WW2 101st Airbourne kit

cnix19

Yeah....kinda like when u play Call of Duty 3 on multiplatyer and every axis player under the sun selects that as there primary weapon. lol

Yeah ive just had a stupid shipping quote from AZR they wanted £89 shipping and handling...so it worked out as £170 in total before buying the doner M14.

looks like 2ndbat is my man. although people are telling me to get the Thompson...but there's something about holding a garand, and besides im kinda bored of sub machine guns atm...just sold my mp5's.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shoot and scoot do a custom bren, sten and enfield, but for that u need alot of moolah. Well it WW2 airsoft seems to be taking off in a big way. I guess the words gotta travel across to asia, that its not just about modern warfare.

Give it another 6-12 months you mite see something on the horizon. Its gotta be worth their while though first.

I can't restrain myself any longer! There's no U in AIRBORNE!!

Ahhh! That's better!

:D

Anyway, nice one with the diagram there biguk. By way of further explanation the names in parentheses (Kiwi, Keepsake etc) were callsigns as part of the Divisional radio comms ident system.

I beg to differ!

Cambridge English Dictionary

Dictionary.co.uk

Also MS Word (UK English) instantly corrects it to airborne.

"Bourne" is a word in English meaning "small stream"

"Borne" - to be carried, hence "Airborne"

Also I working in military aviation and it nearly nineteen years I've yet to see "airborne" spelt with a U in any Air Publication and you won't see it with a U on any shoulder titles.

:D

I'll (attempt!) to out pedant you any day good sir! I'm off out now to get a life. ;)

Well English is a right old minefield, especially considering the degree to which it has spread around the planet and evolved in different ways as a result. My other "favourite" here on the good old interweb is "Coming" spelt as "Comming".

You don't even need l33t and txt spk to drive me slightly potty!

:)

Got my airborne jumpsuit delivered today, from aviator2046 on ebay after the recommendation. Looks good. Not had it out the packaging yet though as its sat next to me on my desk at work.

I'll post up some pics later though

Great pcitures very atmospheric. I heard from 2ndBat about the jump to destiny game, aparently it was extremely good. Makes me wanna just push on and get this loadout completed.

I've chosen a thompson for now as my primary, with getting a garand from 2ndbat in the near future. unless someone wants to make me an AEG version *wink* *wink* AGM or JG or Dboys.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Id recommend this guy on ebay for Jump suits....They are great. I bought mine from him and so have a few others from the ww2 airsoft forum..and they are practically identical to the SOF, at £50 for the set rather than £100+ on SOF.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Memory1945_Clothi...2QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Plus mega fast shipping.

• 1 year later...

I have spent some time collecting my outfit and aging it. Photo is black & white to add atmosphere rolleyes.gif

007.jpg

hard to see in the picture but suit has been treated with paint camo as per the Pathfinders on D Day. What they did was they used green paint found on the airfield (used on the planes) and stood in a line 'painting' lines and splashes on each others front and backs so as to break up the lightness of the standard suits.Some of 101st easy company did this too. Luckily for me my friend who has a WW2 jeep has the Green paint that was the right colour.

This is his suit properly aged and my suit before aging

IMG_0397.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived