SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

p22611nf9.jpg

p22622ms0.jpg

TM P226 originally but with numerous changes:

Guarder metal slide and frame

Guarder enhanced loading muzzle

Guarder enhanced piston lid

Guarder enhanced valve blocker

Tanio-Koba HOP twist barrel

Nine ball recoil spring guide with bearing

VFC steel outer barrel & suppressor set

Firefly Rocket Valve and Piston Head Set

Firefly hard chamber packing

DYTAC luminous night sight (soon to be tritium)

Class IIIa green laser sight

Hogue grips

The five mags are all Marui with Guarder high flow valves installed.

She has a mean kick and outshoots most my AEG's on both distance and accuracy!

Edited by Grimlock
Hopefully get a response out of this...

But where in the world can I get one of the cheek pad's for the 552,551 etc?

Looked everywhere and can't find one! Cheers

This may not be much help but I have found it out of stock in 3 shops. They may be able to order more in for you.

Firesupport have it listed in BLACK and OLIVE DRAB

Wolf Armouries have it listed in BLACK

Zero One also have it listed in black under item code ERA33

Edited by Grimlock

Good to see some people having some luck with the Guarder Kit, I could never get mine anywhere close to combat effective so went back to the ABS frame and slide. Got's me a PGC kit on the way from HK now though with a few internal upgrades so I'll hopefully get some better results with that. Willing to give it another go as I'm very impressed with the TM Sig fundamentally, I just can't stand that shiney plastic!

+++Tokyo Marui SIG SAUER P226+++

Externals:

-PGC Full Metal Kit, non railed (Full trades Second Gen.)

-Real steel factory grips

-Guarder Steel Barrel

Internals:

-6.01mm Tightbore

Knife: MOD LTC875 (Fighter style, partially serrated)

Plans:

-VFC Steel Outer Barrel and Silencer Set

-DYTAC P226 Night Sights

Fantastic spec there mate, just wondered if you fitted the factory grips without any modification. I'm hearing mixed reports about the PGC kit. On a related note, are the factory grips worth getting over the stock TM grip?

Cheers

They are the real steel grips and it took about 2 hours of sawing and filing the hammer spring block and enlarging the screw holes before it would fit properly. I also recall reading somewhere that you can buy a hammer spring block designed to the RS dimensions to save the elbow grease.

And IMHO it is one of the best upgrades you can get for the difference it makes based on price. I personally think it looks awesome, and its a pleasure to hold.

Thanks for the compliment Apache. It hasn't had anything major other than whats listed. I had to change the spring on the slide for a guarder 150% (I'm 90% thats what it was), to allow it to lock back once the mag empties. I gave the spring guide a sand too to give it a smooth blowback as well as using KG10 molydemun disulphide on the rails. I also moved the mag release to the RHS to allow me to eject the mag easier (that also added problems with the mags being too tight, but that was remedied). Other than that just some filing here and there to get it to fit.

I cannot say for certain that the barrel made all the difference as I never tested it fully before installing it, but it fires a good 20ft further than my AEGs on .25's and green gas and is still skirmishable! (although may fire too hot during the summer - I havent had it long enough to find out).

I hope this answers your questions and I wish you good luck with yours :)

Fantastic spec there mate, just wondered if you fitted the factory grips without any modification. I'm hearing mixed reports about the PGC kit. On a related note, are the factory grips worth getting over the stock TM grip?

Cheers

No, the grips didn't require any modification, and yes, it is totally worth it. :)

It makes it feel more real, and less cheap. The RS grips are more rubberized, and their texturing is better. Having handled and fired real Sigs, it really does give an authentic feel to the (airsoft) gun.

The PGC kits are fantastic. There is minor modification required to the takedown lever, but that's it (the instructions are included on a CD)

The finish is excellent, the dimensions are very accurate, it gives the gun good weight and overall is a great piece of kit. Definitely worth every penny. :D Make sure you upgrade the following, though:

-Hammer Spring

-Recoil Spring

-Recoil Spring Guide (go for a steel one)

My stock spring guide broke after a few hundred rounds under the stress of green gas and the metal kit, so now I have to wait for a new one. Save yourself the problem and just buy it with the kit. <_<

Cheers

No, the grips didn't require any modification, and yes, it is totally worth it. :)

It makes it feel more real, and less cheap. The RS grips are more rubberized, and their texturing is better. Having handled and fired real Sigs, it really does give an authentic feel to the (airsoft) gun.

The PGC kits are fantastic. There is minor modification required to the takedown lever, but that's it (the instructions are included on a CD)

The finish is excellent, the dimensions are very accurate, it gives the gun good weight and overall is a great piece of kit. Definitely worth every penny. :D Make sure you upgrade the following, though:

-Hammer Spring

-Recoil Spring

-Recoil Spring Guide (go for a steel one)

My stock spring guide broke after a few hundred rounds under the stress of green gas and the metal kit, so now I have to wait for a new one. Save yourself the problem and just buy it with the kit. <_<

Excellent, I will definately be picking up a set of RS factory grips then and obviously the mainspring seat. As for the upgrades, already got an upgraded hammer and recoil spring. The spring guide was replaced with a steel one a long while back as it suffered the same fate as yours.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Excellent, I will definately be picking up a set of RS factory grips then and obviously the mainspring seat. As for the upgrades, already got an upgraded hammer and recoil spring. The spring guide was replaced with a steel one a long while back as it suffered the same fate as yours.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

You won't be needing the mainspring seat. It's built into the frame in the PGC kits. ;)

Quite right, my kit arrived today. Quality is outstanding and the mainspring seat is built in as you say. Bit annoyed at the amount of filing required to get it all working, had to file down the top of the blowback chamber to get it to sit flush with the slide rails, filing down the absess that cocks the hammer (technical term I know) otherwise the slide is going nowhere and after that I have to file down a part of the trigger mech that interferes with the magazine lip when inserted. Then of course is the slide release mod WGC mentions on the product page...is that easy to do? It looks liek a fairly precise procedure and just wondered if there was any room for error.

It's small potatoes really, I was just inder the impression is was a case of dropping the internals into the PCG kit and letting rip.

After that rant I have to say I LOVE the kit, everything about it screams quality and anyone who picks one up will not be dissapointed.

Quite right, my kit arrived today. Quality is outstanding and the mainspring seat is built in as you say. Bit annoyed at the amount of filing required to get it all working, had to file down the top of the blowback chamber to get it to sit flush with the slide rails, filing down the absess that cocks the hammer (technical term I know) otherwise the slide is going nowhere and after that I have to file down a part of the trigger mech that interferes with the magazine lip when inserted. Then of course is the slide release mod WGC mentions on the product page...is that easy to do? It looks liek a fairly precise procedure and just wondered if there was any room for error.

It's small potatoes really, I was just inder the impression is was a case of dropping the internals into the PCG kit and letting rip.

After that rant I have to say I LOVE the kit, everything about it screams quality and anyone who picks one up will not be dissapointed.

Oh, but after all that time and effort into it only makes it all the more rewarding when its finally done. ;)