Pictures of your OD gear

I took a few pics of mt friends OD set up he bought a few hours ago. He has my old nam helmet and my G-Tag gloves on and is using my M4 instead of his.

HPIM0256.jpg

HPIM0257.jpg

HPIM0258.jpg

I have suggested some green jungle boots for his set up which he said he will pick up in the near future.

Grim

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mav, how snug are those pouches on m4 mags? will they slide out if not fastened in? same question goes for the .45 slots, just wondering how snugly they will hold single stack 1911 mags because im thinking about getting one of these for a thigh rig.

They were very tight - so definately wouldnt fall out. infact so tight i couldn't get them out either! but a quick blast from a hair dryer allowed me to remold the kydex and allowed to easier removal, yet stiff enough still to hold them inplace properly.

I recently acquired (well, by recently I mean today) an OE-Tech MOLLE Chest Rig from AirsoftGI (found HERE). The more astute among you will notice that it's a copy of the HSGI gear, but more modular. The drawback is that it didn't accept my hydration system very well - the cross strap got in the way. That said, it did have provisions for a clip-on hydration system.

Feeling ingenious, I cut off the shoulder straps and cut up the back strap on the chest rig, pairing the hydration pouch's clips on the lower back and the OETech's buckles from the back onto the shoulders, where they mated perfectly with the pre-existing female clips for the original hydration system they presumably offer. I used the webbing from the hydration system and adapted it to fit the clips, sewing it tight with clothing string (all I had, so I stitched in an X-pattern with a box around it and stitched triple thread tight).

The result?

0205082200.jpg

0205082200a.jpg

Please excuse the lack of pouches, they either haven't arrived yet or are being modified themselves.

lol, so i look 14 ! Yeah its a RICAS compact, awesome bit of kit, glad i bought it :D

Darkchild

Surprisingly that was about the age I was hinting at, sort of 14/15 ish :P

The RICAS compact looks much better on you than it does in the uktactical picture imo. Maybe it's just your setup that makes it look a lot more threatening than the uktac pic suggests.

I recently acquired (well, by recently I mean today) an OE-Tech MOLLE Chest Rig from AirsoftGI

Feeling ingenious, I cut off the shoulder straps and cut up the back strap on the chest rig, pairing the hydration pouch's clips on the lower back and the OETech's buckles from the back onto the shoulders, where they mated perfectly with the pre-existing female clips for the original hydration system they presumably offer. I used the webbing from the hydration system and adapted it to fit the clips, sewing it tight with clothing string (all I had, so I stitched in an X-pattern with a box around it and stitched triple thread tight).

The result?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/The.../0205082200.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/The...0205082200a.jpg

Please excuse the lack of pouches, they either haven't arrived yet or are being modified themselves.

i have the same thing, it seems to small for me so i gotta buy another one T_T, i love how you can open it up i cliped a holster on the inside, i realy cant see whatelse ill put in side, i rarely even open it T_T i had it filled with stuff but couldnt feel hits so i took it off..I thought ill just drop empty magazines into it but i bought a magazine dump so lol

i would sell it if i was UKARA, its the only AEG ive got and i cant be bothered to get UKARA reg with it (i thought id try support but its not my thing, plus im lazy and cant be bothered to carry the 6'n'a something kg it comes to) so im waiting till im living in london when the weather should be nicer. its got quite a few GB-Tech parts so its a tad better than just a standard Top :D anyways back on topic, cheers for the comment, should be getting a flight suit soon so hopefully ill look the dogs when im all OD'ed up.

• 2 weeks later...