SIG Picture Thread

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to finish my early Sig p226 look. Have sourced the non railed guarder kit. 

Along with correct early type rear sight and surefire torch (which took a lot of modding). 

Just in dyer need of sourcing genuine west german early sig grips to complete. 

pixlr_20220205173951756_20220507230945320.jpg

Edited by Darkmikey22
  • Like 10
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 12:10 AM, Darkmikey22 said:

Trying to finish my early Sig p226 look. Have sourced the non railed guarder kit. 

Along with correct early type rear sight and surefire torch (which took a lot of modding). 

Just in dyer need of sourcing genuine west german early sig grips to complete. 

*PICS OF EPICNESS*

That is indeed lovely work, and something I hope to replicate myself in the near future.
How is the fitment of the Guarder frame to the SureFire 332/632? I've hard that it is far worse than the PGC/ProWin kits, but I've never had any experience with either kit.

If you could upload pictures of the modification required, that would be a big help. I'd rather modify the fram than the light, but progress is progress...

@PureSilver I might just have a spare one of those in my collection. Otherwise there's one up on eBay, if memory serves.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 11:47 AM, MODDAN said:

How is the fitment of the Guarder frame to the SureFire 332/632? I've hard that it is far worse than the PGC/ProWin kits, but I've never had any experience with either kit.

The PGC/ProWin trigger guard isn't quite the right shape, so my own P114C sat very crooked:

zqdWl9y.jpg

A custom backplate (the bit that goes inside the trigger guard) for the rail adapter made by @blobface made a huge difference with no modification of the frame or the light.

Some of the issue (I'm sure it severely exacerbated the issue) is the wraparound grips pushing the rigid tape switch assembly forward. I think the only thing that would let the light sit perfectly flat would be to cut out the section of the grip that is clashing with the switch.

On 3/17/2023 at 11:47 AM, MODDAN said:

@PureSilver I might just have a spare one of those in my collection.

I can't find one on eBay now (I guess it took me too long to see this message) but do PM me if you decide to part with your spare!

Edited by PureSilver
On 3/31/2023 at 8:44 AM, judgeman said:

Currently in the process of fine-tuning the fitment on some mid eighties dated Sig 226 grips.

IMG_20230330_184549922_HDR.jpg

Done the same with my tm/guarder kit. 

Grips took a bit of work.

But looks so much better and also added the early style front and rear sights too. 

Just need to fix the markings and make them period correct. 

52785526453_d8a2261079_k.jpg

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Darkmikey22 said:

Done the same with my tm/guarder kit. 

Grips took a bit of work.

But looks so much better and also added the early style front and rear sights too. 

Just need to fix the markings and make them period correct. 

52785526453_d8a2261079_k.jpg

Essentially doing the same but with a WE. Got a bunch of Guarder parts on the way and a old style rear sight. Debating trying to fit a Guarder slide.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...