SIG Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The *bramston pickle* child of the 226 Family haha, I really wish KWA had just painted on all of the PTP stuff that way I could just easily take it off. Got it for a really good deal, my friend sold it to me for $140 with 2 extra magazines.

226.jpg

Edited by akiraspeedstar
  • 2 weeks later...

There are some amazing SIGs here guys.

This is my first attempt at getting that polished ("mirrored"?) effect. Going to use it in my ''Jon Casey" inspired loadout (it should be a non-rail P229, but I'll be damned if I pay £205 for the tanaka pistol...)

Out of interest, how do I stop it dulling? One of my team mates has polished his glock, but it keeps oxidising (I think that's the term) - it clouds over and loses its shine. Is there any way to stop that?

P1011750.jpg

P1011751.jpg

Oil is a temporary solution - to stop it oxidising you need to deny it access to oxygen. Best bet for that is to polish up to the shiniest you can get it, and then clearcoat it. Plenty of places sell little spraycans of gloss/matt/satin clear varnish, which should protect it properly.

Hey guys, I've just taken this in a trade , exactly what you see is what I've got, I'm aware there's a couple of screws missing and I hope to replace them, but I have to say the mount is solid as a rock , as to the metal kit installed , the previous owner couldn't be sure, I thought a PGC lower and guarder slide , but he did think something Prime was used, any help or info you could give from the pictures would be a massive help, the pistol was in a bit of a mess, absolutely caked in grime and grit, it was painful just racking the slide, all I've done is clean it so far, performance is good , emptys most of a mag and locks back 80% of the time.

The thing that makes me think the frame is Prime is that it has that blank circle where a faux screw should be over the trigger. Is there any sanding to the inside of the light mount to fit the dustcover as my P114 wouldn't fit the Prime frame as it was a bit too wide.

I agree, it's probably a first generation PRIME frame. A sure way to check is to look at the frame with the grips removed. PRIME made two separate circular cut outs instead of the large single cut out. Another way to tell is how the front of the slide is shaped with the smoother angles.

The rear plate on the mount should attach right up against the mount and there should be a washer on each mounting screw; also check if the plate is not upside down:

DSCF0201.jpg

The early PRIME frame wouldn't allow the mount to be correctly attached (as far as I'm aware, only the PGC Pro-Win frames had the correct trigger guard shape, but the frame was too wide so as hitman mentioned, you needed to sand down some material for a good fit). I strongly recommend completely removing the rear plate as it might damage the mount. There should be enough friction to hold it into place.