Pictures of your OD gear

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DarkMM can u get a shot of the chicom stamp on yr 4 pouch chicom vest? I can read it and tell you exactly what it's intended for and which year it's made.

Wilco :)

DSC00889.jpg

There's another smaller fainter stamp on it, can't get it to come out in a photo - I'll try scanning it latter when I clear the junk off my scanner :)

DarkMM :flamed:

Edited by DarkMM
Here's yet another type:

eBay link

Interesting. Wouldn't mind one of those 4 pocket ones myself.

Isnt that one for the SKS? I wouldnt mind finding out how big those pouches are as they look like they might be handy for an M14 or maybe M16

I dont know if this helps for reading the back of the 4 pocket chicom but I've tweeked the colours a bit to try and make the stamp stand out.

DSC00889edit.jpg

Well, as the auction says that rig I linked to is designed for holding ammo for the 'Type 53', as you correctly highlighted a Chinese copy of the Russian SKS, a carbine version of the Mosin-Nagant bolt-action rifle. Says it's for holding clips of the ammo which I would guess come in 5 rounds each, 180 rounds/5 round clips = 36 clips, 36 clips/9 pouches (1 pouch for cleaning kit) = four, 5 round clips of AK type ammo per pouch. Probably stacked 2 high and 2 deep, so that gives you a rough idea of how much space you'd get per pouch, might take M14/G3 or 5.56 STANAGs but it'd probably be tight with both, would presumably be best suited to those short style mags off the beta spetsnaz.

Isnt that one for the SKS? I wouldnt mind finding out how big those pouches are as they look like they might be handy for an M14 or maybe M16

I dont know if this helps for reading the back of the 4 pocket chicom but I've tweeked the colours a bit to try and make the stamp stand out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/eva...SC00889edit.jpg

right thanks DarkMM n Evansy. I have no idea why the factory who made this decided to use some fancy cursive chinese characters. You'd think a nice stamp like the one on mine would be more pratical:

chicom01571.jpg

Top row literally transated says: 56 type assault gun bullet bag (wu liu shi chong feng qiang zi dan dai)

bottom row literally translated says: something river something munitions factory 83 year (?? jiang ?? wu zhuang cang ba san nian du)

but what I can actually make out, literally translated:

chicom02a485.jpg

so yes its a Type 56 chest rig made in 1986

beats me why they can print 86 in numerals while 56 was in chinese characters. lol

Edited by Punkypink
right thanks DarkMM n Evansy. I have no idea why the factory who made this decided to use some fancy cursive chinese characters. You'd think a nice stamp like the one on mine would be more pratical:

Top row literally transated says: 56 type assault gun bullet bag (wu liu shi chong feng qiang zi dan dai)

bottom row literally translated says: something river something munitions factory 83 year (?? jiang ?? wu zhuang cang ba san nian du)

but what I can actually make out, literally translated:

so yes its a Type 56 chest rig made in 1986

beats me why they can print 86 in numerals while 56 was in chinese characters. lol

No thank you dear and Evansy (I have no idea how to alter pictures like that - cut paste and airbrush yes ;) ):) Now I know what it says - Ill scan the other stamp when I have a chance it appears more "industrial"/practical type printing. And I know what you mean about the text, it's like trying to write cryllic in cursive compared to block-print like :)

DarkMM :flamed:

Edited by DarkMM

PICT0165.jpg

You'll have to excuse the tan hydro pouch and dump pouch. I was going to buy an OD hydro & dump pouch for this weekends game but flecktarn are out of stock of hydro until Nov. so I'm ordering from HK later this month.

looks good evansy was it made for any perticular military branch?

Nope, it was just made because wearing my camelbak with my alice gear ended up with my slings getting tangled.

For the summer theres nothing better imo. The only problem I had with the alice gear was canteens, I just hate having to stop to drink. Now I can use the camelbak when I'm on the go and if I run out I've got a spare canteen to top it up.

Here's my Israel Defense Force OD kit and Infantry Vest

IMG_0313.jpg

the red snake with wings badge is the combat paratroop division

that brown thing on the top left is a helmet with a net to break up the silhouette

my SR15 custom, battle wear is real, not faked (marks should be earned, not made) and an olive branch for good measure

front of the vest

IMG_0311.jpg

space for 8 m16/galil mags, 3 pistol mags, 2 smoke grenades, a frag, your ID card and a radio

Back of vest

IMG_0312.jpg

top is a helmet bag, below it are straps for sleeping bag/mat, horizontal rope pouch, 2 canisters of water, and underneath it all is a built in camelback

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if relevant but:

OG Ventile suit- SAS style smock and S95 style trousers custom made by SASS

DSC00135.jpg

Aussie custom made Minimi type vest. Very nice bit of kit..

DSC00198-1.jpg

SWATF Type 1 vest:

Picture493.jpg

Picture495.jpg

Repro Rhodesian chest rig:

Picture487.jpg

ARKTIS Advanced Chest Rig. Very versatile- can be worn high as chest rig or low and wide as beltkit.

Picture468.jpg

South African chest rig believed Niemoller made:

Picture221.jpg

And matching belt rig. A bergen that I don't have clips on the large QR clips.

Picture220.jpg

OG '58 bottle with US style cap......:shout:

DSC00183.jpg

:stop:

Edited by Spacemonkey