holster I know it fits a Fobus and have seen one fit a SERPA without issue but the Fobus can be a tough loose (then again they are loose on my 1911s too say maybe it is a Fobus design?).

'FireKnife'

Many thanks for the reply - really toying with the idea of getting one. I have a Custom KWA Glock 17 and I just got a Hi Capa 4.3. I absolutely love the TM High Capa, it out shoots my KWA Glock all day long so was thinking of selling the KWA and getting a TM Glock 17/18? or the TM SIG P226?

I do like my Blackhawk kit and spent a lot of time getting it right for me so was very interested in getting some feeback on that as well!

Cheers..

Not for nothing, but my unmodified Marui P226R has been working without significant failure since 2005. I eventually broke the valve knocker and split two original magazines, as Fireknife has mentioned. Otherwise, it's a very well made pistol...the newer p226e2 has a few small improvements so go with that. Hope this helps.

BaBaBooey has a good point, if you can try the E2 out, it is a cracker and deal with a few of the inherent issues that the older TM P226 had.

However when I say 'issues' I mean things that aren't really issues, but things you might notice. It is not like the slide suddenly flows off and starts eating people or something like that :P.

'FireKnife'

Go for the Sig.  I'm putting a nice one up for sale in the classifieds soon :D

Hmm I was looking to buy NEW - PM me if you want as long as it's not a £silly price.......

BaBaBooey has a good point, if you can try the E2 out, it is a cracker and deal with a few of the inherent issues that the older TM P226 had.

However when I say 'issues' I mean things that aren't really issues, but things you might notice. It is not like the slide suddenly flows off and starts eating people or something like that :P.

'FireKnife'

Seems like the SIG is the way to go then!!

• 1 month later...

When they originally came out there was a batch/batches with poor efficiency, it wasn't uncommon and I got a TM P226 soon after it came out, didn't even manage one mag before the spring blew out the back of the flow valve and sent it into full auto, so yes, some truth to it but it was so long ago and seemed to be an issue in such a limited space of time people have forgotten about it and it's not something to worry about now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...