Pictures of your OD gear

Awesome! The only suggestion I'd make would be to add some elastic to make the ends close down on the goggle straps to be more dustproof, but still, good hand stitching! :D

Them fingers are painful now lol. I wants sewing machine! :(

Space! stop doing this to us. We're turning OD with envy! XD

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could but I haven't got any OD socks, and a sock won't go around the goggles unless you cut it open and then I'd have to sew it back anyway. And I can't bear to cut up new socks, while old ones will just smell.

just smell? you know you are allowed to wash your feet right?

Lets just say I have occasional flashbacks of barracks that stick so bad that sleeping was nigh impossible and gave us an actual use for gas masks.

In basic we had to handwash all our clothes, sometimes for as long as 3 weeks a stretch, and most stay-in personnel do not have access to proper laundry facilities in camp. We also don't get enough issue socks to handwash and air dry socks so most people wear the same pair a couple of days before swapping out a new pair. They do use foot powder very liberally as a result, but old army socks as far as I'm concerned, have an undescribably bad smell which makes me ill just thinking about.

PICT0165.jpg

You'll have to excuse the tan hydro pouch and dump pouch. I was going to buy an OD hydro & dump pouch for this weekends game but flecktarn are out of stock of hydro until Nov. so I'm ordering from HK later this month.

How is that hydration carrier fitted on there? Are those Y or H supseders? A pic of the front would be nice.

How is that hydration carrier fitted on there? Are those Y or H supseders? A pic of the front would be nice.

Its a Y harness in that pic. The hydro pouch has 5 molle loops on the back so its threaded thru the middle one and spread out at the bottom where it splits.

It wasnt very stable tho and kept slipping to my side when I went pron and crawling was even worse. I've got a H harness now tho so fingers crossed that will be better.