SIG Picture Thread

Ah yes the old SP2022, I recall the older KSC SP2340 I had never would lock back on an empty mag as the catch had worn away at the plastic so it wouldn't work. On the Glocks though this caused them to break, but on the SP2340 it was just annoying :P.

Though I am tempted by a WE P228 but that will be for when I move and my pistols get more use out of them. At the moment my TMs are reliable and get the range I need to compete in woodland.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SIG Sauer P226 West German (Herndon-1989) (Marui/PAC Custom)                        

Here we go with a little family foto I took a few months ago All kinds of SIGs: Left to right, top to bottom: Western Arms GSR VFC P320-M17 KSC P2022 Inokats

Oh right, SIG picture thread, so this can go here : GHK SIG 553 GBB:

Posted Images

Markings on the SP2022 aren't as good, neither is the slide as its worn down and won't lock back after 2-3 mags so I hardly use it now. Might buy a SD slide for it at some point.

I've got the Shooters Design slide for the SP2022, and it's a gorgeous piece of work - really very high quality. It's an absolute b**** to find, though - I've found a place that still has them in stock, so if you do decide to pick one up, drop me a PM. Incidentally, I (I say I, I mean my all-knowing tech, Aod) switched in a recoil spring from a 1911 and improved the feel of the recoil no end.

My WE SIG P226 navy. Fully trademarked and I believe they're correct too.

U serial number on the frame? Or civillian NSW markings?

Oh and on the slide SiGARMS INC. is correct, not SIGARMS INC.

I think that's an interesting fact because on the frame it should state -SIGARMS INC. EXETER NH-

Edited by mo3rk

If that's the same HK P226 that I have it is a replica of the 2004 limited edition P226 NAVY NSW pistol which was limited to 2000 units. Some differenses.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/207836-what-model-sig-sauer-p226-is-this/page-2&do=findComment&comment=2599863

The frame is marked with Exeter NH.

ppc_p226_09.jpg

You can see some more info here :

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/206829-project-”perfect-pistol-case”-rs-replicas/page-8#entry2605596

Edited by NonEx

They get civilian NSW markings, I think. Out of interest, does anyone know if the pistols actually issued as the Mk. 25 have the anchor on them? I'm guessing that they don't (for fairly obvious reasons) but I'm not 100% on that.

I'm far from an expert on this topic, but it's my understanding that the "Mk 25" and "P226 Navy" are models offered to the general public and not an issued pistol. As NonEx mentioned, I too have heard that it's primarily a promotional and marketing idea that SIG came up with and the actual P226's in the SEAL armory are quite different.

I recall someone on ARFCOM post photos of a real SEAL P226 and some did have the anchor mark while some did not...the markings on the frame and slide were also very inconsistent. I think most all of them were stainless, but it looked to me like some of the frames were W. German with the original flat takedown levers...probably treated to resist corrosion.

• Like 2

I'm far from an expert on this topic, but it's my understanding that the "Mk 25" and "P226 Navy" are models offered to the general public and not an issued pistol. As NonEx mentioned, I too have heard that it's primarily a promotional and marketing idea that SIG came up with and the actual P226's in the SEAL armory are quite different.

I recall someone on ARFCOM post photos of a real SEAL P226 and some did have the anchor mark while some did not...the markings on the frame and slide were also very inconsistent. I think most all of them were stainless, but it looked to me like some of the frames were W. German with the original flat takedown levers...probably treated to resist corrosion.

Yes there are some with SIG ARMS(T) P226 on the slide without anchor. With a U  2xx or 3xx serial on the frame and german proof marks.. But the slide is still the newer stainless one. I have pictures if they are wanted.. It actually looks like a frame of a carbon steel slide Version equipped with a stainless steel slide.

But all the newer ones with SIG SAUER P226 on the slide seems to have the anchor. With a U 5xx, 6xx or 7xx serial on the frame and no proof marks. But frame made in Germany on it. The flat takedown levers a common until the U 6xx models i think.

Edited by mo3rk
  • Like 2

You can get a p226 "navy" as a civie (own one)

It does have the anchor engraved in white and NO rail.

As far as I remember the mk25 is the railed version of the issued p226 and has the navy markings when appropriate to who is issued to. The civie version is something else.

Here are a few shots of my WE P229 (Unrailed) with the latest engravings, they are done quite well with the frame markings being a bit less distinct, different metal/process maybe /

I swapped over the grips from my Tanaka P229 which had been sitting there after a couple of failed sales attempts.

Again this was done in a limited run, I can't understand how some of the Sig's by WE get a wider release with markings and others don't,

I thought the P229 due to its lack of availability was a good candidate for an unofficial trademarked release,

but maybe its in their timeline somewhere in the future, as the fully trademarked M&P was also a long time coming.

A lot of WE's P229s were victims of the 'Sticker Phonomena', this is were a 'Made In Taiwan' sticker or similar has been attached to the frame of the gun by a stronger glue than normal,

and resulted in some of the paint-coating being removed along with the sticker, this recently also happened to a large batch of VFC S&W M&Ps which were virtually ruined by Cyberguns choice of glue for the '1 Joule' sticker.

So there is a shiny surface area in front of the takedown lever, as opposed to the normal matt-black paint coating of the frame.

This does not come across in the photos due to a combination of lighting reflection/exposure, so don't say where ;-)

Cheers.

IMG_9401a_zps58fe18bf.jpg

IMG_9388a_zpseb3ff1c2.jpg

IMG_9397_zps20f5c05f.jpg

• Like 1

sweet- where did you get it from :D?

Tokyo Model Company got a few in stock a couple of weeks back, obviously sold-out now,

they will probably get them back in again at some stage, unless another unofficial release beats them to it.

Lower frame trades are a bit hit & miss, and 'Made In Taiwan' sticker removed some matt paint finish,

leaving an unwanted sheen, other than that the slide itself is above-average for an engraving job.

It's a shame there isn't a few more HK3P releases of some of these items, as engraved items are costing a lot extra,

while a perfect VFC Glock 19 is $96, and the forthcoming marked WE M&P (fullsize) is Rumoured to be $180 ?

which honestly looks to be more factory-produced than personalised, but we'll find out soon enough.

You can get a p226 "navy" as a civie (own one)

It does have the anchor engraved in white and NO rail.

As far as I remember the mk25 is the railed version of the issued p226 and has the navy markings when appropriate to who is issued to. The civie version is something else.

Has your Sig phosphated controls? And is the barrel top polished? I'm just curious because the MK25 has an all black barrel like all new Sigs.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a WE F228.  I've owned two of the Prime conversion kits for the TM, and I must say I wouldn't spend the money on them again.  As a collectors piece, Prime > Everything, but it was just too beautiful to use and abuse in my eyes.

So far I'm liking the WE a lot!  I've got some plans for her... will update with pics as things come to fruition.  

IMG_1579_zpsd9cd0647.jpg

• Like 1

I've got to say, I tried the F228 at my local, and it's a country mile better than the F226 - much better fit and finish, acceptable blowback etc, plus they've replicated the faux firing pin that PRIME make for the Marui P226 to great effect. The outer barrel is nasty (horrible quasi-threading for the suppressor) but overall I think it's by far the best WE I've ever shot. Still not as good as (say) a good KJW, but really much better than previous WE pistols.

I'd be interested to see the F228 and the KP-02 (KJW's P229) compared.

• Like 1

I've got to say, I tried the F228 at my local, and it's a country mile better than the F226 - much better fit and finish, acceptable blowback etc, plus they've replicated the faux firing pin that PRIME make for the Marui P226 to great effect. The outer barrel is nasty (horrible quasi-threading for the suppressor) but overall I think it's by far the best WE I've ever shot. Still not as good as (say) a good KJW, but really much better than previous WE pistols.

I'd be interested to see the F228 and the KP-02 (KJW's P229) compared.

+ 1 on that, really liking the we228 , the fit and finish like you say is a mile above there previous efforts, performance is great too on green/propane, shooting .28's nice and straight, for the price I can easily live without the trades. Edited by Jimmypie

I can't speak to the performance figures of both, but the WE has a MUCH nicer finish than the KJW P229 in my personal opinion.  The WE has a nice matte-finish, whereas the KJW is an ugly (though functional) shiny black.  

Just my 2 cents.  

Oh, and I've been running GBB's pretty much exclusively since I got into airsoft 8 years ago, so I've got a lot of hands on experience with a ton of different models.  Just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...