SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

My only advice to you is be very very very careful if you do anything to the grips screws.

When I got one the previous owner had accidentally sheared two and when I sold it the next owner sheared one. Obviously they are pretty fragile.

Cute little gun other than that though. It will be interesting to see what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done assembling this yesterday. Mine is actually really similar to PMMJKL's with the silver barrel and chamber in a black slide and frame. I didn't opt for the other silver bits though. Coco bolo grips versus PMMJKL's (what looks like) goncalo alves. Shoots fine, and locks back on the last round on green (unlike the stock TM).

p226e.jpg

I guess I wanted it to look like one of those 1911s, but had a SIG. I'll take better photos next weekend when I build up my mini lightbox. Only now do I realize I've put the wrong flag.

Edited by slu

Well, the P226 seems to be the real one (the slide pin gives me a hint), but I strongly tend to say it's the P229, if it is of metal. Because as far as I know there's no KJW with markings looking that way and no P229 metal kit (otherwise it could be one of the well made Tanakas and/or an exotic rare custom metal kit).

Very hard to tell, well done ;) I like both very much.

That fact that the only P229/8 kit in airsoft, with engraved trades, is done by Prime and is insanely expensive and rare was a pretty clear giveaway.

Nice guns though. If you didn't know what you were about you could almost mistake the P226 for real.

JG SIG552

- MAG 100rds midcaps, clamped two by two, fixed with electrical tape, homemade magpuls made by 1" nylonstraps

- Noname LED flashlight on fakepoint lowmount with fakepoint flipcover

- G&P Fakepoint reddot on ACM QD-mount

- Noname tactical buttplug (vert.grip)

- Homemade paracord 1-point QD sling

- Madbull Noveske KX3 "Firepig"

Chronoed 82m/s with 0,28g BBs wich roughly translates to around 100m/s with 0,2g. Guarder silicon rubber allied to the magical SIG-hopup gives it excellent range. :)

sig552008copy.jpg

sig552013copy.jpg

sg552.jpg

That fact that the only P229/8 kit in airsoft, with engraved trades, is done by Prime and is insanely expensive and rare was a pretty clear giveaway.

Thanks on the insight. I didn't know PRIME did one. I just was guessing. Do you know for which basis the kit was designed? Marui model?

@ fiddlesticks4220

Nice point with the mag. Missed that. That would may be the only clear hint you can recognize the gbb from the picture. Really nice custom work.

Strangely I can't edit my own post … well anyway:

Got the answer to my question myself by chance. Thanks to Arniesairsoft :P The News on the Prime kit for Marui P226R was presented here … nice pictures: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=142651

And some maybe for sale out there (for the pals that have some extra $960 they don't need :( ): http://www.bishoen-hobby.ne.jp/pr337.htm

That's definitely some hot *suitcase* I am dreaming about for years … a nice well done P228 … or a P229 unrailed is fine for me.

Edited by SamJacksonFan
Thanks on the insight. I didn't know PRIME did one. I just was guessing. Do you know for which basis the kit was designed? Marui model?

@ fiddlesticks4220

Nice point with the mag. Missed that. That would may be the only clear hint you can recognize the gbb from the picture. Really nice custom work.

yeah that and the finish on the 226 is not like a real sig. the kit has a flater coat. ;) edit,i hit post 200 cool

Edited by fiddlesticks4220