M4 malfunction

Jsres

so today i was at a game, was firing full auto and all of a sudden it crapped out on me. It fired a couple more times then crapped out completely. Not being quite knowledgeble in the mechanical sense, i checked the fuse and the motor pin connections. both seem good but it still would not fire. any ideas on what could of happened to my beloved m4??

'Crapped out'? Not a technical term I'm familiar with :P

If it just stopped firing suddenly, then fired again for a few shots, it could be a loose connection or maybe dirty/pitted/corroded trigger or selector plate contacts.

Is it just auto that isn't working or does it not fire at all now?

What make is it and what's it's 'history' (i.e. how old, how much use, any upgrades, previous problems, etc)

How did you check the fuse, visually? Have you another one you can try?

And the motor connectors can break but still look intact due to the shrink-wrap sleeving on them.

Have you tried turning it off an on again?

Oh wait that's computers.

Ermm "crapped out" as in "it started making awful noises but holding my finger down on the trigger didn't clear it"? Or "It just stopped, fired then stopped again but this time for good"? First one is going to be mechanical failure, latter is most likely going to be something electrical - Put your ear up to where the motor is and pull the trigger if you hear a slight click from the motor then either the battery is dead/flat or the gearbox is jammed, probably from some broken teeth (this would tends to pop the fuse though).

haha sorry for the wrong term. btw about the fuse it is a 35A fuse so idk how it could have blown

@Docv400

It stopped firing totally, worked for a couple more rounds, then stopped firing completely. As for the make, it is a TM m4. it is upgraded past forum limits(sorry) so i wont mention the fps. Has had around 10k through with the upgrades, 2k without. I checked the fuse manually by taking off the full stock and opening up the fuse housing.

@w00k1e

I indeed did try my battery on another one of my team mates gun and it did work. I tried another battery on my gun and it did not work.

@Catman

It just stopped firing the first time, worked for a few more rounds and then completely stopped firing.

Archived