WE P08 Luger 4" Full Metal GBB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh... goody <_< 8mm, plastic, poor hop up design. i want a hard kicking full metal C96. and yes, the HFC is nice, but its just not the same without that unique bolt design flying back and forth.

Thats what I'm saying- I own the Marushin PFC capgun M712 and that thing tears your hand up on full auto!

Because im more of a 1800s revolver fanatic rather then semi auto pistols. I think it would be cool if they made either Colt SAA, or Colt DAA Lightning Birds head.

But indeed, British and Russians needs sidearms too! How about Webley and a Nagant AAAAAnd Tokarev? :D

Nice review man! I loved it! This may sound like replay but: I need a WE Luger P08 now :P

Sincerely Yours

RvH

until a better GBB design for the HP comes out, I'd rather not see the Tanaka system replcated.

The world of full-metal revolvers opens up a whole range of possibilities that make me giddy- First off us 'period Airsoft-enactors' need a proper Webley or Enfield! Then pretty much the entire Tanaka line I would be up for- M15s, M29's all of those!

But the Tanaka system is WA Magna blowback, and at least all the Tanaka pistols I've seen run quite well on HFC 134a.. I rather think it's a question of how it's done, and is the system adapted for green gas.

Just saw a Webley revolver in the latest ARMS Magazine. It's coming out from Marushin, so once again expect it to be 8 mm.

fingerless gloves my friend :) stop denying it, you want a WE GBB C96 too :P

Heavens know I want one.

I've got the HFC full metal NBB thingie, and even though all the mags either leak or went their gas, It's the coolest pistol I've ever tried. Just because I like holding it.

Shame it's so lame to fire...

But this Luger looks awesome. Hell, I might get one.

Nice review and paintjob Guiness.

Did you use the same painting routine as the Mossberg?

I also have a question about the Luger... is the valve-hitter non-retractable like in the Tanaka? Meaning, do you have to have the hammer cocked before you can insert/remove the magazine?

Thanks!

No paint job here except the plastic grips- for the gun itself I just applied a coat of silicone spray to achieve the nice blued 'shine'

And yes, just like the Tanaka, you have to charge the gun before removing or inserting the magazine.

Slainte!

The internal hammer is as soft as the Tanaka or is made of a harder material.

Not knowing about that design "quirk" I broke the one in my Tanaka 8'' Luger the first time I put the mag in, and had to build a new part dremelling an old knife.

Thinner than the original part, but is not going to break again. :P

Mmmm, Tanaka's stock and snail-mag will fit the WE?

Mmmm, Tanaka's stock and snail-mag will fit the WE?

I haven't tested the Tanaka mag in the WE yet. I'm sure the stock will fit though because the lug attach point on the heel of the pistol is the same between the Tanaka and the WE.

Similarly, the HFC and Marushin wooden stock/holsters for the Broomhandle Mausers are interchangeable because they are both modeled on the real-steel Mauser.

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't tested the Tanaka mag in the WE yet. I'm sure the stock will fit though because the lug attach point on the heel of the pistol is the same between the Tanaka and the WE.

Similarly, the HFC and Marushin wooden stock/holsters for the Broomhandle Mausers are interchangeable because they are both modeled on the real-steel Mauser.

is it safe to use green gas with the WE Luger?

:blink:

Alright... anyway, how about that fps test? Also is there any liquid gas squirting from the action when fired? When rapid fired?

Confused about your apparent confusion, :P

but anyway, no- like most other gas-powered pistols, the only way to coax any venting or excess gas discharge form the weapon is to hold it upside-down while firing.

I have a gracious offer to supply a chrono from one of our readers, so I need to answer his PM and see what's up.

thanks!

well, having shot the P08 4in, I was impressed with the heft of it.

The sights leave much to be desired, but that was the thing back then.

Even though I know it has the button eject, I was still suprised to not see a 'european' magazine release.

Good firing.. the action makes it feel 'smooth', but the accuracy leaves much to be desired - shots all over the show at the 30m mark. This is a gbb for closer than that. Be interesting to see if the 6 and 8in barrels change this. Can also have to do with the whole barrel/upper moving about too.

• 2 weeks later...

slightly necro but...

for the silencer is it possible to adapt it for standard 14mm cc? i think this would look great as the 4" with a silver silencer but maybe thats just me....

what do you mean by all over the show? is it atrocious accuracy all over or is it just bad for those long range pistol engagements? numbers help.

• 3 weeks later...